Club Ownership

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

A big recruitment drive at the next couple of home games could easily add another 50-100 members. Set up a table at the back of Boots and also in the bar at the back of the family stand for half time.

Spread the word people :)
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

BayGull wrote:My worry is - if the TUST were to obtain ownership .. how would they then pay all the bills with a membership of 2/3/4/500?

Thea has obviously been paying the majority of all the bills over the past few months/years with very little support from the other Directors, so once her cash-cow is withdrawn where will the money come from each month as the club does not generate enough income to sustain itself.

Also .. I wish people would stop referring to 'new investors' .. an investment is something that you put money into with the view to making a return on it - TUFC is a sponge that continually soaks up money .. the only return anyone will get is to be able to say that they own part of a football club.
Oh, come on Andy - you're not stupid. You went to your Dad's grammar school, for heaven's sake. Basic maths demonstrates that Thea's monthly input probably covers little more than Elliot Benyon. If she is leaving us debt free, to cover that deficit, we do without Elliot Benyon. Is that such a hardship? :)
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by hector »

brucie wrote:202
You keep spouting your nonsense, Brucie - I think you are doing much of the recruiting for the TUST. Are you doing so on purpose?
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by hector »

brucie wrote:202
You keep spouting your nonsense, Brucie - I think you are doing much of the recruiting for the TUST. Are you doing so on purpose?
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

From Dave Thomas in both the Herald and WMN - "A new regime drawn mainly from the current board remains favourite to take over Torquay United in the wake of chairman Thea Bristow's decision to stand down."

As fans, I would strongly expect they would want a partnership with TUST with Thea's money going. And in that scenario, it is clear that the more who join TUST, the more resources TUFC would have going forward. Ultimately, nothing is a done deal yet, but there is only one aspect of current negotiations that us fans can positively affect for £2 a month.
jonmay
Trialist
Trialist

Post by jonmay »

Make that 203, with my £24 just chucked in. I'll skip ten portions of half time chips next season to make it up. Or eight programmes.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Kernowgull wrote: There are no quotes from Hargreaves in that article about ownership, and no evidence that what Thomas has said is untrue, just a journalist comment. I would tend to believe Thomas is still talking to interested parties on the evidence presented there.
I never said there was. :)
Formerly known as forevertufc
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

The Supporters trust have a meeting 8th April which I will be going to but if the trust took over I can see us going part-time.
What we need is a few people who would invest in the club with the trust helping to keep the costs down. :keepie:
Webber
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Eric Webber

Post by Webber »

Welcome publicity in the Herald Express regarding Wednesday night's TUST meeting:

http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/T ... story.html

Torquay Museum - Babbacombe Road (top of Torwood Street) - between 7pm and 9pm.

One thing the Herald Express doesn't make clear is that TUST is quite different to an old-style supporters club.

We're not just talking about TUST raising money for mowers and the odd player.

We're potentially talking about TUST becoming owner - or part-owner - of Torquay United.

Discussion of this will be an important part of Wednesday's meeting.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

I don't get why people think no one is interested in owning Torquay United. There are lots of people out there wanting to get involved and a club with no debt, a half decent little ground and it's own training facilities will tick a lot of boxes for a lot of people.
As for the location, well Argyle, City and more impressively the Cheifs are all doing ok as Devonshire sporting clubs.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
zoomed
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by zoomed »

I will attempt to live stream the public meeting tonight on Twitter using their Periscope app.. you will need to follow me to watch... thanks

https://x.com/goulbourne58/status/585730563371356160
rooster
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Bodin

Post by rooster »

PhilGull wrote:I don't get why people think no one is interested in owning Torquay United. There are lots of people out there wanting to get involved and a club with no debt, a half decent little ground and it's own training facilities will tick a lot of boxes for a lot of people.
As for the location, well Argyle, City and more impressively the Cheifs are all doing ok as Devonshire sporting clubs.
I don't think its that no ones interested and whilst the club may not have any debt on the day you take over that will very shortly change. Owning a club is about putting money in but not getting any return, great for some who can afford to write off vast sums of money but not everyone, don't quote me on accurate figures but i would guess it would cost at least half a million every year for the privilege...........
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by hector »

Webber wrote:Welcome publicity in the Herald Express regarding Wednesday night's TUST meeting:

http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/T ... story.html

Torquay Museum - Babbacombe Road (top of Torwood Street) - between 7pm and 9pm.

One thing the Herald Express doesn't make clear is that TUST is quite different to an old-style supporters club.

We're not just talking about TUST raising money for mowers and the odd player.

We're potentially talking about TUST becoming owner - or part-owner - of Torquay United.

Discussion of this will be an important part of Wednesday's meeting.

Yes - I thought the same. I think David Thomas is perhaps assumed a 2nd job as a mouthpiece for the club. Almost as much positive spin as Tim Herbert. If he is not making excuses for Martin Rice or Chris Hargreaves, it is now underselling the role the TUST could have, and likening it to the old 200 club or supporters club that used to meet in the old building that was there before the original Pop was pulled down.

He has completely missed the point, if he has not done it on purpose.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by hector »

rooster wrote: I don't think its that no ones interested and whilst the club may not have any debt on the day you take over that will very shortly change. Owning a club is about putting money in but not getting any return, great for some who can afford to write off vast sums of money but not everyone, don't quote me on accurate figures but i would guess it would cost at least half a million every year for the privilege...........
You don't get any debt if you spend less than you get as income.

We probably have to accept that whoever is running the club, we are not likely to be pushing for promotion - at least with fan ownership, you have a chance of retaining your support.