Departures

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I agree with brucie. I wasn't particularly impressed with MacDonald.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

wivelgull wrote:I agree with brucie. I wasn't particularly impressed with MacDonald.
I too agree. More to the point, given that we are keeping McKenzie, MacDonald wasn't that much better to justify his undoubted higher salary
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

wivelgull wrote:I agree with brucie. I wasn't particularly impressed with MacDonald.
Seriously - what is the point in you posting?

First everything was about the bird and now everything is 'I agree with brucie'. Have you nothing better to contribute than this?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

I agree with Wivel. ;-)

Didn't see the point in signing McDonald in the first place as he was hardly more experienced then McKenzie. He looked decent in his first game, but I wasn't impressed with his subsequent performances.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Macdonald was a really odd player. Never really knew what to make of him at all. I appreciate he was inexperienced. Didn't he come on a sub in one home game at half time when he was ill with a stomach bug. Could hardly run but did a manful job.
He played in a few games when we went on a winning run and kept Downes out for a few games.
He played against Wycombe ( I think) when he was unable to head the ball at all. In the away game at Northampton he was all over the shop when marking Platt and was lucky not to concede a penalty or two.
He is probably about conference standard really.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

He's very young, inexperienced and he got a lesson at Northampton. Not from a particualrly good striker, Clive Platt has never been that succesful anywhere but he's a journeyman pro that is fairly good at what he does in this division. I wasn't overly impressed by MacDonald in the few games I saw of him but at 19/20 years of age he does have time on his side, being at a club like Yeovil would be good for him. It is too high a standard for him right now but it's one of those clubs where he'll feel he has a chance of games, he'll probs go out on loan to L2/Conf this coming season then be back there with 30 games under his belt for L1 next year.

Centre backs and keepers do tend to improve a bit with age so I'd be hesistant to totally write him off at 20. The difference for us being we need a regular starter centre half and I think we need someone a bit more experienced to do it, with a youngster as backup. We may as well use Kirtys McKenzie for that role and him playing 5/6 games a season rather than shelling out a wage on MacDonald who need to be playing matches now.
NA Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Howe

Post by NA Gull »

Brian Saah is playing in a friendly for Dagenham tonight. Not sure if he is on trial or has signed.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Jesus, he must really be desperate to live near London. They must be favourites for the drop. It's coming to something when players are leaving us to go there, are we that bad?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

ferrarilover wrote:Jesus, he must really be desperate to live near London. They must be favourites for the drop. It's coming to something when players are leaving us to go there, are we that bad?

Matt.
I think Daggers is his home town club. If Orient won't have him I guess this is next best. It's either them or Sarfend.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by royalgull »

ferrarilover wrote:Jesus, he must really be desperate to live near London. They must be favourites for the drop. It's coming to something when players are leaving us to go there, are we that bad?

Matt.
We're about the same as them. Saah's motivation was purely geographical so if that's the best offer he's got then fair do's.
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

Our ground is definitely better than theirs and have you ever been to dagenham it's the biggest hole on earth. Every scumbag who are not classy enough to get onto Jeremy kyles show live there. In my opinion put a wall around it and nuke it.... And after you still couldn't tell the difference.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by royalgull »

In terms of football club, us and them aren't too dis similar. I have been there, it is an awful place but if your motivation is to move nearer to London then it's a sensible move.
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

Saul Halpin has moved on to Bideford after playing against Crewe (for Truro) earlier in the week.
http://www.westbriton.co.uk/Truro-boss- ... story.html
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

Macklin training with the Daggers too.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Well that about sums up Saah really then. Wasn't FL telling us what a legend he was. If the best offer he can get is Dagenham then god help him.