5,000 sold

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
DavetheRave
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Chris Zebroski

5,000 sold

Post by DavetheRave »

according to this recent article ....I would have thought we would have taken about three times that. Why the slow take up?? Is there any particular reason?

Leader Zebroski can play key role in League Two Play-Off Final - http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/sport ... ticle.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

DavetheRave wrote:according to this recent article ....I would have thought we would have taken about three times that. Why the slow take up?? Is there any particular reason?

Leader Zebroski can play key role in League Two Play-Off Final - http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/sport ... ticle.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Because they don't have the capacity to process bigger numbers with the poor level of organisation employed by the Club!
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

...And because there isn't actually much demand.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
DavetheRave
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Chris Zebroski

Post by DavetheRave »

There should be!!!
Are they all half asleep in Torquay???
The recent finals at Wembley have seen 20,000 gulls there though??
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

in other threads mate, people cant afford it, its on sky, we only get 2,700 average, its a long way away, its not wembley, its a bank holiday weekend, transport costs vast, theres a recession and its devons favourite side, man utd in champions league final in evening, thats enough reasons i think!!

still incredible that twice our average home gate could be there 280 miles from plainmoor i think?
still keeping the faith
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

I think the Stevenage Chairman has summed it up pretty well here

http://www.stevenagefc.com/page/LatestN ... 70,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TUST #324
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

DavetheRave wrote:There should be!!!
Are they all half asleep in Torquay???
The recent finals at Wembley have seen 20,000 gulls there though??
I don't think so. 20,000 in total perhaps, with the majority from the opposition. I'd have expected 8,000 as a bare minimum, with 10,000 being what we could realistically hope for. To be significantly lower than that is a poor effort.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

On the positive side;

1) We'll be the bigger club for a change.
2) Well done to the travelling gulls, Stevenage Chairman says they'd take 15000 if it was at Wembley, well, so would we if Wembley was in Plymouth!!
3) You''ll be able to move to a better seat if you dont like yours.
TUST #324
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

that stevenage article just shows how out of touch people at the football league and MUFC are from the real world, do they not realise that we ordinary fans reel at having to pay £20 to get into bradford and chesterfield, whu on earth do they think many of us will be interested in paying up to £56 for a ticket?? just because OT gets filled with 80,000 every week doesnt mean that we'll be doing the same. hopefully the next days final should have a reasonable crowd, at least treble ours i imagine (because of hudders huge turnout?) but stadium will be 3/4 full at best.

good to hear that cheap seat been extended but theres only tomorrow to go to buy tickets before the inevitable announcement that tickets will be sold on the day

the championship final will be close to a sell out if figures quoted on both clubs OS are to be believed, just a quick drive along the m4 for both clubs, and it is, of course, the officially recognised 'biggest game in the world' to secure promotion to the riches of the premiership
Last edited by bixieupnorth on 26 May 2011, 13:48, edited 2 times in total.
still keeping the faith
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

but the championship final is at wembley....right? so it would attract more people.

just because its on sky I don't see why that should stop people IF they can afford it then enjoy a day out that is likely to be the last time torquay play at old trafford! :)
Last edited by Yellow4life on 26 May 2011, 15:35, edited 1 time in total.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

From that article it would appear that you CAN buy them on the day despite what we're being told.

I think that would be the sensible option, but is anyone miffed that the cheap tickets are now being increased?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

numpte wrote:I think the Stevenage Chairman has summed it up pretty well here

http://www.stevenagefc.com/page/LatestN ... 70,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
He's absolutely correct. The football authorites that decided to put the League 2 and BSP finals in Manchester are just the most clueless people on the planet. They probably post on Exeweb.

Derby and Leicester would have done once Wembley had decided to put the FL into touch and wriggle out of their agreement for the champions League £Â£Ã‚£Ã‚£'s. 30,000 capacity stadia in the middle of the country, everyone's a winner. That's if the venue has to be decided before the playoff finalists are known. IF it was possible and a bit more time was placed before the semi's - final you could have played this fixture at Reading, been ideal. Playing the BSP fnal at Eastlands equally ludicrous. One of the midland grounds - ideal.

Manchester for Torquay and Stevenage with a week to sort out tickets and travel. Absolutely ludicrous.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Imagine Branstonbauers face if he had the chance to lead the team out at Leicester? I'm aware he isn't captain but he would have deserved being given that honour if it was played up there.
Dave

royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

The players won't mind and will probably love to play at OT, only thing is it's not going to be like the telly. There are going to be 60,000 empty seats. it's going to look shit.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

We'll just have to make more noise.
Dave