Cox Resigns

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Took them 2 hours to come up with that statement.....LOL
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

They pretty much copied my statement word for word.

Cheeky bastards - I want some money if I'm going to be responsible for your communications....

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
eddyh
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by eddyh »

And we all thought the last lot had no idea about customer relations!! Don't worry, on Monday we will have plenty of soundbites from our DoF / Manager.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

On Monday Paul Cox will break his silence and we will, hopefully, find out exactly what has happened.

A breakdown in relationships between DOF and, now, ex-manager perhaps?

STIP
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

How do they expect people to come through the gates to support the club when they don't even have the decency as FANS to even explain what the hell is going on with OUR Football club to us all. RIP TUFC

Edit: why is it I have this strange suspicion that this is probably what Dean Edwards has wanted all along? Just a big game for him, and probably a pay rise.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Alternative statement from Board of Directors:

Dear mugs, sorry, loyal fans,

We can confirm to you that Paul Cox has left the club - though you all knew this ages ago, we decided to have a meeting to discuss what we were going to tell you, and we've come up with the best we can. We are immensly proud of this statement as we see it as a sign to you that we are willing to communicate with our fans as openly and honestly as we can.

What we can tell you is that Paul Cox has left for personal reasons. We hope this helps and goes some way to making you all feel better. If it doesn't, well tough shit because this is the best we have managed to come up with. After all, we've only had half a day to think this up. Anybody would think we were successful businessmen and women for **** sake.

We appreciate that there have been many stories coming out of the LWS offices in recent days, many of them contradictory. For this, we make no apology as we genuinely have no **** clue what we are doing anyway.

That said, we still need your money, so please keep coming through the gates and spending your hard earned cash on TUFC, in order that we can continue to piss it up the wall, paying off ex managers, ex employees and fighting off court fines.

You can rest assured that our best interests are in keeping Torquay alive and in the conference.

Warmest regards,

The TUFC Board.

STIP
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Just when I thought I could not get anymore depressed along comes THAT statement. Disillusioned is not strong enough. New regime - same joke of a club.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Very clear Scott, much clearer than the bland rubbish from the Board.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Two days ago Paul Cox is genuinely bullish about what he's trying to achieve here and up for the fight, now he's resigned due to 'personal reasons' 24 hours after meeting with the board to discuss off field matters.

Hilarious. Of course it's personal reasons and nothing to do with said meeting.
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

Pathetic statement. I was waiting for something useful so that we could get an idea of what the hell has been going on of late. I should have known better. The new board made a big deal when they took over of communicating better with the fans, well we can see the results of that promise can't we?
DaveysBarTab
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: none right now

Post by DaveysBarTab »

This is what happens when you have morons in positions of power.

Although it could be said there may of not been a club for us to watch, it still left us with a shambolic hierarchy.
Greatful to some of those for at least trying but it just smacked of disaster from the start, I was surprised Paul Cox even came here. Some false promises must of pulled that off.

Anyway the club was never going to tell us the truth or anything interesting for legal reasons.

What qualifies Edwards as a DOF let alone helping ramshaw put the team out? embarrassing - couldn't even do a half decent job as commercial manager.
Ramshaw will surely be off soon, and would be risky keeping as manager as we need someone who will keep us up.

Martin Ling is my shout.... if hes in the right place, he could drum up team spirit and can put sides together on small(or in our case, INVISIBLE budget. He may just fancy it and could be cheap

I PREDICT THEA BRISTOW to bail us out!
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

DaveyBT I had that exact bet with my other half Last week when everything seemed to turn sour and said Thea will not let the club die and will bail us out.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Gulliball wrote:Fans are not stupid. "Personal reasons" is a kop out and will only serve to alienate our already exhausted fanbase. The new owners made a huge financial decision to appoint Paul Cox and pay for two managers and two assistants whilst cutting back in every other area.

He was appointed for the "long haul" and has left after 10 games. Four directors have also left, only months after getting involved. Some honesty is needed to either reassure fans or let them know how near to the brink we are.

A Director of football as well how can a club at this level survive with this many non-playing staff.
sevilla66
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Martin Rice

Post by sevilla66 »

I totally agree with the criticism of Dean Edwards -it would not be beyond the bounds of possibility that the directors who have recently departed the scene also concur and no doubt have their own views on his capacity to secure the long term survival of the club. There are many who would argue it is imperative now that he is removed from his position as a matter of urgency
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

do you think Dean Edwards signed this chap, and didn't give Cox the opportunity to make signings? abit like Colin Lee did?
The gulls are going up