New Stadium

General chat about anything else goes here.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

New Stadium

Post by Glostergull »

The Big news up here today is Rovers have unveiled new plans for a stadium out by the ring road.Seeing they have shafted us and left su in the lurch. wouldn't it be funny if we all went for walks on the field proposed for their new stadium and then put in a claim for Town green status which would prevent them building it.
City have fallen to that trick and I can just see the City fans laughing to themselves.
Rovers announce yet another new stadium. The fourth and not one has yet been built or rebuilt
They have now opened themselves up to ridicule again. Maybe we'll see justice served after all when it all crashes down around their ears
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Definitely worth a mention to Kinky John Fowler, get all the city fans out there!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
gashead josh

Post by gashead josh »

Bit of a harsh post. Can understand your frustrations re what has gone on with Buckle and also some of the idiots that have posted crap on here.

I for one hope City get their ground too, the council are a joke and hold any developments up in the city. Glosgull you'll be fully aware of the music arena being proposed on the land around Temple Meads which subsequently got rejected. There's also been many transport ideas thrown out even though they're majorly needed. The city has fallen behind the times in every aspect.

There's zero chance of village green status being applied in the same away as City as it's private Uni campus not greenbelt or public land. They massively support it as do South Glos council who are desperate for a sporting arena to be built in their area. The biggest drawback could be Sainsburys gaining dual purpose planning permission at the current site as that falls in Bristol City Council. Mainly because the stadium has a covenant stating it's for sports purpose, aswell as the fact there's a war memorial on the site for Bristol rugby players that lost their lives in the war.

It's a shame what's gone on between our club and yours because I've always loved visiting Plainmoor, have many friends there and hope there isn't too many of a negative atmosphere when we meet this season. I do wish our fans would stop posting comments on your forum trying to wind you up or mention the size of clubs etc.

I wish you luck for the season and hope you appoint the right manager.
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Roberts

Post by BritishGAS »

Glostergull wrote:The Big news up here today is Rovers have unveiled new plans for a stadium out by the ring road.Seeing they have shafted us and left su in the lurch. wouldn't it be funny if we all went for walks on the field proposed for their new stadium and then put in a claim for Town green status which would prevent them building it.
City have fallen to that trick and I can just see the City fans laughing to themselves.
Rovers announce yet another new stadium. The fourth and not one has yet been built or rebuilt
They have now opened themselves up to ridicule again. Maybe we'll see justice served after all when it all crashes down around their ears
Well done Gloster Gull, Feel better now?

Idiot!!!

Like I have said many times, I have always had a soft spot for Torquay, but it steadily evaporating with people like you spouting crap like this.

It is similar to Yeovil, getting carried away.

Instead of venting your anger towards us, Why dont you show just as much passion and fight into your club, instead of trying to mock us for showing a bit of ambition for ours.

I have heard it all now.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by cambgull »

BritishGAS wrote:Well done Gloster Gull, Feel better now?

Idiot!!!

Like I have said many times, I have always had a soft spot for Torquay, but it steadily evaporating with people like you spouting crap like this.

It is similar to Yeovil, getting carried away.

Instead of venting your anger towards us, Why dont you show just as much passion and fight into your club, instead of trying to mock us for showing a bit of ambition for ours.

I have heard it all now.
Firstly, you got his name wrong.

Secondly, you call him an "idiot!!!"... merely proving that you aren't capable of making your point without using three exclamation marks. This is usually quite a good indication as to the identity of an idiot.

Thirdly, if you have a soft spot for Torquay and you see this dwindling away, perhaps it is your (and others) presence on the forum which causes our forum users to feel the need to 'get back' at the Bristol Rovers fans who have shown us quite a bit of disrespect at times since you (they) have been visiting the forum.

Fourthly, the reason we have vented our anger towards you is because the comments made by your fellow fans (and I believe you have used the 'we're bigger than you' card at least once) have riled up our fans and caused us to retaliate. Quite a few of these forum users (including myself) have never really had many dealings with Bristol Rovers fans in the past and had always considered it to be a friendly rivalry, which in the most part, it is. However, the attitude of your fellow fans towards us has been... ungracious at best. I for one now think that the general population of Bristol Rovers fans are d*cks.

I have said it nicely in the Zebroski thread and this will be the last time I'll say it nicely again. The debates have been great at times but before both sides start doing damage to the relationship between the two clubs, it is about time you leave. What has happened, has happened and it is now time for both clubs to move on. We have a new manager soon to be announced and a new start for the club and it is fair to say, you guys are very much in the same boat. I think it is now time for us both to be concentrating on our own clubs.

Of course, you are more than welcome to come back here before the 2 games between us next season. But just leave, before you tarnish our relationships.
Luke.

BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by BritishGAS »

cambgull wrote: Firstly, you got his name wrong.

Secondly, you call him an "idiot!!!"... merely proving that you aren't capable of making your point without using three exclamation marks. This is usually quite a good indication as to the identity of an idiot.

Thirdly, if you have a soft spot for Torquay and you see this dwindling away, perhaps it is your (and others) presence on the forum which causes our forum users to feel the need to 'get back' at the Bristol Rovers fans who have shown us quite a bit of disrespect at times since you (they) have been visiting the forum.

Fourthly, the reason we have vented our anger towards you is because the comments made by your fellow fans (and I believe you have used the 'we're bigger than you' card at least once) have riled up our fans and caused us to retaliate. Quite a few of these forum users (including myself) have never really had many dealings with Bristol Rovers fans in the past and had always considered it to be a friendly rivalry, which in the most part, it is. However, the attitude of your fellow fans towards us has been... ungracious at best. I for one now think that the general population of Bristol Rovers fans are d*cks.

I have said it nicely in the Zebroski thread and this will be the last time I'll say it nicely again. The debates have been great at times but before both sides start doing damage to the relationship between the two clubs, it is about time you leave. What has happened, has happened and it is now time for both clubs to move on. We have a new manager soon to be announced and a new start for the club and it is fair to say, you guys are very much in the same boat. I think it is now time for us both to be concentrating on our own clubs.

Of course, you are more than welcome to come back here before the 2 games between us next season. But just leave, before you tarnish our relationships.
Firstly, Pedantic people are usually morons.

Secondly, I called him an idiot!!! Because that is what he is making himself be, by posting such, bitter, jealous bullsh*t. Why would he laugh at our ambition to build a state of the art stadium?

Thirdly, why would you need to get back at me? I actually like genuine banter and have had quite a lot with some Gulls fans, I even put a wager on yesterday of £500, which will go to a cause that I believe is close to Torquay Uniteds hearts, I have also shot down fellow Gasheads for coming on here and giving it the big one. I really do not get this sudden animosity? Several Torquay fans have been made welcome on our forum, I know one is a user on here called Hector, he came on our forum and was recieved well, I dont see the problem if it is just general banter, Obviously there are always a few who spoil it. This got me though, I must admit,Just because I questioned your reason for trying to mock us for actually showing some ambition and wishing our team some success, I was shot down and ridiculed for being delude and arrogant again by some Gulls fans, Yet a thread is on your main forum regarding the same thing, but is full of sensible debate, In which every Gulls fan is in agreement, Funny that? I dont see how you think I have disrespected Torquay.

Fourthly, I dont think I have ever mentioned the "bigger than you" card, If I have then I apologise, but what makes me laugh most, Is that all you Gulls fans play the "Little old Torquay" card, yet you get all emotional when you think other clubs fans call you that? I mean seriously what is that? I think even your own fans are discussing that on your main forum? I dont see how you can justify calling us ungracious and dicks?

Of course Torquay fans are always welcome on our forum whenever they please, Good old fashioned banter is rife on our forum.

My advice for Gulls fans getting in a huff about us, Is pump your chest out, Man up and look to the future!!!!...After all we are a "nothing" club I recall a lot of you saying.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

BritishGAS wrote: Firstly, Pedantic people are usually morons.
Absolutely true. But at least I'm a moron with good grammar and spelling.

FYI, you didn't need to capitalise "Pedantic" after the comma there :lol: :) =D
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

One person said that you were a 'nothing club' as I recall, we shouldn't all be judged on one post.
Calling someone an idiot is a bit uncalled for, from either side. Now play nice everyone please, I'm sure many of us are a bit bored of all this now.
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by BritishGAS »

happytorq wrote: Absolutely true. But at least I'm a moron with good grammar and spelling.

FYI, you didn't need to capitalise "Pedantic" after the comma there :lol: :) =D
**** hell, I am not writing an essay for an English degree.

Sorry sir, I promise not to make such schoolboy errors in future.

Like I said, pedantic people, (even with good grammar and spelling) are morons. You have indeed proven my point conclusively.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by happytorq »

BritishGAS wrote:**** hell, I am not writing an essay for an English degree.

Sorry sir, I promise not to make such schoolboy errors in future.

Like I said, pedantic people, (even with good grammar and spelling) are morons. You have indeed proven my point conclusively.

This just in - Bristolians also not good at irony.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by BritishGAS »

happytorq wrote:
This just in - Bristolians also not good at irony.
Neither are Devonians, obviously.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by cambgull »

BritishGAS wrote: Firstly, Pedantic people are usually morons.

