Torquay United v AFC Wimbledon - 3/8/13

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

brucie wrote:The result tomorrow could very much determine who wins the match.
I disagree. I think who wins the match tomorrow could very much determine the result.. :-/
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

bixieupnorth wrote:i'd have thought hawley would start with benyon, i'm gonna be positive with the score and say 3-0, but only 2.324 plus whatever the dons bring down with em
top of the league tomorrow night!!
AK has already said Hawley is not fully match fit.
Formerly known as forevertufc
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

The moment is nearly here! 3 months of poncy summer sports and crappy pre-season tournaments is over! This is it, the league kicks off and i'm just gutted I will have to wait another week for me to see this new team of ours. Tomorrow is what it's all about, all this to-ing and fro-ing on the forum, will he won't he, who, what, why, why not, it has all been for tomorrow and I hope everyone enjoys the game and has a really great day out, especially any newbies to Plainmoor and I hope the result and performance is one to savour.

COYY!! Trip to the Lancashire coast awaiting! :scarf: :scarf:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

SteveDeckchair wrote:That will never change i'm afraid. People won't forget he came through the ranks at City and is a City supporter.
Don't see this. I literally never hear it mentioned when he's discussed. I'm sure 99.9% of our support couldn't care less. All people care about is his ability to do the job, and many don't trust him to do it.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
bc-gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Pearce

Post by bc-gull »

When it comes to football, you support your team of course but when you're a player, its all about getting a contract, taking every opportunity that comes to you, whether it be a trial at a team you hate. If you only have 1 offer on the table, you are going to accept it because it is a job, if rice was 3 inches taller i think he would be a strong league two keeper however people cannot look past his previous spell here. But all this about him being a city fan really has nothing to do with it, wasnt mark ellis an argyle supporter but that never really effected anything.
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

Fonda, thats the whole point I was trying to make. Nothing to do with him being a city fan. Id much rather that than a Man United fan.

Its twofold. A) Hes not the terrible keeper people think he is and b) even if he is, getting on his back will make it worse, and as fans, we should want to win, and give ourselves the best chance to by supporting our players. Goalkeepers, more so than any one else, will make mistakes if nervous from unnecessary fan pressure.
ggggg
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ggggg »

Goalkeeping and confidence are so closely related it`s incredable! Ricey was a member of The Sly Crew but now he`s one of our goalkeepers, he can keep these things seperate and be the total professional so why can`t we leave him to get on with his job?
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

Well it's here and I am miles away from Plainmoor as I am on duty in Thame, Oxfordshire today. In my absence I predict a 1 - 1 draw and some encouraging news on the teams performance from you guys. It's the start of a marathon of a season and we have new players on board so I don't expect things to bed down for a few games. A crowd of 3,100 with a couple of hundred down from Wimbledon having a weekend of it too. Who can blame them. Anyway COYYSSSSSSSSS :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: ITS HERE!!!! NOOOO, NOT SHOPPING, FOOTBALL11111111111 GAME ON :goal:
Oblivion!!!!
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Gullscorer wrote:The result tomorrow could very much determine who wins the match.
I disagree. I think who wins the match tomorrow could very much determine the result.. :-/
I think the number of goals each team has scored at the end of the match will have some bearing on todays result.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

yes lets get behind whoever is in goal, ricey deserves that at the very least.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

I don't understand this obsession about Ricey? Anybody would think he gets booed as soon as setting foot on the pitch. He'll get the same level of support as everyone else. The responsibility is kind of his - if he plays well, there won't be a problem will there...?
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I am so excited about this game. The new players, the new manager, I think we're in for a good season and I think (with startlingly little justification) that we'll do well today.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

COME ON THE TORQUAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

3-1 the might Gulls.

It is 3 hours away and although i'm not there, the ability I have of hallucinating at will means that actually I AM THERE!!! COME ON THE LADS!!

Just 7 days to go before I make the trek to Morecambe and see us for the first time! (in the flesh - obviously I will be seeing them today but in my head :clown: :) :scarf: :lol: ).

I'm kicking every ball and cheering every player on today and i'm not even there! ( apart from in my head :lol: ).

COYY!!!!! :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

Oo! Butterflies!
It must be the start of the footy season.
COYY