Ray Spear

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Ray Spear

Post by monkeyboy »

Fantastic news for the boy and his family. Hopefully he will go on to become a great asset for the club. Great name for headline writers too!
gullsflyinghigh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by gullsflyinghigh »

Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

Obviously looking to model himself on Scotty Rendell by the look of his hairstyle :)
TUFC92
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by TUFC92 »

Looks a good prospect and I'm really pleased for him, 4 young lads on pro contracts already and that can only give more confidence to the lads coming through the system, and our ability to attract the youngsters ahead of other clubs!
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

TUFC92 wrote:Looks a good prospect and I'm really pleased for him, 4 young lads on pro contracts already and that can only give more confidence to the lads coming through the system, and our ability to attract the youngsters ahead of other clubs!
:clap: Well pleased. Watched Ray play a couple of times last season. Looked a wee bit short in stature but plenty of fight and effort in him.

The next time I see him is when we shifted snow off the pitch. He's a six footer now. :-D

A home grown target man. Just what the Popside have wished for. ;-)
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Good luck to the lad,saw him play at Buckland a few weeks ago,he had little impact on the game playing up front or in midfield,however looked lively,and does seem to have something about him.
Formerly known as forevertufc
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

good for him. im sure i remember him from when the u18s beat norwich a couple of years ago. in fact, did he score? i dont remember that. i remember he ran for miles though. i see him down the gym all the time too. clearly a hard worker.
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
Stoke_Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Stoke_Gull »

If he's anything like he is on Football Manager then he's going to upset Alex Russell for not letting him tutor him, take my comment that he should stop shooting from distance as a personal insult and then have the gaul to demand a wage increase!

i hope Buckle knows what he has let himself in for.... :aww:
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Sorry Stokie, can you explain the above comment, I don't get it.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Stoke_Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Stoke_Gull »

My apologies to you Matt, :Oops: I was referring to one of my games on Football Manager in that Ray Spear is an utter moron. I'm sure he's a nice guy in real life and will serve the club well. :)
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

I see, I had visions of the real Ray Spear telling Buckle to "knob the knob off, you knob!" in his first day as a pro, or something equally silly. Just out of interest, have you made him a moron, or was he programmed that way by the developers?

Matt.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

No, Matt. The players have their own 'personality' kind of thing in-game. Could be based on real or not, but they can reject your advice as manager - Yeoman did this to me, and he wouldn't even bother talking to me again so he was promptly released...

Don't you know anything?!? ;-)
Stoke_Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Stoke_Gull »

As Nick says players can reject your advice, telling Nicky Wroe to stop shooting from distance didn't work so he got angry and left the room, that was the end of him. I just released Yeoman anyway on the count that he was rubbish, I regreted that decision later....

Some players like me though, Lee Trundle calls me "boss" whenever he walks in the room. What a nice guy.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

This little ego massage thing sounds great, where can I get me one?

Matt.