Next Years Squad

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

If that experienced striker who had already visited the club is Scott Rendell, it would be one hell of a front line. #goals
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Across the Bey wrote:Reports that Moore is talking to a MLS side aren't suprising. MLS or Conference National...you decide. Could depend on whether he starts regularly though and Nico can offer him that.
MLS is a far superior league to Conference National - the level is way higher, despite what you might read on the internet from people who have never seen the former. It's improving every year but it's probably at about mid-Championship level right now. Mor can probably get a decent deal there because the league is intent upon signing more American players. With his experience he'd probably be able to get a deal worth $70-$80k as year (say 50k UK), which, when you consider he'd be 'home' probably has some value. Plus he's more likely to get back on the radar of the US national team playing there vs the conference (whether or not he'd good enough I don't know, but the US team is cycling out their keepers and the back ups are already late 20s/early 30s).

He's actually from Atlanta, too, which is interesting because they have an MLS side starting next year.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Markh84
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Brendan Moore

Post by Markh84 »

Magpiegull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Magpiegull »

Verma agrees to stay for another season as well.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Gulliball »

3 more to hear about then, and today is the deadline...
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Pleased about Verma, a real utility man given that last season he played up front, everywhere across the midfield and at right back. I dare say in moments of dire need he could fill in at Centre back and do a better job than Richards did.

Who are we waiting on then? Butler, Richards and Harrad? Is it taken that Berry is sorted, even though he's not technically been reported as signed?
northlondongull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by northlondongull »

[quote="Jeff"]Pleased about Verma, a real utility man given that last season he played up front, everywhere across the midfield and at right back. I dare say in moments of dire need he could fill in at Centre back and do a better job than Richards did.
quote]

Great stuff - by my reckoning he could play in any position. Last year he played as a forward, central midfielder, wide midfielder and right back. With a thin squad a willing versatile player is a serious asset.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Very pleased, I think he is technically good and will benefit from a full pre season with KN
TUST number 080
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

Jeff wrote: Who are we waiting on then? Butler, Richards and Harrad? Is it taken that Berry is sorted, even though he's not technically been reported as signed?
Of those left, Dan Butler has got to be the most important signing. I'm really not to bothered about Richards - no matter how hard he may try, his form wavers so much. Harrad would be useful but will probably be expensive - after all he's got at least 2 classy motors to maintain :)

Anyway, some key signings so far and the nucleus of a strong team which Nicho will shape into a successful side.
TUST member 200 ;-)
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Agree, Bulter would be the icing on the cake with regards to last seasons players.

If we were lucky enough to also sign Moor, that would be the cherry on top!
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
BobBobBob
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Courtney Richards

Post by BobBobBob »

Young, MacDonald, Blissett and Verma. That is fantastic.

I'd like for Courtney Richards to stay. Assuming we can get him, Butler and Harrad to stay on, we would be in need of a central defender, a goalkeeper, a winger or two, and a backup striker. Hopefully there is enough money for all that.
northlondongull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by northlondongull »

In the Herald Express podcast they seemed optimistic re: Richards and Moore but less so re: Butler and Harrad.

I think it is good that Nicho seems to be ensuring that his players stick to an offer deadline; "here is the offer, let me know by Friday or I will pursue other targets". He needs to ensure that he has ample time to put a squad together. I cannot count the number of times that we have gone into a pre season with few contracted players hoping for some useful trialists!
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Gulliball »

It's disappointing not to hear news on the other players. The deadline is now passed so we'll probably hear something one way or the other quite soon.

Butler would be a big loss, but I think the others could be replaced if they do chose to move on.

At least we do have a quality spine in place to build from and it sounds like we might have a few new signings soon.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Think we'd all agree on Butler, however, as for the rest not bothered at all, with Blisset, MacDonald and Young already signed on with Lathrope joining, things are looking pretty decent.
Formerly known as forevertufc
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

Hope Lathrope can get fit and stay fit. Can see him doing a Racchi-Richards job well for us.

Still no word about Butler. No news is good news, isn't it? I mean, we haven't heard he's been snapped up by anyone. So I'm still prayingly / fingers-crossedly /optimistically hoping Kev can get him to see the light.

You know it makes sense, Dan.
TUST member 200 ;-)