Design Next Season's Kit

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

LesLawrencesAfro wrote:Image[/url][/img]

Bored at work (again!) so played about with this idea... it's a mixture of 'old' and 'new'.

I quite like our current kit, but I also like the 'retro' flash, a collar and, more importantly to us old gits, our old club badge which is much 'classier' than our 'motorola' rip off.

A few comments have been made in the past about wearing blue shorts and white socks with the current kit, hence the option above.

Looks smart. A little busy though. I reckon the yellow section would look better all the same shade.

Good work though.
Chris B
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Chris B »

Screenshot_2016-02-07-21-07-16-1-1-1.png
This is a design by a fellow Gull, which I think is pretty smart. Personally a big fan of the old badge and think blue shorts are a must.
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

I quite like that Chris, I'd buy it, like the shorts too - understated and look decent with the badge.
goodluckgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by goodluckgull »

Whilst I agree yellow shirt with blue shorts looks good, I can see that an all yellow kit and a all dark coloured kit is a more practical solution to the rules that opposing teams must be clearly different in their kits. Otherwise, the Torquay players could end up having to change blue shorts for white ones ( not smart ). Designing the new Kit has to satisfy both the players needs and be appealing to the fans who are most likely to buy a replica shirt. I can understand why the players do not like collars ( too hot in summer and could be annoying ). From my observations it appears that more shirts are brought by fans under 45, but I could be totally wrong about that.
I do like the idea of something original and inspired by local scenery, but I guess that it wouldn't sell as well as more traditional design. Would a palm tree on the front of the Torquay shirt be so very wrong ??l
LesLawrencesAfro
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by LesLawrencesAfro »

goodluckgull wrote:Whilst I agree yellow shirt with blue shorts looks good, I can see that an all yellow kit and a all dark coloured kit is a more practical solution to the rules that opposing teams must be clearly different in their kits. Otherwise, the Torquay players could end up having to change blue shorts for white ones ( not smart ). Designing the new Kit has to satisfy both the players needs and be appealing to the fans who are most likely to buy a replica shirt. I can understand why the players do not like collars ( too hot in summer and could be annoying ). From my observations it appears that more shirts are brought by fans under 45, but I could be totally wrong about that.
I do like the idea of something original and inspired by local scenery, but I guess that it wouldn't sell as well as more traditional design. Would a palm tree on the front of the Torquay shirt be so very wrong ??l

The way I see it, goodluckgull, is that the design is for our HOME kit... in which case the opposition would have to change their kit, not us.

... in answer to your question re the palm tree.... err.. yes!

:lol:
goodluckgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by goodluckgull »

True it is the HOME kit, but the players like to wear the Yellow kit for as many away games as possible as well.
LesLawrencesAfro
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by LesLawrencesAfro »

ok, more boredom time at work.... so my alternative take on the home kit (keeping the blue shorts/white socks).... an alternative 'all yellow' home (or away) kit.... and an alternative away kit which can be mix/matched with blue/yellow shorts/socks dependant on opposition colours.
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

goodluckgull wrote:Would a palm tree on the front of the Torquay shirt be so very wrong ??l
Replace the logo with this?
Parkys People
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Darren Moore

Post by Parkys People »

https://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl= ... MwhUKC0wLQ

This Don O'Riordan 1993/1994, Preston North End play off season kit is special for me. I loved the kit & the team. For nostalgic reasons (and it was a nice kit) I'd be chuffed to see the team wear this again.

Kevin Hodges, Scott Colcombe, Tom Kelly, Don O'Riordan, Darren Moore, Chris Curran, Nick Burton, Paul Trollope, Paul Buckle, Adrian Foster, Mark Sale, Duane Darby, Chima Okorie, Gregory Goodridge, Ian Hathaway.

If anyone could give it a go, I'd appreciate it.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

LesLawrencesAfro wrote:Image

ok, more boredom time at work.... so my alternative take on the home kit (keeping the blue shorts/white socks).... an alternative 'all yellow' home (or away) kit.... and an alternative away kit which can be mix/matched with blue/yellow shorts/socks dependant on opposition colours.
The middle one is spot on. Definitely my favourite so far.
sashor1
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: rodney jack

Post by sashor1 »

Image Heres a design i submitted, I went back to the darker navy blue of the mid to late 90s.
the design incorporates the gulls from the badge in a retro style pattern, and the colour palette works across the home away and third kit
samuel
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: colin bettany

Post by samuel »

God help us - Tour de France comes to mind.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

I do like the 3nd and 3rd kits but i no way do I want to see any white in the home kit unless it is the socks with yellow shirt and blue shorts. Could you redisign that one with a bright blue shorts and pattern and trim instead of white, that would be different and maybe quite good.

Didnt get to do my own in the end, couldnt get a decent photoshop or get to grips with it. gutted.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
sashor1
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: rodney jack

Post by sashor1 »

something like this?

chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Really nice! Blue tops on the socks or white socks with blue and yellow tops and we have a winner. I really like that. :clap: :-D
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).