Players looking for a club

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tufctillidie
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Luke Young

Players looking for a club

Post by tufctillidie »

http://www.givemefootball.com/pfa-trans ... ame&page=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Any players on the list that people would want to see at plainmoor next season?
Keep Calm. Support Torquay United
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

Not that I want him at Torquay necessarily, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Sean Canham at Torquay next season.
miltonkeynesgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by miltonkeynesgull »

I'll throw a name in for what it's worth...

If Stanley doesn't sign, I'd love to see us try and sign Scott Davies. Young midfielder released by Reading, on loan at Aldershot in our first season in the BSP (scored a belter for them at Plainmoor) and on loan at Wycombe and Brizzle Rovers this season just gone. Whether we'd afford his wages is one thing, and Wycombe and Exeter are sniffing around him apparently, but a very decent player at this level.
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

I can't comment on some of the youth from premiership teams as i've never seen them play. I bet there are some promising players there though, Kieran Agard's a pretty quick striker.

I'd have a look at:
Ben Burgess, Jake Cole, Liam Davis, Owain fon Williams, Alan Gow, Ashley Grimes, Liam Head, Patrick Hoban, Chris Holroyd, Rene Howe, Steve Irwin, Paul Jones, Richie Jones, JP Kalala, Jimmy Keohane, Mark Laird, Mark McCammon, Jack Midson, Lewis Montrose, Marvin Morgan, Samuel Morrow, Kieran Murtagh, Abdul Osman, Tom Pope, Rob Purdie, Mark Randall, Bas Savage, Luke Summerfield, James Vincent, Daniel Woodards, Calvin Zola.

Quite an interesting read through actually, seeing the players released.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Ashley Grimes and Chris Holroyd would be good.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Who would i Like to se.
Well it wouldnt go down well with Brizzle fans but Nathan Ellington for striker but doubt we could afford him or Rory Fallon, now that would be a feather in our caps
Martin Devany who used to be the engine room of Cheltenham
I think Craig Disley could do a good job
Mark Cooper is a young player who i would sign as one for the future. I saw him turn Liverpool defenders inside and out when Rovers had Liverpool in the FA Touth Cup and Liverpool had only 3 players in that team who were not Internationals in U21 teams. He showed a maturity beyond his years and deserves a second crack at the whip
Jack Midsons been released and Kevin Lisbie from ipswich
james scowcroft
I am also surprsed to see Ivan Sproule released from the Sheedheads He would be brilliant up front with Ellington or Rory Fallon
Wayne Thomas would shore up our defense and be a good replacement if Guy Branston goes hes intelligent and leads by example.
I can only dream can't I
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

I quite rate Marvin Morgan, could be the answer to our big-man options. Might end up back at Dagenham though, i suppose?
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Disley and Midson are good shouts too.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

Sproule is at Hibs on quite a bit of money I reckon. One thing for sure is that there are loads of players up for grabs, but getting any of them (especially the best of them) to come to Torquay is a harder task.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Disley is in the same book as no show wroe to me, promised potentail but showed little
bc-gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Pearce

Post by bc-gull »

Calvin Zola? Yes please ;-)
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Disley is a crock.

Would take Marvin Morgan, Jake Cole, Lewis Montrose. Other than that depends who stays and who goes. We might need a centre half if Branno goes, we might need a centre mid if O Kane goes etc.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

Marvin Morgan or Calvin Zola would certainly fit into our target man shaped mould. Also think Ashley Grimes would be a good signing, don't know alot about the fella but he scores a few. I think it was Jon brain in goal at the end of last season when we beat Macclesfield 1-0 at plainmoor? He was on fire that day, is he normally that good? if so he'd definitely be welcome.

Mark creighton, is he still at Oxford? Would he be worth a look at if branston goes to rovers?
The gulls are going up
doogull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: E. O kane

Post by doogull »

I do believe that Darryl Duffy was released from the gasheads could we afford him as he is very usefull
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

yellowforever wrote:I can't comment on some of the youth from premiership teams as i've never seen them play. I bet there are some promising players there though, Kieran Agard's a pretty quick striker.

I'd have a look at:
Ben Burgess, Jake Cole, Liam Davis, Owain fon Williams, Alan Gow, Ashley Grimes, Liam Head, Patrick Hoban, Chris Holroyd, Rene Howe, Steve Irwin, Paul Jones, Richie Jones, JP Kalala, Jimmy Keohane, Mark Laird, Mark McCammon, Jack Midson, Lewis Montrose, Marvin Morgan, Samuel Morrow, Kieran Murtagh, Abdul Osman, Tom Pope, Rob Purdie, Mark Randall, Bas Savage, Luke Summerfield, James Vincent, Daniel Woodards, Calvin Zola.

Quite an interesting read through actually, seeing the players released.
Where, exactly, do you buy your crack, it must be strong. :clap:

This guy allowed Elliott Benyon to stick three past him in a little over an hour, can you IMAGINE what would happen if we signed him and he had to face actually footballers with some talent?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"