Gaming International have taken our club hostage

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Gullscorer wrote:Administration is unthinkable (10 point deduction?) and there is no good reason why it should come to that. A straight takeover, whether by GI or Peter Masters or somebody else or a combination, would be the most beneficial for all, or would at least save the club. I find it difficult to believe that intransigence by the current board/chairman for petty personal financial reasons would put an end to everything. However, talking of investment in and indebtedness by the club, Masters and GI are not the club's biggest creditors. The club's biggest creditor, by a long long way, is Thea Bristow. If the club are saying that ownership would go to GI if their debt is not paid by 31 January, shouldn't Thea Bristow have something to say about that? Time for her, in the light of experience, to come in with handbag blazing and sort them all out...
There's a thought. There are two possible outcomes. GI pay Thea her £200k but that seems a high price to pay for recovering their @£125k.
Or Dave Philips and co will have to pay Thea £200k which is a high price to pay for trying to protect their original £100k investment.
Perhaps Thea has already done a deal with GI.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

I am sick to the back teeth of this. The deceitful bullshit from the Board disgusts me. I have been a fan of more than fifty years, fed up with the sheer contempt shown for the loyal fans of this club.

http://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/201 ... ll-viable/
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

It's over.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
knightmaregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by knightmaregull »

Philips & Co. have absolutely bottled it. A great escape too great for even TUFC now.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Southampton Gull wrote: It certainly put off one potential buyer that I know of. Some have said why shouldn't he get it back, well I say that is a small price for him to pay for the right royal cock ups he's presided over.
The money they paid off Edwards did not help either.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

The club has just been sold to Gaming International - more to follow
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Spineless. Weak. Pathetic. Shameful.
TUST member 328
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

I have kept my monthly players fund contribution going until today. I feel played for a mug. Thanks for nothing Phillips.
Last edited by gullintwoplaces on 21 Dec 2016, 08:40, edited 1 time in total.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Phillips to stay in the post during the transition. You just could not make it up!
TUST member 328
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

Big Suprise Gaming International now own Torquay United what next?
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/t ... story.html

'TORQUAY United has been sold to Gaming International, it was announced by the club on Friday afternoon.

It is understood that the deal will be ratified by the National League before Christmas.

The deal will be approved on Monday pending the approval of the Football Association.

It is understood that chairman David Phillips will remain in the post during the transition to new ownership.

Truro City chairman Peter Masters, who has long been linked with the change of ownership at Plainmoor, was at the club when the announcement was made. He is understood to be there in an advisory capacity.

A statement from Gaming International is expected soon'
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Hopefully we will still be playing the next home game on Boxing Day. An opportunity for the fans to tell Phillips and Co exactly what we think of them. May be our last chance.
6667GULL
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'KANE

Post by 6667GULL »

We have been misled, ill informed, lied to , conned etc etc
Phillips & his cronies can f**k off.
I hope they lose every penny.
I have invested 50 years in this club.
We deserved better than this.
TUFC RIP
knightmaregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by knightmaregull »

arcadia wrote:Big Suprise Gaming International now own Torquay United what next?
It may not be a big surprise but it did not have to happen, there were potential escape options - maybe they wouldn't have worked but they were options that any genuine fan would have chanced an arm at . Either GI have Philips & Co. by the absolute b@lls (which means the directors allowed themselves to be put in that position)or he has chosen his own personal priorities ahead of the clubs. Yes, of course that's his prerogative to do so but don't then come out and say how he's a supporter and has acted in the best interests of the club. Nothing about this is in the best interests of the club.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

If this is a bad deal for Torquay United Phillips must be an idiot to still be in the chair as there could be a protest if we've been sold down the river.