Fans forum

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Fans forum

Post by diamondgirl »

Do you think it might be helpful if the board held a "fans forum"? I'm not, for one moment, suggesting that we should, as fans, make any decisions but it might be helpful, to the board, if they had the views of the supporters. Might give them things to think about, which they might not think about, if that makes sense.
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Maybe. It would be nice to know that they have a plan going forward. At the moment, we are at a crucial time in the season, we are already behind for having been in the playoffs and we have no guiding hand with PB gone. We need someone to come up with a plan, and damn quick, otherwise the holiday period will be over, and the real bidding will start in earnest and we will find ourselves without Branno and Eunan et al and with no real idea of how to replace them or with whom.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
andygull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by andygull »

Agree with ferrari, we need to get the new man in damn quick so he can get used to the feeling of the club (if he's not a previous torquay player / manager ) and start looking at the squad and preparing for next season. I'm not saying that i want the board to rush into a decision just for the sake of filling the position but surely they knew that Bucks was going weeks ago and should have already been drawing up shortlists for the job. Then again this is Torquay United.........
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Glad to see you've cheered up some Andy. I knew it couldn't last long. :~D

I'd love to believe that the board already know their man and will appoint him on Thursday.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
andygull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by andygull »

Yeah sorry about saturdays shenanigans, it hit me really hard and i'd had a few too many also. Cold light of day now lets be positive, get behind the new bloke and anticipate the new season. Lets see how it goes. I'll be there anyway at most away games and some home so COYY!!
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

ferrarilover wrote:Maybe. It would be nice to know that they have a plan going forward. At the moment, we are at a crucial time in the season, we are already behind for having been in the playoffs and we have no guiding hand with PB gone. We need someone to come up with a plan, and damn quick, otherwise the holiday period will be over, and the real bidding will start in earnest and we will find ourselves without Branno and Eunan et al and with no real idea of how to replace them or with whom. Matt.
Why would we find ourselves without " Branno and Eunan et al". The only ones not contracted to the club are Branners, Bevs & Stevens? (Potter having moved for 1st team action)... Eunan and the rest of the full timers are under contract for next season. If you mean Stanley, he's pondering the offer from Morecambe. Robinson TBH im not that convinced by. With hindsight, I have to agree with most of the comments when we signed him, from the shrews that visit us. Great at times but drifts out of games too often (bit like Danny really).
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by diamondgirl »

They may be under contract but that might not stop BR (Or anyone else) from making an approach. If they offer enough money then I guess our board will have no other option than to accept. It's a catch 22 situation really. We get decent players, and hope to build a promotion winning team around them, but because we need money, at the club, we end up having to sell them. Not saying that the likes of Manse, Nicho or Robbo are not decent enough players, but we just need that little extra something to push on.
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by diamondgirl »

andygull wrote:Yeah sorry about saturdays shenanigans, it hit me really hard and i'd had a few too many also. Cold light of day now lets be positive, get behind the new bloke and anticipate the new season. Lets see how it goes. I'll be there anyway at most away games and some home so COYY!!
I love this word. I would use all excuses possible to include it in a sentence. :lol: COYY
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Fletch wrote:, I have to agree with most of the comments when we signed him, from the shrews that visit us. Great at times but drifts out of games too often (bit like Danny really).
It might have helped if he was played in his best position.

He did enough for for me in his time here to show he's a quality player at this level. He was immense against us up there too.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... henanigans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

we can assault the owners with brooms!!
still keeping the faith
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Fletch wrote: Why would we find ourselves without " Branno and Eunan et al". The only ones not contracted to the club are Branners, Bevs & Stevens? (Potter having moved for 1st team action)... Eunan and the rest of the full timers are under contract for next season. If you mean Stanley, he's pondering the offer from Morecambe. Robinson TBH im not that convinced by. With hindsight, I have to agree with most of the comments when we signed him, from the shrews that visit us. Great at times but drifts out of games too often (bit like Danny really).
That is harsh in the extreme!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."