News you might not have heard

General chat about anything else goes here.
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Gullscorer wrote:Newly discovered North Sea coal could power Britain for centuries: http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/newly-discover ... es-1442551
There's enough of the bloody stuff directly under where I'm sat writing this to last the country decades, even centuries. Unfortunately Thatcher decided that the blokes who got it out were a little troublesome for her liking so selfishly and spitefully killed their livelihood (and the country's ability to provide its own energy) off.
What a great leader and forward thinker she was. :-/
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

And of course, it had nothing to do with that tosser Scargill and his cronies trying to hold the country to ransom ........
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Southampton Gull wrote:And of course, it had nothing to do with that tosser Scargill and his cronies trying to hold the country to ransom ........
Yes, hold to ransom for the right to earn a living with decent pay and working conditions taken for granted today. Ok, Scargill was a **** but
I watched my granddad die a slow, horrible death, a very, very old man at 63 from pneumoconiosis due to the extremely poor conditions he's worked in since the age of 14.
Sorry mate, but all you saw was what the Thatcher loving press broadcast, and unless you witnessed some of the stuff first hand you're hardly qualified to comment.
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Torquay United favourites to be relegated.!!
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

"Mr X was convicted of failing to provide police with the password to his USB stick..."

Contrary, presumably, to the Memory Sticks (provisions of passwords) Act 2012.

He wasn't convicted of any such thing. Abysmal (but standard) reporting.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

ferrarilover wrote:"Mr X was convicted of failing to provide police with the password to his USB stick..."
Contrary, presumably, to the Memory Sticks (provisions of passwords) Act 2012.
He wasn't convicted of any such thing. Abysmal (but standard) reporting.
Matt.
Sad but true; way of the world these days.
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Gullscorer wrote:Don't read this one if you're a sensitive person: http://twnow.com/tech-founder-in-shocki ... buse-case/
Just what is wrong with you? Constantly harping on about women causing grief to men, and the links you have at the bottom of your page.
She (your ex I'm assuming) must have really taken you to the cleaners.

Get a grip man.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

EmetEdadsBeard wrote: Just what is wrong with you? Constantly harping on about women causing grief to men, and the links you have at the bottom of your page. She (your ex I'm assuming) must have really taken you to the cleaners.
Get a grip man.
Just what is wrong with you? I ask the same question of you, Em, because I do not constantly 'harp on'. I merely provided a link here to an issue which society ignores. I occasionally raise the issues and problems facing men and fathers and boys in today's society because almost nobody else, apart from people such as those in the links I provide, almost nobody else in government, in law, in education, nor in most charities, nor the UN, is doing so. And I do so not because I have an 'ex' or hate women (I don't) but because I believe in justice, fairness and compassion for all.

I'm assuming you were raised by a feminist single mother or were otherwise similarly indoctrinated into bigotry, because your hostile responses seem to indicate as much, and you certainly appear to have issues of your own. If you choose to remain blind to the issues I raise that's up to you. If you wish to express your opinions in reasoned logical argument you are free to do so. But you choose instead to throw personal abuse and ridicule at me, which suggests that you don't have any counter arguments to make. You attempt instead to silence me and censor me, which are the actions of a totalitarian ideologue. You are free to start your own threads, and to say whatever you want, within the bounds of decency, in your own posts. But I claim exactly the same right. I will not be silenced and censored.

If you have the courage to read some of the links I provide with an objective and open mind, you might actually free yourself of some of that apparent bigotry. The posts I make on these issues are far outweighed by those on other matters, yet you choose to focus on these, on which you appear to be overly sensitive. Why? If you really are that sensitive you don't have to read them. I did warn you! On the other hand, if you really are the intolerant bigot you appear to be, I suggest you go away and seek counselling or some similar kind of help. You see, I have concern and compassion for you, Em, and even for feminists, just as much as for anybody else..
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Gullscorer wrote: Just what is wrong with you? I ask the same question of you, Em, because I do not constantly 'harp on'. I merely provided a link here to an issue which society ignores. I occasionally raise the issues and problems facing men and fathers and boys in today's society because almost nobody else, apart from people such as those in the links I provide, almost nobody else in government, in law, in education, nor in most charities, nor the UN, is doing so. And I do so not because I have an 'ex' or hate women (I don't) but because I believe in justice, fairness and compassion for all.

I'm assuming you were raised by a feminist single mother or were otherwise similarly indoctrinated into bigotry, because your hostile responses seem to indicate as much, and you certainly appear to have issues of your own. If you choose to remain blind to the issues I raise that's up to you. If you wish to express your opinions in reasoned logical argument you are free to do so. But you choose instead to throw personal abuse and ridicule at me, which suggests that you don't have any counter arguments to make. You attempt instead to silence me and censor me, which are the actions of a totalitarian ideologue. You are free to start your own threads, and to say whatever you want, within the bounds of decency, in your own posts. But I claim exactly the same right. I will not be silenced and censored.

If you have the courage to read some of the links I provide with an objective and open mind, you might actually free yourself of some of that apparent bigotry. The posts I make on these issues are far outweighed by those on other matters, yet you choose to focus on these, on which you appear to be overly sensitive. Why? If you really are that sensitive you don't have to read them. I did warn you! On the other hand, if you really are the intolerant bigot you appear to be, I suggest you go away and seek counselling or some similar kind of help. You see, I have concern and compassion for you, Em, and even for feminists, just as much as for anybody else..

Lots of assumptions about me and my upbringing in there, all of which are totally wrong, but hey ho, you know best. Add to that the fact that I have been on the wrong end of exactly what you CONTINUALLY (and I mean CONTINUALLY) harp on about, favouritism towards women (I worked in a primarily female job in which the women were constantly treated more favourably than my male colleagues).
I don't go on and on about it though, and I work full time and have a social life so I haven't the time or inclination to read the links you provide, I just wish you'd give it a rest. I think we've got it now, you're on some sort of crusade to save us men from letting ourselves be overrun by women and feminist ideology.
I bet you're a right laugh at a party........

I'll just ignore anything else you post from now on, it'll almost certainly be even more anti women/anti feminist claptrap and quite frankly you also seem to have issues, the main one being you're a bore.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Well Em, judging from your posts here, it seems you allow yourself to make assumptions about me but I'm not allowed, based on what I've read, to make assumptions about you. And I’m only allowed to write posts you want to read on subjects of which you approve.

It also appears that you’ve not learned anything from your stated experiences, and you admit you’ve not educated yourself by looking at the links I provide, so you obviously have no real understanding of the issues and of the true nature of modern feminism. You still, even now, conflate being anti-feminist (which I am) with being anti-women (which I most definitely am not). This explains why you resort to posting personal abuse against me rather than addressing the issues with logical reasoned argument.

As for continually harping, the one who does that is not me, but you, every time I post anything, including factual news items, which has even the remotest connection with the subject. In fact the number of such posts I put up is tiny compared with the totality of all my posts, albeit mainly bunched up into certain threads.

However, I’m relieved you’re going to ignore my future posts, since I’m going to take the advice at the bottom of your own posts and will try not to argue with you again. This should free up a little time to enable you to see a therapist.
Last edited by Gullscorer on 06 May 2014, 03:19, edited 1 time in total.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Dangerous snake on Dartmoor: http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/M ... story.html

As usual, the reporter cannot spell properly, or could not be bothered to check the spelling: 'was finding it hard to breath' should be ' was finding it hard to breathe'...!!