Dan Lavercombe out

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

torq2u wrote: Hence my original statement of fact, and not trying to be funny. I have been an advocate of Dan for the past year, but he was back at the club last Tuesday helping Moore to warm up (wasted as a ball boy). I really don't go for dropping an outfield loanee - we simply can't afford to IMHO.

Your truly, A N Otheroldgit
That makes sense now. I misinterpreted your post (reference to ballboy). My blood pressure is back to normal again now ! :-D
markypoos77
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by markypoos77 »

FT 2-0
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

markypoos77 wrote:FT 2-0
Quite what that has to do with this thread I don't know. But please nicho when we are assured safety, play lavercombe against guiesley so we can send him off to Wigan as an appreciation of what he has done and achieved.he is a Torquay lad and fan after all.
Lucy
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Dan could have played in goal last night and we'd have won 2-0 to be honest.

First look at Moore, throw back to an old English goalkeeper and typical American! confident and came for every single cross into our box and took the pressure off the team. Didn't have any saves to make of note, kicks well but needs to work on his handling a bit. It's all well and good coming for those crosses and he read the game superbly but need to be taking them clean, he got every one of them at the 2nd attempt and one had to be hacked off the line which he didn't deal with brilliantly. I like him though, he'll have a decent career in the game methinks.
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

If lavercombe had made the errors that Moore has in the last couple games he would have been slaughtered by some on here. Especially last night where he palmed a cross in the air behind him, and a combination of a rubbish header and quick thinking by butler cleared it from off the line.

Not that I don't think Moore is decent. Hoping if he gets released from fleetwood we may have a bit of a chance of signing him as number 1 to be honest.
markypoos77
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by markypoos77 »

lucy6lucy wrote: Quite what that has to do with this thread I don't know. But please nicho when we are assured safety, play lavercombe against guiesley so we can send him off to Wigan as an appreciation of what he has done and achieved.he is a Torquay lad and fan after all.
sorry, was meant to be in a matchday thread - just got excited with the 3 points and didnt check before posting :)