De Silva Returns To QPR

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Probably left after listening to GJ post match interview.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

Not suprising when he is being played out of position, parent clubs want to see their players playing. All part of their education whilst helping us,
which he undoubtedly did. QPR are not stupid and have rightly called him back..........any chance of Sinclair Armstrong returning, now then I would fancy our chances of remaining in this league.
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

One less option then. Doubt we will get better from another loanee.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

Obviously fell out with GJ. Or else he's using him as the scapegoat for recent losses.
One player who can unlock defences and create, and we play him out of position.
Chelston TUFC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Chelston TUFC »

Fair play to the lad there was no lack of effort from him.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Agree with DevonBee, he is an out and out winger, not a wingback or chopped to play on the left or even in the back four, undoubtedly QPR keeps in regular contact with him and he only has to say this is turning into a shitshow , get me out of here and they will protect what is potentially a very good player. I bet he goes out again with a club that very strangely will play him on the wing.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Oh dear more bad news but played totally out of position. Knowing our luck Sinclair Armstrong will be back at Aldershot by Saturday.
thebigp1
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by thebigp1 »

culmstockgull wrote: 01 Mar 2023, 14:36 Agree with DevonBee, he is an out and out winger, not a wingback or chopped to play on the left or even in the back four, undoubtedly QPR keeps in regular contact with him and he only has to say this is turning into a shitshow , get me out of here and they will protect what is potentially a very good player. I bet he goes out again with a club that very strangely will play him on the wing.
Completely agree
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

It is bad enough trying to get players here in the 1st place, to then play them out of position with clueless dated hoofball tactics is criminal.
Imagine if Cardiff thought this is doing Keiron Evans no favours or Saints called back Nico. Frightening thought isn't it, but could happen !
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

somersetgull wrote: 01 Mar 2023, 17:33 A good lad. No doubt will be on loan to football league club by loan deadline day. Way to good for us. Totally lost with our long ball style.

Almost player of the season. Few qpr scouts there last night.

No wonder they have got him out of this mess and nonsense.

Might end up at Bromley.

Who do we keep to stay in the South next year.

Excatly no1.

Maybe Moxey as a coach as only footballing brain amongst the squad

Fairwell Dillon you are way to good for us.
As the great Brian Clough once said 'If God had wanted us to play football in the clouds, he'd have put grass up there '
Love Moxey but not as a coach here thank you
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

I think the recall of De Silva may have something to do with the appointment of Gareth Ainsworth as the new QPR manager. Maybe he just wants to have a closer look at the players he has inherited. Gary Johnson commented that we may see him again at a later date.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

somersetgull wrote: 01 Mar 2023, 17:33 A good lad. No doubt will be on loan to football league club by loan deadline day. Way to good for us. Totally lost with our long ball style.

Almost player of the season. Few qpr scouts there last night.

No wonder they have got him out of this mess and nonsense.

Might end up at Bromley.

Who do we keep to stay in the South next year.

Excatly no1.

Maybe Moxey as a coach as only footballing brain amongst the squad

Fairwell Dillon you are way to good for us.
Way off the mark as usual.
GA wants to look at him as he has received good reports of him during his time with us.
As for Moxey as coach - do me a favour - why not go the whole hog and ask for Hargreaves back....
As for the South thing, well were bound to be... Seeing as Torquay is on the South coast of England.....
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

I think the story about a new manager wants to run the rule over all his players is just that a story, and as for him returning I think that is a stretch too far, if there is another loan in the offing many clubs closer to his home will have him on their radar,besides why would he come back, so he can add a relegation to his CV. if Johnson ever attempts to say he has made him a better player then we finally know he is away with the fairies, he was a good player before he arrived and Johnson playing him all over the park has added nothing to his game, if anything it detracted from his threat.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

culmstockgull wrote: 03 Mar 2023, 12:25 I think the story about a new manager wants to run the rule over all his players is just that a story, and as for him returning I think that is a stretch too far, if there is another loan in the offing many clubs closer to his home will have him on their radar,besides why would he come back, so he can add a relegation to his CV. if Johnson ever attempts to say he has made him a better player then we finally know he is away with the fairies, he was a good player before he arrived and Johnson playing him all over the park has added nothing to his game, if anything it detracted from his threat.
Unfortunately, like the other poster - you are wrong.
It isn't just a "story" as this morning I have spoken with someone who has worked with GA as a coach previously.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468