Player to bring in (suggestions)

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

Poke
Tonge Downes Pearce Nico?
Bodin Mansell Harding Chappell
Benyon ???

Looks good to me.
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

I think clubs such as ours have to 'gamble' to a degree. Prolific scorers generally aren't kicking their heels without club. Most of those we'd be looking at will be a gamble of some kind - be it regarding age, scoring rate, attitude etc. As alluded to above, in that FA Trophy Final he tore us apart, so there is a player there.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Scott Brehaut wrote:Benners, who IS experienced, has scored one goal every 3(ish) games too.

I'm sure that won't come as a shock to you though Shane - I know you have always rated him.
:-D Would benefit from a big-man to play off of too.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Scott Brehaut wrote:Benners, who IS experienced, has scored one goal every 3(ish) games too.

I'm sure that won't come as a shock to you though Shane - I know you have always rated him.
Agree Scott about Benners but we need a BIG / TALL experienced striker too.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

It wouldn't be hard to see why Knill would have been underwhelmed by Mackenzie following the friendly at Tiverton.
Don't know too much about Pearce but I would definately take him as a straight replacement for Saah. I would also see that as proof that Knill hasn't blown his budget.
Deaman would seem a player in the Angus Macdougall mould - young inexperienced (hasn't played any league football as such) but probably better than the only cover we have.
Deaman was on loan at Cheltenham I think but don't know if he played in the first team at all. He was released by Wrexham when an apprentice as they couldn't afford to pay him.
When Birmingham signed him he allegedly attracted interest form Norwich,Burnley and Celtic.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

IF the Pearce signing comes off then it strikes me that he would be a very useful acquisition. Mind you, I have taken my information from Wikipedia, but it does seem that he has a very strong pedigree.
Great IF it comes off. Now for an equally impressive striker.
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Robiberto22 »

Is Pearce really realistic? Or is it just an educated guess - would be a top player for us no doubt, would be chuffed with that one - just wondering if this is guesswork is all.
ALAN KNILL'S YELLOW ARMY !!! - Oh wait ...
teeboo100
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: alex russell

Post by teeboo100 »

its gonna happen pearse i c the hearld site is already reporting it
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Robiberto22 »

Sweet!
ALAN KNILL'S YELLOW ARMY !!! - Oh wait ...
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

They reckon he could play at Hereford, so sounds pretty legit. Also says Cameron is out with a calf injury, though it doesn't sound to serious
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

And I quite enjoyed the guessing game teeboo, had all the lads at work involved, though none of us got close. Quality signing if this comes off, barrel empty? I think not!
teeboo100
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: alex russell

Post by teeboo100 »

cheers brooker was honestly only meant as a bit of a laugh k p is our man and i personally think its a cracking signing after watching the tivvy game its obvious we need some aggression in our team as personally i think mansell will not get into our side with pearse coming in and if people recall i said we are gonna get a 6 .2 brute what you see is what you get. further more we need a big aggressive forward watch this space people
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

teeboo100 wrote:cheers brooker was honestly only meant as a bit of a laugh k p is our man and i personally think its a cracking signing after watching the tivvy game its obvious we need some aggression in our team as personally i think mansell will not get into our side with pearse coming in and if people recall i said we are gonna get a 6 .2 brute what you see is what you get. further more we need a big aggressive forward watch this space people

If we get Pearce AND then this (highlighted) then the squad is perfection (well for us anyway :~D ).

I'd be absolutely overjoyed at this.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Sunnysideup »

teeboo100 wrote:personally i think mansell will not get into our side with pearse coming in
Does recruiting a defender mean a midfielder wont get in the team? :~D
Apathy Rules...............it's ok though, nobody's that fussed about it........
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

teeboo100 wrote:cheers brooker was honestly only meant as a bit of a laugh k p is our man and i personally think its a cracking signing after watching the tivvy game its obvious we need some aggression in our team as personally i think mansell will not get into our side with pearse coming in and if people recall i said we are gonna get a 6 .2 brute what you see is what you get. further more we need a big aggressive forward watch this space people
Especially if Mr Mozika turns up.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/