Seating & Travel Arrangements - Old Trafford.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Plymouth Gull

Seating & Travel Arrangements - Old Trafford.

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Right then, at special request here is a thread for all seating arrangements for Saturday.

Heres the ticket information incase you haven't already seen it.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/league ... 26_2363929" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think we are at the West End, which maybe the Stretford End (not totally sure?). Looking at the pricing plan, the cheapest seats are behind the goal.

I think everyone who wants the atmosphere goes there, personally.

Keep all plans for travelling and seating arrangements here.

I'm hoping to try and go up on the train from Newton Abbot, I'd imagine a fair few TUFC fans will be doing similar? Or I hope so anyway? If we show enough interest ASAP maybe the Club can lay a football train on?
gullsflyinghigh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by gullsflyinghigh »

Good thread. After last nights performance we definately need to get all the singers together again and get the place rocking.

Since they haven't designated a particular 'popside' area, all the 'singers' should go behind the goal, get the songs going from there and then they can spread round accordingly.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Take it all the singers will be getting the £26 tickets in the lower? Or will it be the top tier £36 ones?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

It'll be the lower mate. All over facebook :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
SantaCruzScotty
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kee

Post by SantaCruzScotty »

I'd say let the main people (Paul, dave, Matt ect ect) see where is best, im not sure about it myself but im pretty sure i want to be with paul and dave ect, also im bringing the misses down for the day... YAY! -_-

But yeh, soon as dave or paul know where they are going could you please let me know so i can get a ticket to sit next to you?
Or could we arrange that one of you buy the tickets for the four of us ect ect
Torquay Till I Die!
gullsflyinghigh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by gullsflyinghigh »

Lower stretford it is. Lets get it rocking.
yellowmonkey
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Post by yellowmonkey »

For all those that cant afford the train fare try http://www.megabus.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; prices start from 20 quid one way and gets in at 14.00 on Saturday afternoon from Exeter
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I've just been talking to a good mate who has a season ticket at Old Trafford and he put forward a few good suggestions.

Firstly, the cheap tickets could leave you with a view from pitch level, not necessarily the best vantage point, so it might be worth looking at the slightly more expensive option in the red section.

He also recommended the Trafford pub right near the ground. It has large bars and a beer garden. I just called and spoke to the manageress about making it a Gulls pub but she told me the Police dictate who gets what pub, sod that, I'll drink where I choose, not them so feel free to add any suggestions should we not get allocated the Trafford.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
SantaCruzScotty
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kee

Post by SantaCruzScotty »

Getting tickets tomorrow, booking coach in an hour or so, Last coach is 7:15, is that okay or is that early (Pending i want to drink if we win or lose)
D:
Torquay Till I Die!
tommygull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by tommygull »

The Tollgate pub is just down the road. 5 min walk and next to a tram stop. A classic pub with a beer garden and they do a barbeque for home united games so could phone and ask for one there?
:( Tommy :)
UpminsterGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by UpminsterGull »

There's a through train from Torquay at 7.06 that arrives at Manchester at 11.59.
Coming back its 18.27 from Manchester but you can only get to Newton Abbott, arriving 23.11.

Much easier for those of us coming from London!!!!
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Going to go in the top tier for this I reckon going by what Dave said I'm fairly sure you'll probably create a better atmosphere there aswell....
UpminsterGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by UpminsterGull »

Lower Tier is OK as long as you're not too close to the front.
We're going for this as it's likely people will stand here but not in the upper tier.
Back of the upper tier is a long way from the pitch.
eveshamgull
New Signing
New Signing

Post by eveshamgull »

Just had a look on the manc web site, really good stadium layout with pics from every section. The lower stretford end is spilt, £26 for bottom or £36 back of lower tier (not up in the gods!). Looks like a good view from back of the lower tier, think these are labelled as WU on the manc stadium plan.
Hopefully have the same non stop singing as last night, only Barnet and Southend atmospheres beat that.
EVESHAM EXILES
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I've been to a United match at OT, so I offer the following:

The top tier really is a long way up. It's brilliant for getting an overview of the match, it's amazing what you see when you're that far back and up. The movement of players off the ball as an attack develops really is fascinating. However, if you like to be closer to the action, then it'll have to be the lower. From memory, the upper deck at OT is probably further from the pitch than Rotherham away, so it's probably not the place to be if pu wanna feel involved.
Another consideration is the roof, which slopes down at such an angle that, in the upper deck, you're above the lower edge of the roof. Obviously, this doesn't obscure the view of the pitch, but it does of other fans and, I imagine (Paul will tell us more) it will deaden any noise we make long before it reaches the players.

Please also be aware that the walk through the bowels of the stadium is very labour intensive, there are lots of steps because it is a MASSIVE ground.
It is for these reasons that I suggest that we concentrate outselves in the lower tier.

Clearly, the decision will come from further discussion, but this is my view as one of the few people here who has been to the ground for a match (this isn't a pissing contest, it's a statement of material fact).

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"