O'Kane to Bournemouth CONFIRMED

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Un-used sub for Ballmouth today according to live score centre, oh Eunan what have you done.
Formerly known as forevertufc
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Yet again, an ex-Torquay player moves up the leagues and finds out that the grass is definitely browner. The only ones who seem to succeed are either centre backs and/or players with potential but barely play any games. Put simply, if you play more than 20 games for us, you might as well stick around for a while!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Come home Eunan.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Never blame any young player for wanting to climb the footballing ladder and certainly don't blame Eunan for taking the move, however when many were talking about him being a Championship player, I never believed that he was anywhere near that level last season and posted it more than a few times.

Eunan O'Kane is still a player with stacks of potential, however that potential will not be forefilled if he is not playing, one of the reasons why I posted my belief that he should have stayed for one more season atleast with us, he would have played 46 out of 46 if fit and another great season with us would have opened up a whole world of opportunities for him.I wish him all the luck and very much hope it all works out for him in the end.
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

From what people was saying last season, to me he didn't sound very consistent.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Maybe from late Febuary to the end of the season Eunan did suffer a little drop in form, however before that time not all but there was a few touting him for the Championship, can't be bothered to search for them all, here is just one thread that goes alittle way to back that up though.

http://www.torquayfans.com/forum/viewto ... 3&start=30
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

I think he suffered from burnout last year - first full season, 50+ games, it would have been tough physically and mentally. I really hope the lad hasn't made a mistake by going to Bournemouth - I hope whoever the new manager is sees him as a player with big potential and tries to build around him - much like Ling did here.

On another note, apparently Bournemouth are paying Lee Barnard £14k p/w during his loan. Crazy.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Will these clubs never learn? How long ago was it that they were splashing cash about like flash Harrys? How long will it be before they start a season on -10 and their silly supporters and bleating on about Save Our Club and FC United of Bournemouth?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

To be fair, it's not what their fans want. Their chairman is "good friends" with some Russian bloke who is pumping money into the club - hence the signings of O'Kane, Barnard, Tubbs - that's over £1m right there, without even mentioning fees for several others (Miles Addison is another example).

I really hope Eunan hasn't screwed up here.