Congratulations & Good Luck

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
TrenchShrew
Trialist
Trialist

Congratulations & Good Luck

Post by TrenchShrew »

Hi all, well done on your victory, very well deserved, the better team won.
Good luck in the final although would rather a weekend away in Torquay, the thought of
Stevenage going up is unthinkable !
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

thanks mate for those words. gracious in defeat. :clap:

as for you weekend away - we can get promoted and we promise to draw you in the fa cup at plainmoor....how does that sound???? 8/ =D
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

TrenchShrew
Trialist
Trialist

Post by TrenchShrew »

Sounds great! Will be routing for you at Old Trafford!
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

TrenchShrew and Victor Kasule, many thanks for comments, it's nice to see theres decent fans like you 2 still about!! Same as the few Shrews who came over to our fans at the end of the game to shake hands with us Gulls and the few that shook hands with our players too!!

Made us laugh though at the amount of em that thought it would be a good idea to goad us at the end though, totally uncalled for and it would have never have happened at Plainmoor.

Massive respect to the majority of ya though!!
Hazbo
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Robinson

Post by Hazbo »

Hi Guys, Once again, a great performance and fully deserved victory. In all seriousness, i like every other Town, and football fan for that matter will be rooting for you at Old Trafford, Best of luck and hope to see you next yr in the promised land!

Now P*** off and thrash the S*** out of Stevenage, never want to have to play you again! :~D
blueandamber
Trialist
Trialist

Post by blueandamber »

Just to echo what's already been said.

The better team won over the two play off games and also in the away league meeting at your place!

You seem to have worked out how to play us and with you putting in a good performance at Plainmoor and us being so bad, a 2-0 defecit was always going to be hard to over turn.

Your fans were great last night, I wish you all the best for the final. I would prefer you to go up than Stevenage, A) because we can't beat you and B) I don't like Stevenage!

Hopefully we might manage automatic promotion next season after being so close this time. Fingers crossed.

Enjoy Old Trafford and league one if/when you get there.

blueandamber
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

Thanks all you Shrews fans for your kind words. Sincerely hope you get automatic promotion next year and will be looking out for you.
Good luck and thanks again. :clap:
Oblivion!!!!
clemy1989
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Wroe

Post by clemy1989 »

Thanks shrews had a great night, 1 more cup final to go and we could be up into league 1. anyway good luck to shrews next season shame 1 of us had to miss out and stevenage got thru. passing v hoofball on saturday now tho who will win???
Peelparker
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Peelparker »

Accrington fan here.

No sour grapes. We may have had an excellent season and finished fifth but we let ourselves down in the two most important games of the season and did not deserve to go through.

There are extensive post mortems on the Stanley fans forum which you may find interesting:

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
GlosShrew
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Robinson

Post by GlosShrew »

Well done to you guys - pretty pissed off - but I know how you will be feeling this morning as we have worn your shoes twice in the last four seasons (i.e. seventh placed club beating fourth placed team).

Most Shrews supporters reckon you deserved it in the end - just a little hard to take. The following thread echoes most Town fans opinions of the two games:-

http://blueandamber.proboards.com/index ... read=73356
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

GlosShrew wrote:Well done to you guys - pretty pissed off - but I know how you will be feeling this morning as we have worn your shoes twice in the last four seasons (i.e. seventh placed club beating fourth placed team).

Most Shrews supporters reckon you deserved it in the end - just a little hard to take. The following thread echoes most Town fans opinions of the two games:-

http://blueandamber.proboards.com/index ... read=73356
Thanks for the good wishes and also this link which shows that all clubs have a majority of fair minded supporters who can recognise o good side whilst still supporting their own team to the hilt. I'd like to think we would have done the same if the roles had been reversed - in fact I'm sure we would have done!
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

Shrewsbury are a very good side, luckily we never saw the best of them, I believe Torquay had the upperhand mentally more than anything else. Hope the Shrews get promotion next season, I'm sure they will as they have the set-up for League 1, and I really hope they absolutely pulvarise Crawley next season with the fans really rubbing salt in the wounds whilst doing so.
Loggerheads
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Loggerheads »

Well done Torquay, fully deserved your victory through to the play off final. Please make sure you win the final for the sake of football as well as yourselves, not that I want to play Stevenage next season with their gamesmanship tactics.

My lad and i agreed last night that if we are honest Torquay have had the measure of us over the four games this season, in fact we were fortunate to get a draw in the home league fixture, and apart from Bury have been our most impressive opponents.

A big well done to you all, go and finish the job and hopefully we will catch up with you in League 1 for 2012/13 season.
BFC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by BFC »

Well done last night, Torquay!
Just make sure you keep up the good work at Old Trafford!
Your second half showing at Gigg Lane was the best this season to me, especially after looking out of it at half time.
Your support was excellent, very loud on the telly last night.
See you next season I hope!
Victor Kasule
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Victor Kasule »

Can't really add anything to what has already been said, but best of luck to you at Old Trafford - much rather see you go up than Stevenage.