Whinge, Moan, Rant And Anything Else Put It Here ...

General chat about anything else goes here.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

cambgull wrote:Don't forget people who don't indicate, or are totally oblivious to leaving their indicator on.

I was also once driving to work on the road between Buckfastleigh and Totnes. It was a Sunday morning with a massive long queue of traffic stuck behind what I saw was a tractor. Not until I got to a straight bit of road did I see a car IN FRONT of the tractor, driving at 22mph in a 60mph zone. They really shouldn't be allowed near a car.
Did I mention this before, or is it coincidence that my original post was related to this exact stretch of road?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Having driven along that stretch of road 5 times a week for over a year, it is absolutely no coincidence at all. It is constantly full of idiots who can't drive and assume that anyone driving faster than them is completely out of control and WILL kill themselves. On many occasions I had to beep my horn and make people pull over because their driving is far too erratic, even at 30mph. I still remember this one woman who kept going out wide every time she went around a corner, nearly hitting the hedgerow on right hand turns and swinging half way into the opposite lane on left hand turns. Of course, these would then be followed by jerking the wheel violently to correct herself, nearly putting her into the hedgerow/opposite lane in the process.

I ended up flashing my lights and beeping my horn to make her pull over. I then pulled in behind her, walked up to the window, gave her what for then grabbed her keys from the ignition and threw them in the hedgerow. She tried to tell me I'd ruined her day. Well, you know, never mind the family who would have had their lives ruined when she kills herself or someone else. Ignorant b*tch :@
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Hire car companies.

What a bunch of utter c***s.

All I want to do is book a hire car for a couple of days and yet they insist on me paying with a credit card, and then presenting it on the day. When I tell them I don't have one as they are evil bloody things that allow people to pay with cash they do not have and the get yourself into debt trying to pay the **** ing thing off, they tell me that I HAVE to own one in order to hire the car.

What a load of old bollocks!! All I want to do is pay for the car on my debit card, drive the car for a couple of days, fill it up with (overpriced) petrol and then return it.

Is that so much to ask????!!!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Scott Brehaut wrote:Hire car companies.

What a bunch of utter c***s.

All I want to do is book a hire car for a couple of days and yet they insist on me paying with a credit card, and then presenting it on the day. When I tell them I don't have one as they are evil bloody things that allow people to pay with cash they do not have and the get yourself into debt trying to pay the f**k ing thing off, they tell me that I HAVE to own one in order to hire the car.

What a load of old bollocks!! All I want to do is pay for the car on my debit card, drive the car for a couple of days, fill it up with (overpriced) petrol and then return it.

Is that so much to ask????!!!!
Similar story for me last week when I had no car. I was going to hire one and although we could book using my partners DEBIT card (they didn't insist on a credit card) they wanted an extra 10 quid per day for me to also be able to drive the car. In addition they wanted a £200 deposit which had gone up £150 since the last time I hired with them and even then they said the deposit could take up to a week to be put back into the bank account. So I am £200 quid down for a week and as someone who has p*ss all I can't afford to be doing that.

Anyway, I pestered the garage to get the repairs fixed quick and stuck 2 fingers up at ENTERPRISE!! W*NKERS!!!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Strictly come bog snorkelling is back. and that loathsome tvvat Vanessa Feltz is on it.

Say no more........... :@
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

AustrianAndyGull wrote: Similar story for me last week when I had no car. I was going to hire one and although we could book using my partners DEBIT card (they didn't insist on a credit card) they wanted an extra 10 quid per day for me to also be able to drive the car. In addition they wanted a £200 deposit which had gone up £150 since the last time I hired with them and even then they said the deposit could take up to a week to be put back into the bank account. So I am £200 quid down for a week and as someone who has p*ss all I can't afford to be doing that.

Anyway, I pestered the garage to get the repairs fixed quick and stuck 2 fingers up at ENTERPRISE!! W*NKERS!!!
Hertz will accept a debit card, I know this as I visit my lad in Dublin on a regular basis and they are the only one I can hire from as I don't have a credit card. They do charge 14 euro a day for waiver insurance (it's either that or 1200 euro deposit!) but on the whole they aren't too bad.
:clap:
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Taking about this on the way home yesterday, Scott. If one can't manage a credit card without it ruining one's life, then one really ought to remove oneself from the gene pool.

