Tonight's Games (Tues 27 March)..

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
LeroyTUFC2011
New Signing
New Signing

Post by LeroyTUFC2011 »

The video on the beeb clearly shows Crawley's striker (online from Arsenal) Sanchez Watt (no.10) also throwing punches around.

However he was not red carded for his offence. If a couple of you would like to complain to the FA then use the following link:

http://www.thefa.com/feedback" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This could be critical in getting Torquay promoted if Watt was to face a three match ban. :~D
Bearne1
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Zebra

Post by Bearne1 »

Not sure that link is going to help, imagine it is more a general enquiry email process. Can't think they will take the fans views on board!!
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

Richinns wrote:Crawley club statement is a joke!
http://www.crawleytownfc.com/page/Lates ... 00,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I particularly like the "maintain high values as a family run club" bit!
'Family run club'? What, the bloody Kray family!?
TUST member 203
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

divingbboy wrote: 'Family run club'? What, the bloody Kray family!?
The Sopranos?
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

The scenes after the game are shocking! It looked like Crawley threw the first punch and definitely threw the most punches! They are an absolute disgrace to the football league and I so hope that they get deducted points for that! Of course they won't, but they should.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Have just read the BBC story about the FA investigation. No mention of the possibility of a points deduction. Just an inconsequential fine for the clubs and suspensions for the players.
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

brucie wrote:Come on - Ok Evans might have been on the pitch but can you seriously blame him for the mass punch up. As for intimidation? - well Bradford were playing in front of a home crowd of nigh on ten thousand for christ sake.
One of the Bradford players is now facing a five match ban as its his third red card. Lets face it he is hardly a shrinking violet. Their keeper has run half the length of the pitch to get involved and even the Bradford fans are saying that Oliver punched an oppostion player in the face in the tunnel.
As for Evans saying it was an oustanding victory - well in all fairness it probably was as its put them back in third place.
Sanctions will follow and quite rightly so but Bradford are equally as culpable as Crawley.
Disapointingly Bradford will now face Plymouth on Saturday without both first choice centre halves and goalkeeper.
Quite surprised to read this to be honest, but it is your opinion. I wouldn't let the fat fu**er off the hook as you suggest. It is BECAUSE he encourages his teams to win at any cost that the risk of violent disorder increases. I attach a link to a newspaper report which describes in very clear terms how fatty's behaviour was seen last night. He DOES intimidate the officials, along with Raynor, all through the game. Because of his attitude, his players dive, argue, intimidate and THAT is what wound up the Bradford players and manager. He has form for goodness' sake, lots of it. I have witnessed this awful behaviour four times now, and it saddens me that you see fit to defend him.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/bra ... -1-4391012
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

It now looks like a third Crawley player -McFadzean - is in trouble for violent conduct and that Mills is being cited for offences additional to the ones he was sent off for.

It also seems that Bradford are basically holding up their hands but the more I hear about the Crawley position the more culpable they seem to be for the fracas which erupted after the final whistle.

The FA seem to be taking it very seriously and I would hope that it will be points deductions as well as suspensions and fines. As for Mills -he should face a ban for the rest of the season.

The only good thing to come out of this is that it seems that Crawleys awful attitude to the game and opponents has been well and truly exposed for all to see.

If only the FA would tackle Evans direct and ban him -the horrible man.
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

So if Crawley are to lose Davis, Mills and McFadzean for possibly 3 games each, that's all their centre halves gone in one swoop. And beyond the transfer deadline too.

Excellent..........
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Jeff wrote:So if Crawley are to lose Davis, Mills and McFadzean for possibly 3 games each, that's all their centre halves gone in one swoop. And beyond the transfer deadline too.

Excellent..........
They will just use the emergency loan system though won't they?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Richinns wrote: They will just use the emergency loan system though won't they?
Had a look at the Football League rules (anal I know!). My reading is that only the emergency loan of goalkeepers is permitted after last Thursday. I guess that Fatty and Cheat wouldn't be beyond borrowing an emergency "goalkeeper" who was really a centre half, but I don't think even they would get away with that. I hope all three of them are banned to the end of the season, that would be some sort of justice.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

gullintwoplaces wrote: Had a look at the Football League rules (anal I know!). My reading is that only the emergency loan of goalkeepers is permitted after last Thursday. I guess that Fatty and Cheat wouldn't be beyond borrowing an emergency "goalkeeper" who was really a centre half, but I don't think even they would get away with that. I hope all three of them are banned to the end of the season, that would be some sort of justice.
That's my understanding too, and even then you have to go cap-in-hand to the FA to get dispensation that you need a keeper. So I can't see that getting all your centre halves sent off for violent conduct will get much favour.

I'd imagine they'd recall Wassmer from his loan at Dagenham, and shoe-horn someone else into centre half. They moved Dean Howell in there when we played at their place, so I'd guess they'd do the same again.

Either way, imagine if we lost Ellis, Saah and McDonald all at the same time - its not going to do them any favours.

