Goodbye Football League....Hello Conference

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

If I was the club I would now turn to next season and look at the playing squad. There are a few decent players that we could try and snap up now or soon instead of waiting all summer.

Brett williams at aldershot if there set to go down, could be a cheap option but can score.

James norwood from fgr. Regularly scores and knows devon. If we are to have any luck next year we need to take advantage of our big club situation as we just come down.

Maybe even dan fitchett from salisbury. Young can score quite a few. Worth a shot and who knows could be what we need.

Also mr rendell as I said before

Give me a few of them instead of what we have now. Young goal scores who also do it regally against the opposition were playing next year.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Burnhamgull wrote:I'm expecting Sills to make a return and for Wayne Carlisle to come out of retirement.......
well, we are quite a way there anyway with nicho, manse and stevens.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

stayed well clear today, reading through the forum is just so depressing! it's all fair though, we are simply not good enough for league football! had the other teams in the league not been so poor, we'd have been relegated 2 months ago! a few of the other conference teams will have bigger budgets than us next year, so we can't expect too much in terms of good signings!
The gulls are going up
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

I wouldn't mind betting that Guy Branston plays out his last professional contract with us in the Conference.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

What I find almost ironic is that Chris Todd - who nearly 5 years ago we deemed not up to scratch - could be facing us again next season for Eastleigh.

Nothing against Toddy though, maybe hes got better with age
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

Benyon and hawley have only scored two more league this season goals than he did for us in half a season in the FL, sign him up as a striker!
The gulls are going up
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

In answer to someone's question earlier, I can see who the potential Farsley Celtic equivalent would be if/when we drop into the Conf. Step forward................Concord Rangers!

Playing in the Essex Senior League as recently as 2008, they have rattled through the Ryman Leagues and are in a great run of form. Realistically its between them, Dover and Havant for the last Conf South Playoff place. Dover have points on the board, Havant have the game in hand but Concord have the form so could go either way.

In case you are wondering,they come from Canvey Island (yes, it has two teams!) but bucking the trend of clubs who shoot up the leagues of late they don't look like they throw cash around. Their squad has a surprising number of ex-Bishops Stortford players who didn't look much cop a couple of years back, but obviously whatever they are doing down their is working and they are doing well.

Whether their ground is up to scratch I don't know, it doesn't look great to be fair (http://footygrounds.blogspot.co.uk/2013 ... -road.html) but this was one of things I enjoyed from the Conf last time - watching football at places I never expected to go to.

I love an underdog story, so good luck to them I say
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

on hold till next saturday.......... :} :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024

TUST Member 468

Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:on hold till next saturday.......... :} :rofl:
That would be unlucky - given we play Friday and Monday

:)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Scott Brehaut wrote: That would be unlucky - given we play Friday and Monday

:)
saturday will be enough. =D

TUST Member 468

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Went camping at the coast on Tuesday night and without snazzy mobiles that everyone seems to have nowadays and access to the internet I listened to live commentary of Grimsby v Halifax on BBC Radio Humberside on a portable radio. Real footy and I'm not too disappointed overall to be in the conference. So long as we work on sustainability and not just unrealistically try and fleece already **** off fans for more cash then I think it could work minus Hargreaves. Is everyone on board?!! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

If it is any consolation, the BT coverage of Non-League is actually very good.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

AustrianAntheaGull wrote:Went camping at the coast on Tuesday night and without snazzy mobiles that everyone seems to have nowadays and access to the internet I listened to live commentary of Grimsby v Halifax on BBC Radio Humberside on a portable radio. Real footy and I'm not too disappointed overall to be in the conference. So long as we work on sustainability and not just unrealistically try and fleece already f*** off fans for more cash then I think it could work minus Hargreaves. Is everyone on board?!! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Shame on you Andy! Hargreaves will only get better the more experience he gets as a manager! :slap:
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Gullscorer wrote: Shame on you Andy! Hargreaves will only get better the more experience he gets as a manager! :slap:
thats fine.

as long as its not at TUFC. several posters on here would be happy.

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

The fat lady is now in full voice.

mind you, she has been for a while but some people -for whatever reason -couldnt hear her.

TUST Member 468