Niate out...

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
__quiet__gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Sills

Niate out...

Post by __quiet__gull »

Picture on Instagram showing Niate in a cast or heavily bandaged leg.

Does not look good at all...

Time for 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 with Cameron and Essuman both CB?
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

or bring back Gowling :whistle:
Wubble U
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: The Sills
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Wubble U »

Despite him being one of our best players so far this season, perhaps this is a blessing in disguise to force a much-needed change in formation to something more positive.

Something like a 4-3-3 or 4-3-1-2 would bring some of the more creative players into the team and create more of a goal threat, something we have been so lacking.

Bawling and Banton can be given a real chance to see what they can bring up top; players that our 3-5-2 set up didn't seem to suit.

My only worry would be Wynter and Davis being exposed without the comfort of a back 3 behind to conceal their defensive frailties
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Bristol_Gull »

Agreed- this really is a great opportunity to switch the system which has been more than proved as ineffective. It’s a shame that Niate is out but I have confidence in Eusseman and Cameron at the back and I believe Davis and Wynter will be solid enough provided they are covered for if it is them that go forward.

I really hope that it’s not another patchwork system today with Hall entering the backline again
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

All these injuries, doesn't it just make one want to make completely unfounded accusations that we obviously didn't do medicals on any of our players? ;-)
Wubble U
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: The Sills

Post by Wubble U »

Bristol_Gull wrote: 25 Aug 2018, 07:39 I really hope that it’s not another patchwork system today with Hall entering the backline again
Yes me too. I guess today we will see how stubborn Owners is with his favourite formation.
From his post-match comments last weekend he looked like he was considering a change in formation and indeed he changed to 4 at the back quite early in that game anyway.
Besides, we should be attacking teams at home with a more positive set up. We shall see.

I remember one of Ling's qualities was the humility to accept his plans weren't working and change it to suit the situation and strengths of the players.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

madgull wrote: 25 Aug 2018, 09:32 All these injuries, doesn't it just make one want to make completely unfounded accusations that we obviously didn't do medicals on any of our players? ;-)
Just as well we haven't signed a load of crocks.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

Side virtually picks itself;

Bass

Wynter
Essuman
Cameron
Davis

Banton
Regis
Hall
Dickson

Wright
Williams

MacDonald
Keating
Reid
Nabi
Bawling

Of course there are a range of other options!
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

I hope Owers does change the formation. We are at home, lets set things up positively and attack. Wynter and Davis licence to attack, please please can i see midfielders raiding forward, we need to create more chances.
Probably asking too much??
Not sure if i can deal with another home negative performance like the last two.