(As a note, I know that Pablo Mills is perhaps deployed more as a holding midfielder, but he can still play centre back and if you look at the Crawley squad there isn't really anyone else who can drop into centre back)
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Hi Guys
I penned a stiff letter to the FA about this matter in my guise as Bristol Rovers Fan so they can't accuse me of bias as a viable promotion opponant.
I have had a reply from Gary Stonehouse himself who is the FA Customer relations officer, commuications division of the F.A.
I wil copy this up here for you to see in light of what has been written about the subject.

Dear Andrew,

Thank you for contacting The Football Association.

Following the events which occurred at the end of the League Two match between Bradford City and Crawley Town on Tuesday 27 March 2012, The FA has issued the following charges:-

• Both Bradford City and Crawley Town have been charged for failing to ensure that their players and/or officials conducted themselves in an orderly fashion and/or refrained from provocative behaviour. The clubs have until 4pm on 3 April 2012 to respond to the charge.

• Crawley Town’s Pablo Mills has been charged with violent conduct for an on-field incident which occurred outside of the jurisdiction of the match officials but was reported to The FA. This charge is additional to the dismissal for violent conduct which Mills received after the match. The player has until 6pm on 30 March 2012 to respond to the charge.

• Crawley Town’s Kyle McFadzean has been charged with violent conduct for an on-field incident which was not seen by the match officials but caught on video. McFadzean has until 6pm on 30 March 2012 to respond to the charge.

Kind regards

Gary Stonehouse | Customer Relations
Communications Division
The FA Group

I read it that this should be dealt with before the end of the season and that although Bradford City have been summoned, it seems that the F.A are taking a somewhat closer look at crawley. This club really does need to be brought into line. and Mr Evans is one manager who needs to be ejected from the league. I wonder what Graham Westley thinks about him. It was in non league days when Evans bad mouthed Westley, and got him sacked when he was Crawley manager and Evans replaced him. It seemed justice when Stevenage then appoint Westley In the hot seat to see them gain promotion well ahead of Crawley and gain another promotion again. I hope sincerley hope that Crawley do not get the second promotion if only to justify my feeling about that time.
This of course has nothing to do with our matches against Stevenage, and I doubt, when most of us look back
will we think that Stevenage was our real problem, but one P.B.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Glostergull wrote:Hi Guys
I penned a stiff letter to the FA about this matter in my guise as Bristol Rovers Fan so they can't accuse me of bias as a viable promotion opponant.
I have had a reply from Gary Stonehouse himself who is the FA Customer relations officer, commuications division of the F.A.
I wil copy this up here for you to see in light of what has been written about the subject.

Dear Andrew,

Thank you for contacting The Football Association.

Following the events which occurred at the end of the League Two match between Bradford City and Crawley Town on Tuesday 27 March 2012, The FA has issued the following charges:-

• Both Bradford City and Crawley Town have been charged for failing to ensure that their players and/or officials conducted themselves in an orderly fashion and/or refrained from provocative behaviour. The clubs have until 4pm on 3 April 2012 to respond to the charge.

• Crawley Town’s Pablo Mills has been charged with violent conduct for an on-field incident which occurred outside of the jurisdiction of the match officials but was reported to The FA. This charge is additional to the dismissal for violent conduct which Mills received after the match. The player has until 6pm on 30 March 2012 to respond to the charge.

• Crawley Town’s Kyle McFadzean has been charged with violent conduct for an on-field incident which was not seen by the match officials but caught on video. McFadzean has until 6pm on 30 March 2012 to respond to the charge.

Kind regards

Gary Stonehouse | Customer Relations
Communications Division
The FA Group

I read it that this should be dealt with before the end of the season and that although Bradford City have been summoned, it seems that the F.A are taking a somewhat closer look at crawley. This club really does need to be brought into line. and Mr Evans is one manager who needs to be ejected from the league. I wonder what Graham Westley thinks about him. It was in non league days when Evans bad mouthed Westley, and got him sacked when he was Crawley manager and Evans replaced him. It seemed justice when Stevenage then appoint Westley In the hot seat to see them gain promotion well ahead of Crawley and gain another promotion again. I hope sincerley hope that Crawley do not get the second promotion if only to justify my feeling about that time.
This of course has nothing to do with our matches against Stevenage, and I doubt, when most of us look back
will we think that Stevenage was our real problem, but one P.B.

The letter you got back reinstates the press release from the FA yesterday regards the matter.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

Basildon Bond - Good work with the letter

Report on the beeb http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17561537" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Crawley Town defenders Pablo Mills and Claude Davis have apologised for their roles in the post-match brawl at Bradford City on Tuesday.

Both were sent off and the Reds have been charged by the FA with failing to control their players.

In a statement on the club website, Mills said: "My actions were wholly unacceptable and inexcusable and it is something I deeply regret.

Davis added: "My retaliatory action fell way below my personal standards."

Is Mr Davis upset that he he didn't land his punches as well as he would have liked? :whistle:
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!