Potential lock out?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
CP Gull

Potential lock out?

Post by CP Gull »

With the news that the Pop side capacity is being reduced (on OS) by 300, on top of the reduction in the Grandstand seating that was announced at the beginning of the season I reckon our capacity for the game on Saturday must be down to around the 5500 mark.

Given that the Shrews are taking up 1100 of those tickets it means just 4400 for us locals. Now given that we have achieved 2 gates of over 5000 already this season I just wonder how close we might be to selling out? The way I see it is that with it being "pay on the gate" there is plenty of potential for not only Shrews fans without a ticket (assuming they sell out their allocation) but also other fans that might not normally attend (S Devon League players etc) and even perhaps some City and Argyle fans living locally who fancy a game given that both their seasons are now over. Great news perhaps for the club but not such a great PR exercise if some diehard fans get locked out!

I would have thought it would come pretty close to a sell out myself - hopefully everyone gets in and the game kicks off on time this time! :Oops:
gullsflyinghigh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by gullsflyinghigh »

Some City fan is banging on about coming to support us on Saturday so they can have a derby next year - on the facebook event this is.

I reckon it'll be a sell out. Best get tickets in advance.

2 questions:

Anyone know how many tickets have been sold?

What time can you buy tickets up to on Saturday?

Oh, and a third...

What time do gates open?
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

CP Gull wrote:With the news that the Pop side capacity is being reduced (on OS) by 300, on top of the reduction in the Grandstand seating that was announced at the beginning of the season I reckon our capacity for the game on Saturday must be down to around the 5500 mark.

Given that the Shrews are taking up 1100 of those tickets it means just 4400 for us locals. Now given that we have achieved 2 gates of over 5000 already this season I just wonder how close we might be to selling out? The way I see it is that with it being "pay on the gate" there is plenty of potential for not only Shrews fans without a ticket (assuming they sell out their allocation) but also other fans that might not normally attend (S Devon League players etc) and even perhaps some City and Argyle fans living locally who fancy a game given that both their seasons are now over. Great news perhaps for the club but not such a great PR exercise if some diehard fans get locked out!

I would have thought it would come pretty close to a sell out myself - hopefully everyone gets in and the game kicks off on time this time! :Oops:
Possibly but I suspect it being on Sky (how I will be watching it, due to being in London at the weekend :( ) will affect the gate...
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

I really think they should have made this game all ticket. I predict a farce on Saturday, where a load of people get turned away at the gates. Perfect way of enticing new fans.

Only pre bought tickets and no one can argue.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Why is the Pop side capacity being reduced?
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

Fonda wrote:Why is the Pop side capacity being reduced?
Extra space needed for more cameras maybe ??
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Where the scaffolding is going to make the Sky booth apparently.

Shame they couldn't make the booth over in the corner of the away end/grandstand. Massive area there where there is nothing anyway.
gasheadinpeace
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Danny Senda

Post by gasheadinpeace »

Might come down from Bristol to watch...

See what kind of football our new manager plays.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Because of Cameras and scaffolding, Shane.

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/News/ ... 15,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
gullsflyinghigh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by gullsflyinghigh »

gasheadinpeace wrote:Might come down from Bristol to watch...

See what kind of football our new manager plays.
You're such a mug.

Anyway, would anyone like to answer my questions?
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Cheers all. Don't recall Setanta ever needing the kind of space that would reduce capacity? Sky are clearly amatuer.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

I think this further reduction in capacity by 300 to accommodate the scaffolding for the Sky tv cameras will after the previous Health & Safety reductions mean that our capacity on Saturday will be just under 5000. I haven't had chance to get up to Torquay to get a ticket so will be there early and missing the FA Cup final to make sure I get in, but I can see a problem for those without a ticket who can not arrive early. Let's just hope we don't have a repeat of the delayed kick off for the Crawley game as such things in professional sport are embarrassing for the club and even more so when highlighted on satellite tv.

I am looking forward to an entertaining game and even if we win well hopefully not another pitch invasion as it will only be half time and we still have to go away.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

I think it's a bit more than that Stefano.

By my reckoning it's currently

Away end 1080
Family Stand 1166
Popside 2200 (reduced by 300 for this game to 1900)
Grandstand now 733 (reduced from 983)

However these figures don't allow (at least that's the way I see it) for the Enclosure which I guess might add another say 500? I've never seen any figures stated for that area but based on previous capacity figures I reckon it must be in the order of 500 - 600.

Anyhow, I make you right ..... best get up there early to make sure you get in, if you haven't already got a ticket.
Last edited by CP Gull on 12 May 2011, 18:51, edited 1 time in total.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

stefano wrote:
I am looking forward to an entertaining game and even if we win well hopefully not another pitch invasion as it will only be half time and we still have to go away.
Amen to that! A pitch invasion would be silly. But then again so was the last one.
Parry
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Parry »

Surely the 'die hards' will be getting their tickets in advance anyway ?