Labadie Recalled by County

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Scott Brehaut wrote:Nope, you don't get the chance to gloat - you've been gloating all season about how crap we are, so leave me to have my time in the spotlight ;-)
No be fair, for a few weeks under Knill we've been really good so i've not been gloating ALL season, oh and for 30 minutes away at Burton too. :~D
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Scott Brehaut wrote:
The difference with the fans getting down and defeatist is that each and every person that turns up, pays to watch players that seemingly don't seem to care.
The players are paid to play football - if they can't do that then the fans, who have paid to watch them, have every right to be down and defeatist.

As you say, everything thinks we are incapable of fluking a win on Saturday and yet other teams around us are doing just that.

It isn't over until we are either mathematically down, or mathematically safe. Until that time lets hold on to our seats, the next few weeks will be one hell of a ride!!

You are utterly correct here. Another poster mentions the impact Guy Branston might have in terms of rallying players. We do not possess anyone like that at Torquay. The players are beaten before they even step foot on the pitch and they seemingly care even less. Most of them probably realise they will not be here next season.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

hector wrote:
As you say, everything thinks we are incapable of fluking a win on Saturday and yet other teams around us are doing just that.

It isn't over until we are either mathematically down, or mathematically safe. Until that time lets hold on to our seats, the next few weeks will be one hell of a ride!!

You are utterly correct here. Another poster mentions the impact Guy Branston might have in terms of rallying players. We do not possess anyone like that at Torquay. The players are beaten before they even step foot on the pitch and they seemingly care even less. Most of them probably realise they will not be here next season.[/quote]

We could have really done with Branno on friday night v Platt. If ever there was a game taylor made for someone it was then.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

or Downes
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Royalgull - you have somehow quoted me with someone else's comments!!
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

austrianandygull wrote:Have i had a go at you for being so positive? No! So why the rant at me. Yes, i happen to believe we are already down whereas you don't. That's fine, i don't mind you coming on and shouting your battle cries from the rooftops, that's your choice. As fans it's out of our hands as to what happens and IMO i haven't seen too much to make me think we can win 2 out of last 4 games. That's all, no need for the personal attack. I'll be at Morecambe too, so f*cking what?!! Is it going to make us win there then ? Jesus Christ man i give up, ooh sorry, already have. Unbelievable.
My friend - you can still get fairly good odds on this - http://www.oddschecker.com/football/eng ... relegation

Time to invest and soften the blow???

I personally don't believe we are already down but those odds a far more generous than our chances!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

As they say in Bangkok, Que Sera Sera. I have moved from being angry to being fatalistic now.

I think the fans have been badly let down this season, by the players (but not in the early part of the season though), the board (for getting the balance wrong between investment in the team and investment in facilities) and the management team (for overseeing cr*p performances week after week), but I still retain a small grain of hope. Two wins should be enough, but we will know more after Saturday's games. Barnet will be the key game, anything less than a win in that game will spell doom I feel, but nothing will ever surprise me with Torquay.

The optimist versus pessimist debate is really not needed now, as fans we should get behind the team and not assume anything. What else can we do? Assume we will lose all games and refuse to watch the team? Surely not. The time for recrimination, and there will be some of this whatever happens, is in May not now!!!
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

There will be several twists and turns between now and the 27th April (not long is it ? just SIX hours of football left !! oh ..... plus injury time !). Keep an eye on Dagenham. They're away to Exeter on Saturday and I can't see City losing three games in a row. They also have to play York and Accrington (not sure who their fourth game is against). Wimbledon's home defeat against Barnet last Saturday drags them back into the mire and their goal difference is the worst of all the strugglers.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Would just like to place on record now that we will NOT go down. This allows me one free pass to heckle the negative neddies on here once the season is over and A N Other x 2 have joined Division 5.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Andy, we're all entitled to an opinion no matter how annoying it can be to others who differ from you but anyone who says we're doomed, down already blah blah are talking out of their arseholes. The FACT is that at the moment we have a better chance of holding onto our League status than three other Clubs.

If you want to revel in your own glorious prediction of relegation then so be it, just don't expect everyone to agree with you. The way you've been posting of late indicates you have no faith in us surviving the drop, I do. I'm not blind, I can see the League table and know we are in a better position than 3 other clubs so I personally will be rooting for the Club to succeed.

