Chorley FC v Torquay United, 23rd November 2019

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I have just watched the highlights and I was surprised how many times we came close to scoring.
Having said that it was very alarming to see how our centre backs allowed Chorley to shoot by backing off.
Most games are close affairs and this was no exception. We just have to keep backing the team because April 25th is a long way off.
Keep the faith.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

portugull wrote: 25 Nov 2019, 15:33 Most games are close affairs and this was no exception. We just have to keep backing the team because April 25th is a long way off.
Keep the faith.
Spot on.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

culmstockgull wrote: 25 Nov 2019, 11:32 Hammdog 2601, saw your posting about Keating, to me it indicates you think his level is conference south, fair enough your opinion is as good as anyone else's, something this forum tends to forget at times. To put the comment in perspective, how did our so called star players and those with league experience do against a team of part timers, really well I hear, and to add to the mix, have you seen the Chorley's injury list, not as bad as ours maybe but they were missing three regular first team players.
Keating is a good bloke, but let’s be real his level is NLS. He works hard, he gives his all. Chorley missing 3 players? We’re missing 7. 4 of them are in the top 5 best players in our team. There’s a difference. The players we have our injured are the ones who change the game, drag us by the scruff of the neck and make things happen.

Buse needs a player like Vincent, Little, Conor next to him to shine and bounce off. Joe Lewis is not a centre midfield. We’re forced to play him there due to injuries.

I have no faith going into tomorrow’s game. I just wish the club would communicate on Reid and Vincent injuries.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

dawlishmatt wrote: 25 Nov 2019, 11:20 Southampton Gull. I realise that "your insults" are not in any way meant to be taken seriously or personally and to be honest, they make me and the Mrs laugh.
Likewise, my insults towards you are meant to be taken as a joke. Unfortunately, sometimes when I react to a negative comment you make about me, I respond via this forum, sometimes forgetting that many hundreds, if not thousands, will read our comments. I know, first hand, how people living with mental illness feel when they are unwell.
Insults don't bother me, dish it out expect it back. I'm a lazy writer so if an insult saves writing a paragraph to explain why your opinion is deluded I'll take it ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

Southampton Gull 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍
Launceston Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Launceston Gull »

We`re all disappointed about Saturday especially as it comes so soon after the Sutton defeat but as they say sh*t happens. There are currently 7 sides above us and bar Yeovil we`ve played them all once already. If you need reminding: Barrow (h) w 4-2,
Bromley (a) d 3-3, Halifax (a) w 4-2, Harrogate (a) w 4-2, Woking (a) d 1-1. Only Solihull l 0-3 handed us our asses. That`s a decent string of results by any measure. My point being that on any given day we can compete with and beat the best that this league has to offer. We can expect to suffer losses along the way probably to the most unlikely of opponents but injuries permitting come the end of April we`ll be in the mix.
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

In all the good results we had plenty of attacking options in the team. Davis has been a vital player for us and links well with Andrews. Not many creative players in last few games. Reid missing was massive too. Meant for an hour Jennah was up on his own. Last season he played regularly and we had very few injuries. He is never going to perform like that especially as he has been injured and he is here to get fit for a return to Bristol. Duku has been very poor and Keating comes on and runs around but doesn't score. It was a very poor performance from us.