Craig Stanley/Twitter

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Craig Stanley/Twitter

Post by diamondgirl »

Did anyone see , on Twitter, last night.

Manse7 to Stanner6 Congrats on your move to rovers. Well done mate going to miss your narcotic addictions.
Stanner6 to Manse7 Yes manse my diabetes is going well mate cheers 4 asking. Thanks mate glad its sorted now any chance u joining us?
Manse7 to Stanner6 he's got enough midfielders!!
Stanner6 to Manse7 Well u can play right back too! U can never to many midfielders.
Manse7 to Stanner6 hopefully never again mate! No worries mate enjoyed playing alongside you hopefully in future our paths will cross

Thanks Stanley! We are having enough problems with our ex-manager raiding our club. We don't need you putting the boot in as well. :slap:
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

yeah, saw that diamond. hopefully that's good news, as i'm guessing Manse is one of our players that won't miss PB too much. probably looking forward to the new guy coming in and playing him in his (and our) preferred position !!
Brady

I Wish I Was There
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

He also said nobody would have him and nicho would miss him too much! Don't think he'll be leaving just yet
The gulls are going up
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by diamondgirl »

Regi. That was the impession that I got, from Manse's reply. He did not enjoy playing at right back and much preferes to stick to the midfield. To be honest, as good a job as he did , I won't be sorry to see him playing the "bulldog" role, in his preferred position, and a PROPER right back. Thats one of the things that I won't miss about Buckle...playing men out of position. Billy Kee a winger.... I don't think so!
Bigman
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Bigman »

I also saw somewhere in Manse's twittering that him and Nicho are what Torquay are built on - suggests some affinity for the club and that they're not going anywhere (I hope).
doogull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: E. O kane

Post by doogull »

with regards to the twitter thing it seem's mansell was not a buckle fan and as posted on other topics buckle is a great man-manager well yes he probally is but the problem with being a great man-manager is you will become like marmite as in any workplace not everyone likes everyone.
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

I would probably say that Mansell is probably the least likely player to leave this summer?
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by diamondgirl »

doogull. But Buckle is NOT a great, or even good, man - manager. How many players have left because they had a "disagreement" with him. I can think, off the top of my head, of 4 plus there is, at least 1, who is still at the club and must be "over the moon" that Buckle has left to manage a "Bigger" team.

I had always liked Buckle and, IMHO, has done a decent job for TUFC, but his recent actions have left me very angry, the way he went to BR BEFORE the play off semi's against the Shrews was out of order and, I think, just about sums up his character. Me, Me Me. One can't help but look at Eddie Howe. He left Ballmouth with his dignity intact and is still "loved, and respected, by a majority of Ballmouth fans. :bow: Thats because he did it the right way and didn't bite the hand that feed him.

Sorry, I know I am going over old ground, and we have to move on so Rant over (For the time being) o:)
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by diamondgirl »

yellowforever wrote:I would probably say that Mansell is probably the least likely player to leave this summer?
Hope so. He's a rock, in midfield and a good captain.
Gashead1979
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Gashead1979 »

diamondgirl wrote:doogull. But Buckle is NOT a great, or even good, man - manager. How many players have left because they had a "disagreement" with him. I can think, off the top of my head, of 4 plus there is, at least 1, who is still at the club and must be "over the moon" that Buckle has left to manage a "Bigger" team.

I had always liked Buckle and, IMHO, has done a decent job for TUFC, but his recent actions have left me very angry, the way he went to BR BEFORE the play off semi's against the Shrews was out of order and, I think, just about sums up his character. Me, Me Me. One can't help but look at Eddie Howe. He left Ballmouth with his dignity intact and is still "loved, and respected, by a majority of Ballmouth fans. :bow: Thats because he did it the right way and didn't bite the hand that feed him.

Sorry, I know I am going over old ground, and we have to move on so Rant over (For the time being) o:)

Bit earlier than the play offs, Buckle applied for the job in January when we opted for Penney.

I don't think it will have affected your preperation for the play off games anyway. Your lot beat imo the best team in the play offs easily enough and just choked at OT. Whether Buckle had agreed to come here or not he'd have wanted another promotion on his CV and gave his all......
TUFC92
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by TUFC92 »

diamondgirl wrote:doogull. But Buckle is NOT a great, or even good, man - manager. How many players have left because they had a "disagreement" with him. I can think, off the top of my head, of 4 plus there is, at least 1, who is still at the club and must be "over the moon" that Buckle has left to manage a "Bigger" team.

Have to say that I don't agree with that. Yeah, Buckle had a lot of disagreements with players, but, how many have ended up in the same league or higher? The only one I can think of would be Matt Green, but he's absolute shite.

I think you could see that a lot of the players wanted to play for Buckle, and while he made the wrong decisions tactically in games, he got some huge decisions right too (Hargreaves, Sills, Woods etc) that he was all criticised for, a lot. Still hate him as much as the next person though :lol:

As for Mansell, can't see Manse leaving unless he is pushed out. Same with Nicho, I think they've grown to love the club as much as we all do, and I can see both of them finishing their careers here.
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by diamondgirl »

Fair enough, TUFC92. I accept what you say. :lol:
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

Craig Stanley certainly seems thrilled to have joined a 'big club'

New Pirates' signing Craig Stanley was with Paul Buckle at Torquay at the end of last season. The 28-year-old midfielder moved to the Devon side on loan from Morecambe, and told us it was a very quick turnaround: "I knew about the interest about a week ago," he said.

"Once I more-or-less knew there was a firm offer on the table, and the chance to work with Paul again, that swayed my decision.

"Moving to Torquay's probably been the best move for me in my career so far, and I've probably played my best football at Plainmoor.

"Partly that's been down to the gaffer, and probably helped with making my decision to come and play for a big club like Bristol Rovers.

"Getting back to League One has got to be the aim for us this year."

If you want to listen to his interview http://southwest.thebreeze.com/news/bri ... ers-6205/#
DavetheRave
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Chris Zebroski

Post by DavetheRave »

Gashead1979 wrote:
Bit earlier than the play offs, Buckle applied for the job in January when we opted for Penney.

I don't think it will have affected your preperation for the play off games anyway. Your lot beat imo the best team in the play offs easily enough and just choked at OT. Whether Buckle had agreed to come here or not he'd have wanted another promotion on his CV and gave his all......

Believe this to be a fair assessment of the Buckle/Play offs/departure period
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

There were rumours that he was off ot Bristol before the Shrews games. Perhaps it became more definite (as far as the players were concerned) in the week leading up to the final? I don't think the players just choked. They looked like their minds were elswhere.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."