Gaming International have taken our club hostage

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

TUST_Member_Rob wrote: He can call fans keyboard wankers all he likes but Phillips is the wanker

He is so determined to get his investment back it will be the end of the club

Supporter? You must be mad hes so blinded by greed and his ego he cant see the wood for the trees
It certainly put off one potential buyer that I know of. Some have said why shouldn't he get it back, well I say that is a small price for him to pay for the right royal cock ups he's presided over.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

This is going to be a long hour until 2pm.

Surely the National league officials must be questioning what the hell is going on?!

Nicho and the players haven't got a chance with this going on behind the scenes.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I know I have said it before BUT to my knowledge the Board have never advertised the Club For Sale in a National Newspaper.

The buyer is out there somewhere but my view is the nation does not know the Club is on the market.

Am I wrong??

This Board do not appear to have any idea how to sell the Club but given our history someone has the money to invest but do they know we are on the market?

It is crunch time and the Board need some good advice because they appear to be up the creek without a paddle.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

still keeping the faith
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Southampton Gull wrote: It certainly put off one potential buyer that I know of. Some have said why shouldn't he get it back, well I say that is a small price for him to pay for the right royal cock ups he's presided over.
No, he shouldn't expect to get his money back. When you invest money, whether it is in shares, the bookies or the lottery, you are gambling with that money with the hope of seeing a return. If the gamble doesn't come off you have to accept that, that's life.
Philips, as a bookmaker, has been taking money off mugs for years, now he has to face the reality of being on the other side of the counter.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Plainmoor78 wrote:No, he shouldn't expect to get his money back. When you invest money, whether it is in shares, the bookies or the lottery, you are gambling with that money with the hope of seeing a return. If the gamble doesn't come off you have to accept that, that's life.
Philips, as a bookmaker, has been taking money off mugs for years, now he has to face the reality of being on the other side of the counter.
On the other hand...when you invest you're allowed to decide when to cash out or if you have the will to see it all the way to the bottom. I don't know the situation with Phillips, how much he's 'invested' etc, but it is his right as an investor to try to get his money back, on the understanding that he could see the club all the way to the wall and get nothing.

I mean - if Phillips has decided that he'd rather the club go out of business than him losing his money (and ive no idea how much it is) that is, unfortunately, his right. He's put money down that we haven't. If we were in his position we might well wave goodbye to the money in order to help the club.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Scorpion
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Danny Stevens

Post by Scorpion »

Fair point.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

wasn't there supposed to be an announcement today on who the new bidders were ?
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Happytorq, he invested £40k, the other two directors invested £30k each.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Plainmoor78 wrote:Happytorq, he invested £40k, the other two directors invested £30k each.
Ah, some actual figures. Wasn't aware of the amount. Thanks.

So, not an insignificant sum, but still, hardly his entire savings (I mean, hopefully; that'd be a mug's move)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

come on. we need some news
still keeping the faith
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Administration is unthinkable (10 point deduction?) and there is no good reason why it should come to that. A straight takeover, whether by GI or Peter Masters or somebody else or a combination, would be the most beneficial for all, or would at least save the club. I find it difficult to believe that intransigence by the current board/chairman for petty personal financial reasons would put an end to everything. However, talking of investment in and indebtedness by the club, Masters and GI are not the club's biggest creditors. The club's biggest creditor, by a long long way, is Thea Bristow. If the club are saying that ownership would go to GI if their debt is not paid by 31 January, shouldn't Thea Bristow have something to say about that? Time for her, in the light of experience, to come in with handbag blazing and sort them all out...
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

How I'd love to be a fly on the wall now!!!
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Plainmoor78 »

There were enquires from as far away as Canada and the midlands. There is probably some sort of grapevine for the buying and selling of football clubs. Anyway it has been on the bbc website for months that the club was up for sale.
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

Small Ads of WSC? :whistle: