Bobby to Peterborough?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
chardie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Alan Little

Post by chardie »

Shame to see Bobby go but I wish him all the best. A model professional by all accounts and what a warm up routine!

Good luck Bobby and thank you.
TUST No 278
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

RussianGull wrote: Chudleigh
Teignmouth. I saw a interview a few years back and he said that he had settled in Teignmouth and that he owns a restaurant in Shaldon.
Bigman
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Bigman »

That would be an interesting one. Doubt we'd get anywhere near the wages he's been on previously, and Big Nev was largely here cos he's mates with Wes Saunders (that was my understanding at the time anyway), but if he fancies a bit of local football he could certainly do a job.

But in general I fully trust that Martin Ling will bring in a solid goalkeeper. There are a lot of pretty useless ones at this level, so as long as we avoid an absolute duffer I'll be pretty happy.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

usagullmichigan wrote: Teignmouth. I saw a interview a few years back and he said that he had settled in Teignmouth and that he owns a restaurant in Shaldon.
Chudleigh or Teignmouth, not a million miles away really. This article from the Sun probably doesn't help to clear matters up much either !!!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... -girl.html

For what it's worth, I would imagine their luxurious idyll is probably somewhere "out in the sticks" and tabloid journalists being what they are will just decide to pick on the nearest big (ish) town in reporting where he (or they?) live.
Last edited by CP Gull on 19 Jun 2012, 10:25, edited 2 times in total.
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

I hope Bobby'll be happy there at Posh? He really enjoyed his time with us, I'd hate to see him bench-warming or falling out with lil' Fergie?
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
Brez60gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Brez60gull »

Its Chudleigh he bought his wife a new car from BMW in Exeter where my wife works recently and she recognised him straight away, could hardly miss him I saw him driving a white van and parked next to me in Tesco's Newton Abbot last season on a Friday thought it a bit strange him not in Bristol training. :nod:
JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Post by JamieE »

Thanks for last season, Bobby. You were immense. Good luck!
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Apparently there is a sell-on clause in the agreement that we get 15% if/when Bobby moves on from the Posh. So if he were to move to a bigger club for, say, £4 million, we would get a further £200k. Which would mean half a million for a player we picked up for free.
Nice bit of business by Martin Ling. :-D (Even better business by Peterborough)!
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Gullscorer wrote:Apparently there is a sell-on clause in the agreement that we get 15% if/when Bobby moves on from the Posh. So if he were to move to a bigger club for, say, £4 million, we would get a further £200k. Which would mean half a million for a player we picked up for free.
Nice bit of business by Martin Ling. :-D (Even better business by Peterborough)!
15% of £4million is 600k
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Might want to check your maths. 15% of £4m is £600 000.

I believe the clause is actually 15% of any future profit (above £300k or whatever they paid). So to net £200k he would need to go for over £1.5m, which realisitically means a move to a Premiership club. Excellent though he is, we're not going to make much (any) more money on Bobby unless he does move on again for a big transfer fee.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

What's £400k between friends. :whistle: :)
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

diamondgirl wrote:What's £400k between friends. :whistle: :)
Well let's think. Maybe a few seasons worth of TUFC season tickets. An Orange Focus ST thrown in for goosd measure to get you there plus Mat as Chauffeur. On second thoughts maybe not with Matt as Chauffeur. A seat in the Directors box. Three course meal before every match. Travel expences and accomodation to all matches home and away.
Sponsorship of your fav player for several seasons. Add to that the best bit. A georgeous long leggy blonde hanging on your arm every where you wanted to go. Hmmm Maybe not. The money would probably disapear too quickly then.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Good luck to Bobby. A big move for him, I wish him well.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

Glostergull wrote: Well let's think. Maybe a few seasons worth of TUFC season tickets. An Orange Focus ST thrown in for goosd measure to get you there plus Mat as Chauffeur. On second thoughts maybe not with Matt as Chauffeur. A seat in the Directors box. Three course meal before every match. Travel expences and accomodation to all matches home and away.
Sponsorship of your fav player for several seasons. Add to that the best bit. A georgeous long leggy blonde hanging on your arm every where you wanted to go. Hmmm Maybe not. The money would probably disapear too quickly then.

Gloster, You might be happy with a "Georgeous long leggy blond" hanging on your arm but, to be honest, I would prefer a night in, in front of the telly with my "Georgeous, not very leggy dark haired HUSBAND" Words with Marion are afoot. :whip:

CHRISTINE ;-) ;-)
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."