The Next 8 Games.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

The Next 8 Games.

Post by portugull »

Given our back to back wins without conceding I have had a look at our next 8 games compared to Sutton which takes us to the end of April.

We have 4 Home Games Woking, Weymouth, Notts County and Aldershot and visit Dagenham, Wrexham, Sutton and Woking.

Sutton have 7 games but 5 are Away from their plastic pitch. Away to Halifax, Boreham Wood, Solihull, Altrincham and Eastleigh.

Home to Torquay 13th April and Barnet 27th April.

We are 6 points behind and they have a game in hand and a four goal diff advantage.

Its a tough ask as their are no easy games in this League. We play 3 teams in the top 7 they play one TUFC!

They are favourites on paper but we all know strange things happen in Football and we are full time and hopefully can finish very strongly as we get key players back from injury. COYY.
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

Sadly with the Dover game and points removed from us, we are 9 points behind them, having both played 28 games.

Further, we are 5 points behind Hartlepool, but do have three games in hand.

I have the full adjusted table in excel, how would I get it on here?
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Nick Potkins wrote: 24 Mar 2021, 20:10 I have the full adjusted table in excel, how would I get it on here?
Probably the best thing to do is put it into Google Sheets and share that link.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

We keep talking about Sutton having all these away games but they are not a problem for them ! they have won their last 5 away games in the league including wins at Stockport, Chesterfield and Bromley.
I see Notts County have just sacked Neil Ardley , playoffs not good enough for them.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Nick Potkins I made the wrong assumption that the "Dover Issue" had yet to be determined. Sounds like I was wrong.
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

portugull wrote: 24 Mar 2021, 20:59 Nick Potkins I made the wrong assumption that the "Dover Issue" had yet to be determined. Sounds like I was wrong.
I don't think you have, I am guessing. However, there is no other solution. Sadly it does not help us.
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

Adjusted table, with the Dover results removed. Sadly, it does not help us.
Sutton Utd - Played 28 Points 60
Hartlepool - Played 31 Points 56
Torquay U - Played 28 Points 51
Stockport - Played 28 Points 47
Notts Co - Played 26 Points 46
Wrexham - Played 28 Points 44
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Surely another solution would be for the National League to allow all Dover's results to stand, but impose a points penalty (say 10-12 points) on the club from the start of next season for failing to complete their fixtures? Relegation would almost certainly result, and be richly-deserved in Dover's case. Only a thought!
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

budegull1954 wrote: 25 Mar 2021, 10:15 Surely another solution would be for the National League to allow all Dover's results to stand, but impose a points penalty (say 10-12 points) on the club from the start of next season for failing to complete their fixtures? Relegation would almost certainly result, and be richly-deserved in Dover's case. Only a thought!
You are quite right about the Dover points penalty for them (time will tell). However, how can you let results stand? Some clubs have not played them.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

True - I should have said 'Dover's results so far'!
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Not sure the next eight games will count for much, we are still at bare bones in terms of a squad and that does not look like changing any time soon, with a full squad we are more than a match for anyone in this league but I do not see any of our injured returning this side of mid April,we are not even worthy of being informed how Davis and wright got on at their FA rehabilitation tests and that was over a week ago, nothing on Moxey, or Warren whose experience we are crying put for. Nemane and Cameron at least another month, so holding our own for the next month will be a major achievement.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

budegull1954 wrote: 25 Mar 2021, 10:15 Surely another solution would be for the National League to allow all Dover's results to stand, but impose a points penalty (say 10-12 points) on the club from the start of next season for failing to complete their fixtures? Relegation would almost certainly result, and be richly-deserved in Dover's case. Only a thought!
Dover's results can't stand as if all the clubs yet to play them were given the three points it would be unfair on those who have played and not beaten Dover.

If a club fails to complete the season its results are always expunged.

Dover's penalty must surely be sufficient to ensure they are relegated next season. Maybe deduct 3 points from every game they didn't play.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by happytorq »

Nick Potkins wrote: 25 Mar 2021, 09:50 Adjusted table, with the Dover results removed. Sadly, it does not help us.
Sutton Utd - Played 28 Points 60
Hartlepool - Played 31 Points 56
Torquay U - Played 28 Points 51
Stockport - Played 28 Points 47
Notts Co - Played 26 Points 46
Wrexham - Played 28 Points 44
It means we're 3 points worse off, but I don't think it hugely affects the situation against Sutton. right now they're 6 clear with a game in hand, with results expunged (as they surely will be) it'll be 9 points clear with equal games. Still an uphill challenge. Us, Stockport, Notts County and Wrexham have all beaten Dover as well, so we don't lose ground against our main play-off rivals (if comes to that).

Dover should absolutely be relegated, though. They gave up the ghost way too soon. (also I noticed the other day that despite having played 12 games fewer than Barnet, they're only 3 points behind, which shows you how bad Barnet have been.)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Why for heavens sake shouldn't Dover be thrown out of both the National and the National South Leagues. ? If they come back into either and do well because they have saved money and everyone else has had to spend to keep the League going - what sort of message does that send out ? . Personally I think they should be only offered some obscure French League and then we hope it's a rough sea every away game....
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

culmstockgull wrote: 25 Mar 2021, 14:38 Not sure the next eight games will count for much, we are still at bare bones in terms of a squad and that does not look like changing any time soon, with a full squad we are more than a match for anyone in this league but I do not see any of our injured returning this side of mid April,we are not even worthy of being informed how Davis and wright got on at their FA rehabilitation tests and that was over a week ago, nothing on Moxey, or Warren whose experience we are crying put for. Nemane and Cameron at least another month, so holding our own for the next month will be a major achievement.
Danny Wright is back at training.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468