Retained list

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

nickbrod wrote:According to another forum the following have been released:
Downes, Pearce, Harding, Gueguen, Cruise to join the others who have already gone.
Bit gutted about downes
Lucy
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Loved Downes's heart and he I am convinced no-one cared more than him over the last few years and for this I have massive respect for him but I am not shocked CH has released him. Unfortunately he is too error prone and he has cost us a lot of points because of this.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

3 weeks ago i wouldn't have been bothered about Harding going but he's actually started to show some form. May have been useful next year, could be finance.

the others I'm happy about.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Royal - is Ricey fixed up? Big heart and hope he finds a decent career (be it in or out of football)
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Detail now on OS
TUST number 080
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

According to the HE, Harding and Gueguen haven't been released. Hargreaves is waiting to learn the budget before deciding if he can offer those two new deals, along with McQuilken, Yeoman and Dawson.

Downes, Pearce, Cameron, Cruise and Parcell have all gone.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Even better news, i agree 100% with that list to be honest. Telling that our first choice back 5 in August have all gone.

As for Ricey I don't think he's got anything lined up immediately but I know he wanted to go whether he was offered anything or not. Wants and needs a fresh start to be honest.
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

Interesting comments from Hargreaves on .com. Can't really argue with his evaluation of the outgoing players. Only one I'm slightly disappointed by is Downes but he has made mistakes this season and been on a decent wage. I suppose head must rule over heart. Hargreaves has also confirmed there's interest in Ajala so I don't expect him to be here in August.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Can't say the departures contain any surprises and of course there could be more. CH's reasoning and analysis on each player is interesting and refreshingly honest.
Can't be much fun for those players waiting in limbo for their decision unless they get an offer from elsewhere.
SWgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by SWgull »

Disappointed about Downes, loved his commitment and should have been skipper this year.
Good luck Aaron.
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

SWgull wrote:Disappointed about Downes, loved his commitment and should have been skipper this year.
Good luck Aaron.
Totally agree SW!! Passion has been there for all to see and I honestly do believe that if CH had let him have the arm band we would have seen his natural leadership side come out more than we did.

He'll bag himself another club easily enough anyway. I keep having to remind myself every time I see him that despite looking about 86, he is still only 26, plenty of years left in him!!!
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

tufc si wrote: Totally agree SW!! Passion has been there for all to see and I honestly do believe that if CH had let him have the arm band we would have seen his natural leadership side come out more than we did.

He'll bag himself another club easily enough anyway. I keep having to remind myself every time I see him that despite looking about 86, he is still only 26, plenty of years left in him!!!
Think you'll find Downes is 30 in a few week's time.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Like all others no surprises, plenty of honesty in there, and that's all anyone wants.
Formerly known as forevertufc
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

nickbrod wrote: Think you'll find Downes is 30 in a few week's time.
Blimey, not sure where I dreamt up 26 from then :Oops:

Probably my most favourite player on the 'got rid' list though
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

Sorry to see Downes leave for the passion he showed and the leadership he has, although he has in the last two years made a significant number of mistakes.

Pearce and Cameron, although not sad to see them leave, I am more annoyed by the fact they have ability to play at league 1/2 level but haven't shown it. Pearce was good last season but clearly wasn't up for it this year and Cameron has only been decent in flashes.

Tonge, Benyon and Cruise are not surprises.

I wish Rice the best, hope he can sort out something similar to what he had at Truro.

I also feel for Parcell - by the sounds of it he has potential but we cannot afford to wait, which is a shame for both him and us.

I hope the takeover gets sorted quickly to CH can begin making plans when he knows the budgets