£26 or £36 tickets

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

£26 or £36 tickets

Post by tktufc91 »

I know I have already written this on another topic, but I am need of an answer.

Someone is getting my tickets for me today, yet I am still undecided on where to sit. I would like to be near the singers, to which I believe they will be in the £26 sections, yet with the prospect of a lot of us being spread out, should I fork out the extra £10 for a better view of the pitch?
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

There is not a bad view at Old Trafford. Stay with £26 singers.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Go for the £26 tickets,as said we can all move around there no doubt will be empty seats ,and as said above there will not many places inside O/T where there will be a bad view.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Parry
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Parry »

Go with the £26 ones, you will be 3 pints richer !
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by tktufc91 »

Thanks guys, with the singing section now in place, I will go for the £26 tickets in that section. Hope to see a few of you guys there.
Last edited by tktufc91 on 23 May 2011, 10:09, edited 1 time in total.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

i was going to go for £36, and now i don't know !!! i wonder if you can now pick your block, where you couldn't yesterday, or the only change is singing or not.

if i can get in WU204 or FAM206, i'd be happy with that, but if not, i'm going to go for singing - if i ever get through on the phone that is ;-)
Brady

I Wish I Was There
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by tktufc91 »

Right then, for those thinking of going in the Yellow Army section, £26 seats or £36 seats, where will you be?
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

Richinns wrote:There is not a bad view at Old Trafford. Stay with £26 singers.
Have you sat in the front rows behind the goal? You need to be at least 6 rows back in the WL blocks or you can forget about seeing anything in the other half...
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Regiment »

regiment0609 wrote:i was going to go for £36, and now i don't know !!! i wonder if you can now pick your block, where you couldn't yesterday, or the only change is singing or not.

if i can get in WU204 or FAM206, i'd be happy with that, but if not, i'm going to go for singing - if i ever get through on the phone that is ;-)
i have finally just got through and ordered my tickets, and went for the £36 ones. singing section is only 103 and 104 at the front behind the goal (£26). i asked for tickets in the blocks directly behind the singing section, so fingers crossed that's what i get !!
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I've gone for the cheaper tickets as I know most of the singers just won't be able to afford the more expensive option and I feel that's where most of them will go.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

I think I will go for the £36 but try and get into the sections behind the singing ones. I like a nice overall view of the game....at both ends so I'm thinking that the £26 might be a bit low for me. I stood in the back row, at Shrewsbury, and the view was brilliant. However, I don't want to be lumbered with the same, awful view, that we get at the Don Valley. Decisions decisions..
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Regiment »

as my boy is coming with me, and he's only 8, i figured if we ended up too close to the front, his view would be seriously compromised, particularly if everyone is standing, so that's really what swayed it for me. so long as we're behind the goal as requested, the atmosphere will be good, we'll join in and should have a decent view of the game.

probably not the right thread to ask, but while i'm here, any idea if any decisions have been made on prematch drinking points by the local rozzers ???
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I've heard they've allocated us the Samuel Platts

http://www.qype.co.uk/place/85959-Sam-Platts-Manchester" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I would rather have gone to the Trafford Arms personally but I was intending to do some research later about pubs and parking and putting a thread up. If you've got some time Brady then feel free :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
tommygull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by tommygull »

I just ordered my tickets for the £36 section. He told me that they are now up to WU2004 which is right in the middle I believe so phone now!
:( Tommy :)
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Regiment »

Southampton Gull wrote:I've heard they've allocated us the Samuel Platts

http://www.qype.co.uk/place/85959-Sam-Platts-Manchester" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I would rather have gone to the Trafford Arms personally but I was intending to do some research later about pubs and parking and putting a thread up. If you've got some time Brady then feel free :)
i'll ask around mate. got a few Man Utd mates who head up that way quite a lot, so i'll ask them. the trafford wouldve been good. excellent venue for a pre-match beer, and huge bar, so never a problem getting served when i've been there on match days before.
Brady

I Wish I Was There