Torquay Summer Transfers Thread INs and OUTs

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Poke returning on loan would be fantastic.

I wouldn't mind Nathan Abbey back here either, he was quality before, I thought.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

If Poke was likely to be available on loan I would have expected Buckle to go for him well before making a move for Bevan, so Poke is a non-starter for me.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

royalgull wrote:Looking at available keepers on the list that *might* be interested in coming here

Nathan Abbey
Joe Anyon
Johnny Brain
Simon Brown
Jake Cole
Steve Collis
Lance Cronin
John Danby
Rhys Evans
Owain fon Williams
Shane Higgs
Paul Jones
Alan Julian
Lenny Pidgeley
Jon Stewart

Reasonable list of lower league keepers there, 1 or 2 i wouldn't mind.
Those three stand out to me,who would you have of this list ,Ian.
Formerly known as forevertufc
SDYellow
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: The next scorer

Post by SDYellow »

forevertufc wrote: Those three stand out to me,who would you have of this list ,Ian.
I think those four would be my first choices. Shane Higgs did a good job as Leeds number two. Reckon he would like 1st team somewhere to prove himself. Rhys Evans has the experience and turned heads earl on in his career think with constant games he might be a good shout. I was impressed with Collis for 1 game i saw. Obviously thats not a great position to judge but maybe worth a trial
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

forevertufc wrote: Those three stand out to me,who would you have of this list ,Ian.
I like Jake Cole so would endorse your suggestion, I think Rhys Evans is a decent lower league keeper. Paul Jones has won promotion from this league and has obviously been living down this way and wouldn't be a bad signing. I rated Cronin when he was at Ebbsfleet but he's played 2nd fiddle all season to our mate Jules. On the face of it you'd think Alan Julian could do a good job, I'm not sure given his previous history of Plainmoor that it would be his number 1 destination! he's probably sick of the place!!! Conversely Johnny Brain had a worldie down here and again has done well in this league, wouldn't be a bad shout, I think a league 1 club would probably take Higgs so that would rule him out.

In some sort of order of preference

1. Cole
2. Jones
3. Julian
4. Brain
5. Evans
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Nathan Abbey was a personal favourite of mine. Not sure if it was mentioned already, but what is he up to now? At a club?
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

stevegull wrote:Nathan Abbey was a personal favourite of mine. Not sure if it was mentioned already, but what is he up to now? At a club?
Been out of football since being dismissed for gross misconduct by Kettering in November 2010.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Please can someone change the title of this thread to remove the Ins part?! It is misleading and does not reflect reality.

I think its obvious to anyone that we are going to be playing with seven outfield players next season and no goalkeeper.....
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

We will get one or two :) just needs a whole stack of patience and envy watching other teams sign up the better players!!!
MuzDog
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by MuzDog »

SteveDeckchair wrote:I think its obvious to anyone that we are going to be playing with seven outfield players next season and no goalkeeper.....
I'm sorry to say it, but think you're being a tad negative here. Kenny Veysey can always come out of retirement to stand between the posts. :|
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Has anyone suggested a SG/SNW tag team arrangement?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Yes you're quite right. I am feeling a bit negative today.

Forgot about our keeper coach who has no keepers to coach!! :lol:
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
MuzDog
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by MuzDog »

Jordan Robertson - striker on loan from Sheff Utd in relegation season, played 11 times (inc 5 sub) and scored 4 goals. Anyway just signed one-year deal with Scunny from St Johnstone. He had spell out of game after being jailed for causing death due to dangerous driving.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

Buckle has said he is close to signing a striker, please tell me that it's not zebs??
The gulls are going up
gashead josh

Post by gashead josh »

gullno4 wrote:Buckle has said he is close to signing a striker, please tell me that it's not zebs??
No, apparently Matt Harrold and Cureton are the 2 he's after atm.