Possible targets

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

PlainmoorRoar wrote: Just finished a lovely 3 years at uni Matt!
you will still be p155ed then.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

PlainmoorRoar wrote: Just finished a lovely 3 years at uni Matt!
I was going to mock you for not knowing the difference between 'editions' and 'additions', but since I've just offered an opinion contrary to yours on another thread, it might look a bit like bullying if I do, so I'm going simply to congratulate you on coming out of a degree course without having died of boredom.

Matt.

What did you study?
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

ferrarilover wrote: I was going to mock you for not knowing the difference between 'editions' and 'additions', but since I've just offered an opinion contrary to yours on another thread, it might look a bit like bullying if I do, so I'm going simply to congratulate you on coming out of a degree course without having died of boredom.

Matt.

What did you study?
Believe i may have fallen victim to the joyous iphone autocorrect on the 'editions' and 'additions'.

Just read your reply on the other thread, very valid points.

I'll have to rethink some ideas, or anyone got saturdays lotto numbers?
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

World's fattest man, Jon Parkin has been released by Fleetwood. Alright, he'd have been on about £400,000/week (because Fleetwood) but if we could tempt him down here with some family packs of Monster Munch or something, would we want him?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Could talk to our local branch of Maccy D's and see if they'll sponsor part of his wages. :)
Formerly known as forevertufc
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

ferrarilover wrote:World's fattest man, Jon Parkin has been released by Fleetwood. Alright, he'd have been on about £400,000/week (because Fleetwood) but if we could tempt him down here with some family packs of Monster Munch or something, would we want him?

Matt.
Yes
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

ferrarilover wrote:World's fattest man, Jon Parkin has been released by Fleetwood. Alright, he'd have been on about £400,000/week (because Fleetwood) but if we could tempt him down here with some family packs of Monster Munch or something, would we want him?

Matt.
No thanks.

Over-rated.
Over-paid.
Overweight.
Mattpuma
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by Mattpuma »

He made the goal that beat us at Plainmoor with a touch of class. Gotta be better than Hawley and Benyon!
Tust member 191
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Mattpuma wrote:He made the goal that beat us at Plainmoor with a touch of class. Gotta be better than Hawley and Benyon!
would have been on a fair wack at Fleetwood, think we need to be looking at younger players who can develop with us,

No doubt he's experieced, if we had him instead of both Hawley and Benyon id be pleased, on a 1 year deal though!
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Lampard is looking for a new club after 13 years at Chelsea. I think he could still do a job for us next year if we could agree terms. ;-)
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Craig Stanley has just confirmed on twitter that he is leaving Aldershot. Would anyone be interested in him?
yeovilgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by yeovilgull »

According to the Herald, we are interested in a promising non league striker and may be looking at paying a fee for him.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

hector wrote:Craig Stanley has just confirmed on twitter that he is leaving Aldershot. Would anyone be interested in him?
I would love to see Craig Stanley back at Plainmoor ....... IF he played as he did when he was on loan. But it's a very big IF as he wasn't rated by the Gas fans when he was at Bristol. Not sure how he did at Aldershot last season - he missed half the season cos he suffered a broken leg in a pre-match friendly.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

I'd have him back as long as he was allowed the relatively attacking role he had last time. One thing I liked about him was that he won the ball and then straight away turned around with it and drove forward. In a midfield three, it works well because he can then lay it off to a more attacking player like Eunan, but in a two man midfield, he doesn't have that chance because the player next to him would probably be the more defensive option. You then end up having no good passers on the pitch creating not very much.

So I suppose it depends how we intend to set up next year.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

AsI live not too far away I wached Aldershot several times last season and Craig Stanley was no way the player he was when in a Torquay shirt. I would forget him as a possibility.