So who will be relegated?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
nickfrench82
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ummmmmm

Post by nickfrench82 »

The funny thing about the article, is it places far more emphasis on the struggling teams below them, than on City themselves.

In a way, it's not about 8 of the clubs below having to overhaul them, but they have to pick up enough points to avoid falling below 8 of those sides.

The teams that want to stay in League 2 don't have to accumulate more points than 23 other sides, they only have to get more than 2 teams.

I do think that City will stay up, but historically there is always 1 team that falls like a stone, and there's nothing like arrogance to make yourself a target!
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Now listen because I will tell you who will be relegated. It will be the two teams who have the worst sequence of results in the last 10 games.

It might be one (or both) of the teams currently occupying the relegation positions at this time. Among other scenarios, it may involve a team(s) in "midtable security" who suffer an end of season collapse.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
nickfrench82
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ummmmmm

Post by nickfrench82 »

Trojan 67 wrote:Now listen because I will tell you who will be relegated. It will be the two teams who have the worst sequence of results in the last 10 games.

It might be one (or both) of the teams currently occupying the relegation positions at this time. Among other scenarios, it may involve a team(s) in "midtable security" who suffer an end of season collapse.
I bet even if Scunthorpe lost their last 10 games, they won't be relegated :P
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Trojan 67 wrote:A squad last season with Stevens in it almost got relegated. A squad with an unfit previously released Stevens in it will stay up ? :nod: :whip:

You f*ck all knowing nodding :nod: braindeads need tw*tting. :@

Is that dry and honest enough for the wet drips Supes?
Although a team with Mansell as captain last season almost got relegated.

That is a captain who has managed to get himself relegated out of League 2 twice before.

... and a captain of a team still sitting in the relegation places this season. ;-)
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

People post on here with honest opinions and even reasoned arguments, but that's not enough for an emotional Trojan, who also resorts to personal abuse and attacks on other posters because they happen to disagree with him. That's out of order Troj, and says more about yourself than about what you're trying to contribute to the debate..
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Some people have no sense of humour.........
Dave

Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Southampton Gull wrote:Some people have no sense of humour.........
You mean those who never visit the Favourite Jokes thread..?? (£)
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Gullscorer wrote:People post on here with honest opinions and even reasoned arguments, but that's not enough for an emotional Trojan, who also resorts to personal abuse and attacks on other posters because they happen to disagree with him. That's out of order Troj, and says more about yourself than about what you're trying to contribute to the debate..
(8) :'( I get so emotional gullsquawker :'( everytime you squawk my name . . . . . . . (8)

:nod: :lol:

On a serious note . . . . . . (8) . . . . . . :rofl:
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stefano »

Although I would not like to see it happen as it would be extremely bad for Devon football, I think Exeter City might join us. They are certainly having a damned good go at trying to catch us! ;-)
Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Sunnysideup »

stefano wrote:Although I would not like to see it happen as it would be extremely bad for Devon football, I think Exeter City might join us. They are certainly having a damned good go at trying to catch us! ;-)
Maybe they're the team that usually seems to slide from a safe position once Christmas has gone and can't halt it ?
Apathy Rules...............it's ok though, nobody's that fussed about it........
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stefano »

Sunnysideup wrote: Maybe they're the team that usually seems to slide from a safe position once Christmas has gone and can't halt it ?
Maybe, although I would not be surprised to see Argyle plummet. Only one win in their last seven (and that was against us!). They are mediocre and certainly over achieving at 12th in the table. That's also about the position at the end of January that the freefall relegation team comes from! ;-)
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Trojan 67 wrote:Now listen because I will tell you who will be relegated. It will be the two teams who have the worst sequence of results in the last 10 games.
Trojan actually speaks some sense here. Towards the end of a season there will be a few teams, having had a run of indifferent form, who suddenly find themselves too close for comfort to the relegation places. These teams will be looking over their shoulders and their confidence will evaporate. And there is usually one team dropping like a stone from a lower mid-table position finding themselves in grave danger and not being able to do a damned thing about it. The last ten games will be decisive.
Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Sunnysideup »

stefano wrote:Maybe, although I would not be surprised to see Argyle plummet. Only one win in their last seven (and that was against us!). They are mediocre and certainly over achieving at 12th in the table. That's also about the position at the end of January that the freefall relegation team comes from! ;-)
I would be suprised myself. The 7 matches include 2 against Port Vale that by all accounts they were unlucky to lose. Their last 8 league is W3 D3 L2 (away at Chesterfield and Rochdale). Hate to say it about them, but thats pretty much playoff form
Apathy Rules...............it's ok though, nobody's that fussed about it........
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Sunnysideup wrote: I would be suprised myself. The 7 matches include 2 against Port Vale that by all accounts they were unlucky to lose. Their last 8 league is W3 D3 L2 (away at Chesterfield and Rochdale). Hate to say it about them, but thats pretty much playoff form
we have a lot more to worry about than the gargs.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468