Player to bring in (suggestions)

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Warwick
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Sills

Post by Warwick »

ferrarilover wrote: Stockley is nowhere near Championship ready. If Bournemouth get that desperate, they'll sign loan cover.

Matt.
I didn't say he would be part of their championship plans, what I'm saying is until Bournemouth bring in a striker to replace the one who just left, they are less likely to let Stockley go out. So short term it reduces the chances of him coming to us.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Why? Stockley won't play for the first team in the Championship this year. It doesn't matter if they have zero fit strikers, he won't get on the pitch because he isn't ready. Eddie Howe isn't going to say to Knill, "sorry mate, you can't have the boy, I need him to sit in the stands here because we're a striker light".

Matt.
Last edited by ferrarilover on 29 Jul 2013, 22:01, edited 1 time in total.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

forevertufc wrote:As said already, what is wrong with Yeoman and Benyon up front ?
I'm hoping Yeoman becomes the next best thing since Fred Binney. Fred did the business for a host of other clubs AFTER he left Plainmoor. I want Yeoman to do the bizo while he's still AT Plainmoor.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

You only have to look at the calibre of player AK has brought into the club this year in chapell, Cameron, Pearce etc to have faith in him securing the signature of a decent striker. Time will tell, but I'm confident we won't be disappointed.

Craig.
SEgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by SEgull »

Bleeper wrote:You only have to look at the calibre of player AK has brought into the club this year in chapell, Cameron, Pearce etc to have faith in him securing the signature of a decent striker. Time will tell, but I'm confident we won't be disappointed.

Craig.

Spot on. Every time Knill signs a player it increases my confidence in him. Right from the start last season with Labadie and Chappell he seemed patient but able to eventually get him man.
“A football team is like a piano. You need eight men to carry it and three who can play the damn thing.”
SEgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by SEgull »

What would anyone think of Jake Hyde as one of the players being brought in? (I am not saying that he will be, just asking what people would think if he was signed)
“A football team is like a piano. You need eight men to carry it and three who can play the damn thing.”
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

I think Hyde would be a very good signing if we were interested in him. Also looking at the released list on the PFA Website: http://www.thepfa.com/transferlist/list ... 1/-1/-1/1/ some decent players still there on a free.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

I'm sure I saw on 'the football forum' that Wimbledon are in for him, a player plus cash for Hyde. I think he would fit in well here and looking at his goal record from last season, he could do a decent job.
SEgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by SEgull »

[quote="AlexGulls" looking at the released list on the PFA Website: http://www.thepfa.com/transferlist/list ... 1/-1/-1/1/ some decent players still there on a free.[/quote]

...Alan Lee! I'd love to see him back in a Torquay shirt. May be a bit out of our price range now.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Jake Hyde would be an excellent addition but would he not command a fee as he is under contract at Barnet?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Richinns wrote:Jack Hyde would be an excellent addition but would he not command a fee as he is under contract at Barnet?
Likely. I think he handed in a transfer request at Barnet so not sure if he was still under contract or not though.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Richinns wrote:Jack Hyde would be an excellent addition but would he not command a fee as he is under contract at Barnet?
He would indeed, seems Wimbledon have offered a player plus cash for him already according to another forum
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Alan Lee was great for us for the short time he was at Plainmoor but he will be 35 next month. Nevertheless, he was part of Huddersfield's promotion team last season so I'm surprised that he's still without a club. Maybe expecting to be paid too much?
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Eric Odhiambo looking for a club again, I see.

Surprised by the amount of good players still available. Daniel Devine was always a good prospect as a Centre Half. Any chance of a cheeky bid for Simon Church?! Also, a shout-out must go to Matthew Dolan's picture of him seemingly taking an air shot.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Rivo_7
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Rivo_7 »

Am I right in saying that last week when we played the guessing game about the Centre Half did one of the people who knew also say they had the name of a striker we were talking to.....if this was the case can you confirm whether or not we are still talking to them or if we know of anyone we are in negotiations with! :-D :-D