Who will it be? - Chris Hargreaves NEW MANAGER

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

How about Matt Hockley as manager, with Mark Loram as DOF and Danny Stevens as Assistant? Apparently, playing for us previously is the pre-requisite, experience is unimportant and money is not a problem...
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Rumour I heard is that it will be Joyce and Kelly. I bloody hope its wrong though. I cannot seriously believe that Harrop would be considered surely - Branston is a loose cannon. Sturrock is a kilt wearing has been.
Hargreaves to me looks like the overwhelming favourite. Narrowly missed out last time and would have the backing of the fans and the players. At least Benyon will be playing week in week out.
Would he actually want the job though.
Its a gamble but we are up shit creek without a paddle anyway.
Weeble Harrop needs to get us three points on Saturday - it will be bloody interesting to see what team he actually puts out on the pitch though.
Garydegull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Adrian Foster

Post by Garydegull »

Martin Ling should come back. Knows what is needed in this league and would have us up there fighting for promotion.
And he kinda dropped a huge hint he would come back if asked in his radio interview..... plus hed be cheap :)
TeenageGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Chris Zebroski

Post by TeenageGull »

Garydegull wrote:Martin Ling should come back. Knows what is needed in this league and would have us up there fighting for promotion.
And he kinda dropped a huge hint he would come back if asked in his radio interview..... plus hed be cheap :)
I bloody well hope not. He wont be cheap. Why would he come back? There is so many better options than league
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Don't be ridiculous - the notion that Ling is going to return after getting a large pay off is just plainly stupid.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

For all the good that he has done at Bideford, I don't think Joyce would be the right appointment. Far far too much of a gamble - he's been isolated from the FL for far too long. I think if I was given the choice, I'd choose Hodges over Joyce.

Aside from Sturrock or Hargreaves, the list of bookies possibilities can either be grouped as "unappealing" or "unrealistic"
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

It's who can we afford, we can try all of the top names but will have to settle for the devil you know. Hargreaves and Nico if they both get on with each other would be my choice as they do know the players. :bow:
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

brucie wrote:Don't be ridiculous - the notion that Ling is going to return after getting a large pay off is just plainly stupid.
Not to mention beyond embarrassing to bring back someone you sacked and paid off in full just 5 months ago, but then, this is TUFC , and nothing surprises me anymore.
Formerly known as forevertufc
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

Jeff wrote:For all the good that he has done at Bideford, I don't think Joyce would be the right appointment. Far far too much of a gamble - he's been isolated from the FL for far too long. I think if I was given the choice, I'd choose Hodges over Joyce.

Aside from Sturrock or Hargreaves, the list of bookies possibilities can either be grouped as "unappealing" or "unrealistic"
Joyce has done a brilliant job at Bideford and could be right for the job with someone experienced who knows. We are looking for a brave decision from the board.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Interesting that David Thomas mentions Martin Ling in HE. Apparently Ling has recently been in contact with directors. Never say never in football world!
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

I think Joyce would be massively out of his depth if he got the job.
Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Sunnysideup »

Gullscorer wrote:You have only to look at Alan Knill's team which lost to Plymouth yesterday compared with Martin Ling's team which played Argyle last season to see the measure of our decline.

Come back, Martin Ling.. :-D
I went to both Plymouth matches last season and they were both drab displays, despite Plymouth being a poorer side than they are this season.
Apathy Rules...............it's ok though, nobody's that fussed about it........
A Realist
First Regular
First Regular
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by A Realist »

nickbrod wrote:Interesting that David Thomas mentions Martin Ling in HE. Apparently Ling has recently been in contact with directors. Never say never in football world!
He would also be probably the cheapest option. If, as suspected, the club are still paying him off, it would be realistic to expect that if they did give him the chance to come back then the previous compensation would not have to be paid any more.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

Jeff wrote:I'd be more keen on a Sturrock/Hargreaves partnership, but any combination of experienced/inexperienced men is most likely fantasy stuff due to budgetary constraints.

The more I think about it the more I'm warming to Hargreaves. The bookies list of managers in the frame is pretty ridiculous and just a list of currently out-of-work people!
I agree Hargreaves, is a wanted man and what a clanger we would drop if he kept Northampton up. Get him in before Saturday and put Nico as assistant. :bow: :bow: :bow:
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Trouble is , if correct, several people have told me Martin Ling has already been paid of in full, Taylor also.
Formerly known as forevertufc