New Owners - Soon?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Yes maybe.

There again maybe not.

Why would the Board be using the word 'sell' when clearly this is not a sale
Why have a period of 16 days due diligence to go through the accounts when these two are already the bank.
Why not name the supposed purchasers when if it is GI they already get the club automatically six weeks later.
How under FA rules can Paul Masters part own one club and be running another
If the Midlanders have withdrawn why has that been hidden from fans
Why would a Board who invested their own money to save a club take part in a plan to give it away..
I'm probably stupid but to me at least it just doesn't add up
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Richinns wrote: Playing devils advocate here (as I am reading between the lines without knowing this to be true ) but perhaps the club can no longer afford to carry on without defaulting to GI and perhaps GI and Masters are very cosy as they have a common interest which is the land Plainmoor sits on.

Perhaps the future of the club now lies in Torbay Councils hands and the worse the tenants performance the easier it will be for an unpopular decision (in our eyes) to be made.
Don't leave Truro's new ground development out of your thinking.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

The board are just tarting it up and making it out to be something which it plainly isn't. WE ARE FECKED
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Until the takeover is done, and we then slate Phillips for selling us to A,B or G and I. At the moment I wonder why he refers us to keyboard wankers.
Lucy
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

lucy6lucy wrote:Until the takeover is done, and we then slate Phillips for selling us to A,B or G and I. At the moment I wonder why he refers us to keyboard wankers.
Hmm, to begin with today I didn't think it was GI/Masters, but I now think it may be. The club may not be able to say who it is, but they should be able to say who it isn't. Keyboard Wankers or not, assuming they are or become aware of the negative reaction to this statement, if it isn't GI/Masters, they need to come out and say it's not.

The only thing that makes me think it might not be is that I can't see what due diligence needs to be done by GI if the club is coming their way anyway?
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Dazza »

The HE will be key here. The Board may not be able to say anything but the newspaper can't expect to sell any papers unless they can keep people informed. Tomorrow I think we will be able to judge ..

I still have my doubts about the GI rumour even though two out of three of fans sites are now selling that ..

The words 'sell' and 'pleased' just to me don't seem to work re that GI situation.
S4fedr1ve
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Andy Donnelly

Post by S4fedr1ve »

Why cant people just wait and see.Maybe it is GI nobody here knows. Maybe we are stuffed if it is them or maybe we wont be.One things for sure this club has to be sold or else we will be stuffed.Nothing anybody says or worries about here is going to make a blind bit of difference.
Soupdragon
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Woods

Post by Soupdragon »

Dazza wrote:The HE will be key here. The Board may not be able to say anything but the newspaper can't expect to sell any papers unless they can keep people informed.
The HE has not kept people 'informed' for a good long time now. People don't buy it for news ... in fact, they barely buy it at all now.

And if the club legally can't tell us anything, then it can't tell the HE anything, either.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

lucy6lucy wrote: Unless SG, roadrunner can confirm. The truth is no one knows who is taking over. Why would GI take the club over, when it's theirs for free at the end of January?. If Norman from port vale allegedly can't because of his interests at port vale, then how can masters at Truro. I appreciate the nervousness, but the negativity from today's announcement (and we have slated the board for being quiet) is a tad unfair.
I did. I truly believe we've taken a turn down a dead end road with this deal.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Negativity? - Your nuts. Is this the same GI/Masters that Phillips claimed he was having nothing to do with.

Did the "Canadians" and "Midlands Consortium" ever exist in the first place?

Phillips is clearly a nice bloke but he is out of his depth as the custodian of the club because he has made a right royal **** up of everything.

Smurthwaite (what a shame he didn't offload Port Vale) clearly cannot buy the club. Masters can if he offloads Truro to his son which it seems he might have already done.

Tully as a manager doesn't seem like a positive step either. If he can get time off from rearing his fathers pigs and thumbing through his massive contacts book extending from Truro to Exeter we should be alright and Masters senior might even be able to bring along his coach (presuming he can find a driver for it)

We are dead already and have been since Breed/Edwards/Phillips and co appeared on the scene so the impending changes won't make any difference.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

brucie wrote: Smurthwaite (what a shame he didn't offload Port Vale) clearly cannot buy the club. Masters can if he offloads Truro to his son which it seems he might have already done.
So why can't Smurthwaite do the same or something similar?

There's nothing to stop him "investing" is there as long as he isn't the owner? Doesn't the owner of Eastleigh have a stake in Oxford?
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

It might not be GI!
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

arcadia wrote:It might not be GI!
Yet it is.......
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Tarrboy1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Tarrboy1 »

It might be. It might not be.
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

brucie wrote:If he can get time off from rearing his fathers pigs...
I thought it was beef?