Whinge, Moan, Rant And Anything Else Put It Here ...

General chat about anything else goes here.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

ferrarilover wrote:Gets my goat too, Andy. If we are Devonians are the only ones paying for the beaches, then Devonians are the only ones allowed to use them, simple. I'm the only one paying for my house, so I'm the only one who gets to live here, it's a simple concept.
Water rates should be standardised, along with other utilities. It doesn't cost more to pump a gallon of water to me in Dartmoor than it does to pump a gallon of water to Mabel in Newcastle, so why does she pay less? It's bollocks. As for keeping the beaches tidy, who do you think messes them up? It sure as f**k isn't locals. We don't crap where we eat. It's all the f**k ing thick Brummies and Scousers down there for their Summer 'Olidies that make a f**k ing mess. Litter, nappies and dog sh*t seem to be the irritant of choice of all inbred northern monkeys who think Paignton is a holiday destination and curry sauce on chips is exotic.

Matt.
I thought you only moved down here a few years ago?
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Devonian now, I pay the water rates, that gets me gold membership.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

ferrarilover wrote:Devonian now, I pay the water rates, that gets me gold membership.

Matt.
I beg to differ. Once a northerner always a northerner. :na:
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

:rofl: :clap: :bow:

i love this forum, all you guys are great i tells ya. reading you all giving each other $h1t or banter back and forth is much better than the telly (except for doctor who and only fools and horses).
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

ferrarilover wrote:Devonian now, I pay the water rates, that gets me gold membership.

Matt.

ah, you genuine northern scum.............. :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I'm from Hampshire, that's not Northern, got cruel bastards.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

ferrarilover wrote:I'm from Hampshire, that's not Northern, got cruel bastards.

Matt.

Sod off. You're not welcome here either :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

dropped The 'Tache (my son mike) off at Leeds Bradford airport yesterday, and sat within feet of the sign informing motorcyclists that they MUST remove their crash helmets and under helmets whilst in the building was sat a woman (well I assume it was a woman) in full Burkha and VEIL! How can that be right? One law for one group and one for another? I thought discrimination was against the law in Britain? Either remove the veil or leave the building, it's that simple. The sooner we follow the French lead on this issue, the better. :@
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Back to my favourite rant. :@

Went to Cleethorpes with the tribe for an afternoon of different scenery :) . It was heaving (comparatively speaking), loads of people, lots cars driving all around the town, courteously allowing pedestrians to cross the roads at the many crossings the town has :-D .

Noticed two things missing both in the town centre and the seafront road FOOKIN TRAFFIC LIGHTS! NOT ONE IN SIGHT, IT WAS HEAVEN
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Ah, Cleethorpes....(sigh).... Paradise via Happy Valley!

Anyway, back to reality, whingeing, moaning, ranting, and anything else. Well, the bird on her shoulder:
:~D
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

This annoys me, in fact it makes me angry :@ :

The Government's own statistics show that one in four women and one in six men have suffered domestic violence at some point in their lives. This means that nearly half of domestic violence victims are men. And this probably under-estimates the number of male domestic violence victims, since men are less likely to report violence against them because of ridicule and the fact that male victims are routinely ignored and sometimes even arrested as perpetrators of the violence. So men and women are almost certainly equally culpable. Yet all legislation, all official propaganda, and all media attention focuses on female victims. Funding is given to women's refuges and feminist groups, but male victims are ignored as if they don't exist. Oh, they have an advice line!
http://www.theguardian.com/society/2010 ... c-violence

On top of all this, reliable studies, including the Home Office's own figures, show that 40% of accusations of violence and sexual abuse are in fact false allegations made by women against men, again something which feminist groups ignore or deny.
http://www.cotwa.info/

OK I'll stop whingeing now.. :(
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Current whinges:-

Grockles. Wasps. Spiders. Cloudy days in the summer. Emmerdale not recording properly. Children who are allowed to run free by their 'modern' parents. Parents who call their children an exotic sounding name when their kids are ugly. Old people who stop in front of me in Morrisons and block the aisle. Chips that are soggy. Runner beans that are tough and stringy and you have to discreetly spit them out. Meat that's got a hidden tubey bit in it. Drunk blokes who think they are a babe magnet. Snails when you stand on them. Seagulls, except when they're still grey and downy and quite sweet. People being cruel to dogs (cats, wasps and spiders, no probs). Not getting to Plainmoor. School holiday only being 5 weeks and 2 days this year. Ironing. The new road system here. Shop selling out of walnut ice cream.
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

westbaygull wrote:Current whinges:-

Grockles. Wasps. Spiders. Cloudy days in the summer. Emmerdale not recording properly. Children who are allowed to run free by their 'modern' parents. Parents who call their children an exotic sounding name when their kids are ugly. Old people who stop in front of me in Morrisons and block the aisle. Chips that are soggy. Runner beans that are tough and stringy and you have to discreetly spit them out. Meat that's got a hidden tubey bit in it. Drunk blokes who think they are a babe magnet. Snails when you stand on them. Seagulls, except when they're still grey and downy and quite sweet. People being cruel to dogs (cats, wasps and spiders, no probs). Not getting to Plainmoor. School holiday only being 5 weeks and 2 days this year. Ironing. The new road system here. Shop selling out of walnut ice cream.
Heres my reply to the ones in red.

Grockles, without whom 9/10 of Devon/Dorset/Cornwall would be on the dole. Thanks for your appreciation. :-/
Emmerdale? Isn't that Grockle country? :-/
Children running free..........Yeh, I'll go with that, pain in the arse. :(
Exotic names.......Ditto, pain in the arse. :slap:
Old people...annoying but we'll all be there one day. :-/
Drunk blokes.............but I am.............
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

dishonest pr1cks on ebay.

i bought my lad a doctor who series 6 boxset on ebay, saved a few quid on the new price. the listing said like new.

first i opened a case because it hadnt arrived after 10 days. it then turned up 2 days later.

i was already p!ssed off at the amount of time it took but then when i took it out of the crappy envelope it was posted in (£3 for postage) the disc holder and discs is all i got . the actual box to the boxset is missing, no booklet which should be with it either. "like new, like f**king new". i got so mad i kicked our kitchen table and to make it worse hurt my b@st@rd toe.

i have now had to open another case against the same tw'@t, it might sound petty but when you buy something like that the box is important, especially that my son likes to collect such things and all the rest of his boxsets he has kept pristine, pretty good for an 11 year old.

ebay are very good in disputes and pay your refund if things cannot be resolved, but that is beside the point, the t0$$er$ that rip you off deter people from buying on there again.

i wish bad luck, poverty, hayfever, a stubbed toe, a losing football team, high council tax, baldness, wasps, insane itching after a shower, migraine, a heavy cold and various venereal diseases upon them.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

A friend of mine once had a similar situation, except he found out that the guy lived about 5 miles from him, so he offered to drop round and pick it up in person. The guy originally didn't want to do it and then reluctantly agreed. The auction was listed as "Brand New, In Box" and when they met up in a local car park, the guy tried to give him some copied DVDs in a cardboard box. Did he think he wouldn't notice?!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"