They aren't any harder to manage than a pair of trousers and it really is only the very very stupid who get themselves into trouble with them. They're a damn sight better for you than Wonga.

So, my rant, as normal, is morons. This week's flavour: people too stupid to be trusted with credit cards.

Matt.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

I'm just not a fan of credit....if I can't afford it, I don't get it.

STIP
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Scott Brehaut wrote:I'm just not a fan of credit....if I can't afford it, I don't get it.
:goodpost: Me neither Scott. Todays young people want it NOW and aren't prepared to (or can't) save for anything. :-/
I owe no one, and like it that way. :nod:

Hardly the way a 'moron' would live and go about his business........ :@ :@ :@
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

The only exception I guess is a mortgage, although I don't have one of those as, apparently, I don't earn enough to be considered worthy enough of one, even though I pay more in rent than some of my mates pay in mortgage payments.

STIP
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Saving £200/month for a year to buy a £2400 item is just the same as buying a £2400 item on a credit card with 12 interest free months and paying it off at £200/month for a year except you get your item a year earlier than otherwise you would.

Equally, I like cars, I like spending quite a lot of money on cars and I'm happy to accept that this will cost me. However, I really don't want to have to wait three years to save up the fifteen grand when I can take the car on finance.

The whole "save up" attitude was fine 30 years ago when everything cost 50p, but stuff is so much more expensive now that that isn't really an option unless you're happy to live without an awful lot of the nicer things.

Matt.
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

ferrarilover wrote:Saving £200/month for a year to buy a £2400 item is just the same as buying a £2400 item on a credit card with 12 interest free months and paying it off at £200/month for a year except you get your item a year earlier than otherwise you would.

Equally, I like cars, I like spending quite a lot of money on cars and I'm happy to accept that this will cost me. However, I really don't want to have to wait three years to save up the fifteen grand when I can take the car on finance.

The whole "save up" attitude was fine 30 years ago when everything cost 50p, but stuff is so much more expensive now that that isn't really an option unless you're happy to live without an awful lot of the nicer things.

Matt.
That, Matt, is the biggest pile of cack you have ever written. Stuff is comparatively cheaper now than 30 years ago. What you fail to see is what happens if you lose your job and cant afford to make your repayments? Oh yes, declare bankruptcy and let other people pick up your bill. :@
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

In 1981, the average house cost 3.25 x average annual salary. In 2011, the average house cost 5.5 x the average annual salary.

Average household disposable income in 1981 was £7500. In 2010 it was 14000. That's an increase of 86.66%. Meanwhile:

A pint in 1981 was 53p, today, it's £3 - an increase of 466%

A litre of unleaded was 35p, today, it's £1.30 - an increase of 271%

A sliced white loaf was 36p, it's now £1.32 - an increase of 266%

VW Golf GTi MkI was £5400, it's now £25,845 - an increase of 378%

These were the first few things I thought of, I'm sure I haven't just got lucky.

Matt.
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

ferrarilover wrote:In 1981, the average house cost 3.25 x average annual salary. In 2011, the average house cost 5.5 x the average annual salary.

Average household disposable income in 1981 was £7500. In 2010 it was 14000. That's an increase of 86.66%. Meanwhile:

A pint in 1981 was 53p, today, it's £3 - an increase of 466%

A litre of unleaded was 35p, today, it's £1.30 - an increase of 271%

A sliced white loaf was 36p, it's now £1.32 - an increase of 266%

VW Golf GTi MkI was £5400, it's now £25,845 - an increase of 378%

These were the first few things I thought of, I'm sure I haven't just got lucky.

Matt.
Not sure where you got that from but I can assure you I had a fairly well paid job and had nowhere near £150 a week left over after paying the bills. I took my then landlord to a tribunal because he upped my rent by £10 a month and I didn't think we could afford the increase. :-/
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

The Office for National Statistics. You can't get a more authoritative source for this type of thing. Perhaps you weren't so well paid as you think?*

Matt.

* or, if that video on YouTube is to be believed, you spent too much on crack and hookers. :~D