Shane Duff

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
LeroyTUFC2011
New Signing
New Signing

Shane Duff

Post by LeroyTUFC2011 »

What a LAD
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Ok, I have obviously missed something here, and curiosity has now killed the cat, who is Shane Duff?
Formerly known as forevertufc
MuzDog
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by MuzDog »

forevertufc wrote:Ok, I have obviously missed something here, and curiosity has now killed the cat, who is Shane Duff?
He's a 29-year-old central defender who has been released by Bradford City but made his name for Cheltenham. Not sure what this thread is suggesting either!
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

He scored the goal against Huddersfield in 2004 that sent us up!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Ah,Now it is begining to make sense,well if the suggestion is for us to sign this lad,my response to that is ; if was in the Bradford team that was ripped a new a-hole by us,then no thank you.

If he was not deemed good enough to play in that Bradford team roundly and completely stuffed by us,then no thank you.

Or if Leroytufc is just bigging up a lad who once help us to promotion then fair do's,however thats history and it did our club no good in the end.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

forevertufc wrote:Ok, I have obviously missed something here, and curiosity has now killed the cat, who is Shane Duff?
Ahhhh. You are probably to young to remember the promotion under Leroy Rosenior. Wow what a season. The most positive brilliant attacking football we had seen in many a year and culminating in that famous match at the end of the season where we needed that win to go up and then hope other teams results went our way.
All sat with baited breath for the start with well over 1,000 fans having made the journey to Sarfend. The away stand was nigh on full and we had the likes of Ells Bells and all the famous fans there.
The match started at a frantic pace with us almost laying seige to their goal. David Graham and I can't remember who else scored to give us a 2-0 lead and we looked in all probability as if we would just miss out as Huddersfield were in the lead at Cheltenham.
Sarfend made us a little uncomfortable toward the end of the match by scoring but we held on to a memorable win. Ells bells bless er little heart kept us informed of what was happening elswhere and with Huddersfield winning ast Cheltenham things didn't look too good for us untill at the death Shane Duff came toward their goal and let fly with a 25 yarder from an angle and it flew into the net giving Cheltenham a draw but more importantly meant that Huddersfiled lost 2 points and we had the one goal difference that gave us promotion. Shane Duff was very much the Hero that day and I long remember us singing the praises of Shane Duff for months after.
If he came to the Gulls he would be a hero even if he was too old for us.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Many thanks Glostergull,i do remember it well,sadly i had forgten the name of the lad who scored for Cheltenham that day,but whatever i still do not get the relevance of this thread.

I would prefer to think that promotion was gained from what our team did that season,and not one goal scored by another team,and like i said above did our club no good in the end,as we went backwards at a great rate of knots after that.
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

Best not to mention 'Bamber's right foot' then?

or Bryn for that matter..... :)
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

yellow wrote:Best not to mention 'Bamber's right foot' then?

or Bryn for that matter..... :)
Ah,yellow me old mate,how are you? Nothing wrong with good memories or casting your mind back over them from time to time,not wishing to cause offence,however i just do not see the point or relevance bringing up this particular good memory now.

Yes the club have been promoted a few times in its history,been relegated aswell,the past is the past,being honest,i am more concerned about the now,right at this moment.
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

Forza

It s all very well living in the present but I never pass up the opportunity of having a good memory about TUFC. It counter-balances all the bad ones...!

However as you say it might not be that relevant.

I wonder whether Jim McNichols leg wound healed without a scar.... :)
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

yellow wrote:Forza

It s all very well living in the present but I never pass up the opportunity of having a good memory about TUFC. It counter-balances all the bad ones...!

However as you say it might not be that relevant.

I wonder whether Jim McNichols leg wound healed without a scar.... :)
Yep Tufc once had a great striker called Stubbs,and missed out on promotion to what we now know as the championship on goal difference,even saw 20,000 attendance on two occasions.

However live for the now ,live for the moment ,me old yellow