What you fail to understand is that you are conversing with lifelong fans of the club, people with a connection and affinity with the area, it's no secret that Torquay are one in a long line of clubs you've supported, doesn't make you less of a fan, but it does mean you're relatively new to the feelings some of us have endured for a very long time.

Now as for you and Nick I think you've shown examples yourself of the behaviour you credit him with and flounced accordingly. You're both valuable members of the forum and good contributors too, let's keep it that way.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Southampton Gull wrote:Andy, we're all entitled to an opinion no matter how annoying it can be to others who differ from you but anyone who says we're doomed, down already blah blah are talking out of their arseholes. The FACT is that at the moment we have a better chance of holding onto our League status than three other Clubs.

If you want to revel in your own glorious prediction of relegation then so be it, just don't expect everyone to agree with you. The way you've been posting of late indicates you have no faith in us surviving the drop, I do. I'm not blind, I can see the League table and know we are in a better position than 3 other clubs so I personally will be rooting for the Club to succeed.

What you fail to understand is that you are conversing with lifelong fans of the club, people with a connection and affinity with the area, it's no secret that Torquay are one in a long line of clubs you've supported, doesn't make you less of a fan, but it does mean you're relatively new to the feelings some of us have endured for a very long time.

Now as for you and Nick I think you've shown examples yourself of the behaviour you credit him with and flounced accordingly. You're both valuable members of the forum and good contributors too, let's keep it that way.
Totally agree SG
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Southampton Gull wrote:Andy, we're all entitled to an opinion no matter how annoying it can be to others who differ from you but anyone who says we're doomed, down already blah blah are talking out of their arseholes. The FACT is that at the moment we have a better chance of holding onto our League status than three other Clubs.

Dave, my prediction of relegation is not one i glory in. I'm a fan just like anyone else despite your probably inadvertant attempt to belitte that and i want us to do well and play good football. Why would i spend money i haven't got and put my mum to some serious put outs by dumping my little one on her so i can go and see us play? Do i do that because i want to see us relegated? I do take on board what you are saying about the fans on here that have seen it all and done it all before with regards Torquay and i respect that i will never have that affinity and connection with the area and that is something i cannot change but my support and my money are as valuable to the club as anyone elses.

I can't change the past nor can i predict the future but what i can do is comment on what i see and that is all i'm doing on here, so effectively what you are saying is that my opinion is not as valid as someone who has lived in Torquay and been going for 20, 30, 40 odd years. So i am to lie and say that this season has been great when it hasn't, i am to lie when i have strong feelings that we are going to get relegated? Others have strong feelings that we are going to stay up and perhaps they have seen such last ditch survival campaigns in their illustrious years as a Torquay fan when i haven't. It doesn't mean that they are right when they say we are staying up and nobody criticises them for saying that.

My posts of late reflect my thought that i think we'll go down. So what? You yourself have always advocated this forum as a place where opinions whatever they may be are all valid and now we're getting into the situation where i'm being sanitised again and 'encouraged' to say the things people want to hear.

I too am personally rooting for us to stay up and without wanting to sound like i'm bleating, i was f*cking ill on a chilling good friday evening but did the near 200 mile round trip to Northampton. Just so i could see us lose and come and gloat about it on here afterwards? My after match posts seem to suggest otherwise.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Oh and half of Premier League clubs are made up of fans who have no affinity with their chosen clubs so try telling them that they don't matter too.
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

After the emotion subsided and having a rant about it all it's just that, I think, we are all pretty hacked off about the whole situation this season and so we vent on here as it gives us a voice. Now I am too far away from the club to know the daily going's on and definately am not in the know like some of you guys. It's been said before and I echo the sentiment that we are pretty helpless to do anything about it EXCEPT support as loudly and as positively as we can as, after all, I ain't got nowhere else to go :'( to coin a phrase from an old 80's film An Officer and Gentleman). And I was never one of those, just a grunt who somehow made Sergeant.

So with a handful of games left and still above the dreaded trapdoor we still need 6 points and it's still possible/probable we will get them IF the support is there. Remember the relegation season? We were long gone by this stage so there is always hope. It's painful, it hurts but Joss Labadie is gone. Thanks for the goals and lifting our spirits but it is down to someone else in the dressing room to be a big hero now so who will it be? COYYS Either we are going down, or they are!!! (what film was that from?) :goal: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Oblivion!!!!