What is required

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

[quote="Scott Brehaut" post_id=224183 time=1523483874 user_id=112]
There’s more chance of my [glow=red]wife growing a pair of bollocks without any medical intervention,[/glow] then there is of us staying up.

We’ve pretty much been down since the first game of the season.
You mean she hasn't already :lol: :lol:
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Scott Brehaut wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 22:57 There’s more chance of my wife growing a pair of bollocks without any medical intervention, then there is of us staying up.

We’ve pretty much been down since the first game of the season.
you're probably right there Scotty....

But they would compliment her six fingers that she has on each hand and her webbed feet nicely......
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

OK this is it, after the despair of the last two results... I am posting today with full belief Positive energy synergy and all that, I do not like being a negative nelly!!!Got to believe it is still possible......... Healey back from suspension Halifax are there for the taking last 4 games we win end up on 49 points just enough to stay up...They all went go-karting yesterday so team spirit will be great and maybe the defense will know who there teammates are!
Say we are staying up say we are staying up........
Rooftop7

Post by Rooftop7 »

Minneapolisgull wrote: 12 Apr 2018, 20:56 OK this is it, after the despair of the last two results... I am posting today with full belief Positive energy synergy and all that, I do not like being a negative nelly!!!Got to believe it is still possible......... Healey back from suspension Halifax are there for the taking last 4 games we win end up on 49 points just enough to stay up...They all went go-karting yesterday so team spirit will be great and maybe the defense will know who there teammates are!
You are an optimist,Shergar to win the National!
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Rooftop7 wrote: 12 Apr 2018, 21:04 You are an optimist,Shergar to win the National!
We are more likely to escape relegation than Clarke Osborne attending a match at plainmoor .
Lucy
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 12 Apr 2018, 09:43 you're probably right there Scotty....

But they would compliment her six fingers that she has on each hand and her webbed feet nicely......
You always seem to get my wife and your mother mixed up Supes....

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Minneapolisgull wrote: 12 Apr 2018, 20:56 OK this is it, after the despair of the last two results... I am posting today with full belief Positive energy synergy and all that, I do not like being a negative nelly!!!Got to believe it is still possible......... Healey back from suspension Halifax are there for the taking last 4 games we win end up on 49 points just enough to stay up...They all went go-karting yesterday so team spirit will be great and maybe the defense will know who there teammates are!
I'll have a pint of whatever he's on, please.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

I'll second that ...if it is drink anyhow
View1
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by View1 »

So tomorrow could be the day our fate is sealed, almost a relief to be put out of our misery.

My son is due to be mascot on the final game of the season, at least the family wont have to queue for tickets!
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

So now we can only catch Barrow & Woking and need to overtake them both.

If we win our last three games that takes us to 49 points.
Woking would need to beat both Guiseley (away) and Dover (home) which they may well struggle to do – a lot will depend on whether Dover need points in the last game.
Barrow would need 5 points from Guiseley, Aldershot & Bromley away, then Chester home.

It could go to the last day but even if Woking lose we’d very probably be relying on Chester not to lose at Barrow.
I’m not sure if I’d rather the fight went on or just to lose to Hartlepool or Guiseley and get it over with.
(strange that Guisely could determine who goes down as all three teams play them).
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Trouble is when Guisley play Woking next saturday it will be their 4th game in a week as they play tuesday
and thursday like Halifax have just done
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

desperado wrote: 14 Apr 2018, 21:21 Trouble is when Guisley play Woking next saturday it will be their 4th game in a week as they play tuesday
and thursday like Halifax have just done
It's Tuesday at home to Barrow that we really need Guiseley to win.
Woking would need 4 points if we win our 3 games and their last game v Dover has to be our main hope they won't get them - but that may well be dependent on whether Dover need to win to get in the play offs.
If Barrow win at Guiseley on Tuesday then with them still having to play at home to Chester I think any hope we still have would be pretty much extinguished.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

Being realistic, I really cannot see us wining all our remaining games, I don’t see Barrow losing to Chester and Guisley. Maybe one of them. If they’re going to lose its going to be against Aldershot. Which I think will happen as Aldershot are fighting for play offs. Also I think they’ll have to lose to Bromley. Which also could happen.

Woking Have Guisley then Dover, which I don’t thjnk they’ll beat Dover, As Dover will be fighting for play offs. If they beat Guisley and lose to Aldershot, then we go on and win our remaining games, we will still be relagated. On goal difference. Do I really see Guisley beating Woking and Barrow? No. Therefore our fate is sealed.

I can see them getting at least 6 points out of their remaining games.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Possibly but sometimes the games that seem easiest can bite you on the arse

Clear that we need barrow to either lose or minimum draw on Tuesday. They lose Tuesday then Saturday could get interesting.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 14 Apr 2018, 22:38 Possibly but sometimes the games that seem easiest can bite you on the arse

Clear that we need barrow to either lose or minimum draw on Tuesday. They lose Tuesday then Saturday could get interesting.
Once again it's the hope that kills. This bloody club drives you insane
Lucy