Secondly, I called him an idiot!!! Because that is what he is making himself be, by posting such, bitter, jealous bullsh*t. Why would he laugh at our ambition to build a state of the art stadium?

Thirdly, why would you need to get back at me? I actually like genuine banter and have had quite a lot with some Gulls fans, I even put a wager on yesterday of £500, which will go to a cause that I believe is close to Torquay Uniteds hearts, I have also shot down fellow Gasheads for coming on here and giving it the big one. I really do not get this sudden animosity? Several Torquay fans have been made welcome on our forum, I know one is a user on here called Hector, he came on our forum and was recieved well, I dont see the problem if it is just general banter, Obviously there are always a few who spoil it. This got me though, I must admit,Just because I questioned your reason for trying to mock us for actually showing some ambition and wishing our team some success, I was shot down and ridiculed for being delude and arrogant again by some Gulls fans, Yet a thread is on your main forum regarding the same thing, but is full of sensible debate, In which every Gulls fan is in agreement, Funny that? I dont see how you think I have disrespected Torquay.

Fourthly, I dont think I have ever mentioned the "bigger than you" card, If I have then I apologise, but what makes me laugh most, Is that all you Gulls fans play the "Little old Torquay" card, yet you get all emotional when you think other clubs fans call you that? I mean seriously what is that? I think even your own fans are discussing that on your main forum? I dont see how you can justify calling us ungracious and dicks?

Of course Torquay fans are always welcome on our forum whenever they please, Good old fashioned banter is rife on our forum.

My advice for Gulls fans getting in a huff about us, Is pump your chest out, Man up and look to the future!!!!...After all we are a "nothing" club I recall a lot of you saying.
Firstly, completely wrong. Pedantic people are generally quite intelligent but tend to be complete ar*eholes when they want to be. I definitely consider myself to be in that category!

Secondly, the ambition to build a new stadium is fantastic and I applaud you for doing it. I read it in a 'shame it'll never happen' way.

Thirdly, we're not getting back at you personally, I'm using the ol' royal 'we' in this case, refering to the BR fans who have come on here as a whole. You are quite a good poster, as is friendlygas. Other than you two, the good posters are few and far between. It is always going to be easier for a Torquay fan to go onto the BR forum as it is Torquay who are the ones who feel down trodden in this situation. Just imagine it from our perspective for one moment. We have lost our manager, some of our better players and most of our backroom staff to you, of course there are going to be some people who are negative towards you and your team. Whether you are a good poster or not is fairly irrelevant, you have Gas at the end of your name and will always be a target for abuse. People have different ways of reacting to bad news too, think outside the forum and look to your friends and those that you know. Some people laugh it off, some people consider it in great detail and come out with a calm response, some people get very defensive and attempt to defend themselves by attacking.

The last point is really the most crucial one, the way that people react to situations are completely different which is why you've had some positive responses, as well as childish and needless responses. The problem is that you don't seem to realise that by being here, you are causing a problem, whether your posts are positive or not. This is either something you haven't realised or are choosing to ignore.

I'll try and put it into some kind of metaphor. Just imagine your wife had gone off with another bloke and taken the kids too. That bloke then came over to your house to have a reasoned conversation with you about various things. This bloke is a bit better looking than you, has a bit more money and at times can be fairly smug about it. Either way, he's still shagging the same woman you were, but now he wants to be all buddy buddy. It's going to p*ss you off a bit wouldn't it?

As for the 'bigger than you' card, I'm pretty sure I remember you using it when you first joined (perhaps not intentionally but it was there) and were shot down fairly quickly. Only reason I remember was because you were one of the first to join.

I don't think any of our fans ever play the 'smaller than you' card. We realise we are a small club and will (un)happily admit to that. The problem is when our noses are rubbed in it by other fans. It's kinda like the 'N' word!

Anyway, bored of typing this long post now. As I have said before, you are one of the better posters and if it were you and friendlygas alone, I don't think many would mind. The problem are the morons that have also joined, merely to goad and wind up our fans and the ones who came for reasoned debate but ended up spending an entire post telling us how small we are.
Luke.

Kinky John Fowler
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Kinky John Fowler »

cambgull wrote:Definitely worth a mention to Kinky John Fowler, get all the city fans out there!
I wouldnt have a problem taking my cat for a walk around 'Frenchay Village Green' mate, the only difficulty is that it is a hell of a long way out of Bristol
I dont know if Badgerline even go that far. =D

(*) (*) (*) (*) WARNING (*) (*) (*) (*)

The blue touch paper has been lit...

Imminant Gas Explosion! <!> <!> <!>

KJF, One Team In Bristol
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

as i posted on the wht buckle left thread

that ground will be as much use/full as darlingtons is!! :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468