Bristol Rovers Away Game (Yellow Pride!)

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ChertseyGull
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Zebs.

Bristol Rovers Away Game (Yellow Pride!)

Post by ChertseyGull »

Regardless of what happens on opening day of the season at home, let's get as many gulls as we can to the Bristol game and show we are proud to be Torquay fans!

A lot has been said about Buckle, the players which have left, the players that have come in, the new boss, the board, most of it negative or if you prefer constructive critism! No doubt the ship is sailing in rocky waters, what better way to steady it than to unite as TUFC fans have always done, get the vocal cords going at the Gas and get a crucial away win and 3 points! Getting one over Bucks, the players that have jumped shisp and the select few Gas fans on these boards with perhaps less than the best intentions will just be an added bonus!

Not backing the team now and not voting with your feet by going to Bristol could cost us the points and create an uphill challenge for the rest of the season.

Come on guys, Torquay till we die! :clap:
Warwickgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: HOWE

Post by Warwickgull »

Huge banner should be made for that game "TORQUAY 1ST ELEVEN"
Everybody has a photographic memory, some people just dont have film.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Warwickgull wrote:Huge banner should be made for that game "TORQUAY 1ST ELEVEN"
:lol: I approve of this idea.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Me also! Good shout Warwickgull! :clap: :lol:
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

I'm making sure that I'll be there. Not sure whether to give Buckle the send off he deserves or to completely ignore him.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

tktufc91 wrote:I'm making sure that I'll be there. Not sure whether to give Buckle the send off he deserves or to completely ignore him.
personally i think we should give him some grief, really have a go at him, if someone can come up with a suitable, clever chant, and we go for it. BUT, once the game is under way, get right behind our team, and continue to do so for the 90mins, no more buckle cr@p, get it out the way early doors, then concentrate on supporting Ling, Taylor, and all the players.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Think we should do nothing but support our team,we should turn our attention to Buckle either depending on the score or when the game is over.

is it to early to have roll call of who is going?
Formerly known as forevertufc
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

are we to assume it will be all ticket ?? regardless, put me (my mate and son) down for it. wouldn't miss it for the world.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

I'll hopefully be at Southampton, Bristol and potentially Aldershot. :~D
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

i would like to go, supposed to be playing cricket but i might give it a miss for that one. I will 100% definitely be at Saints and Aldershot.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Seen a couple of posts on there forum suggesting we might take between 35-50 fans up there :lol:

I will not miss this game for the world either,at the moment its me and bc-gull,have two other possible's coming aswell. :clap:
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

I'll be at this game no worries about that!

I've been thinking about this, and surely the worst thing we can do is sing any songs about Buckle? It would drive his ego wild, having all 4 sides of the ground singing his name (regardless of whether its good or bad!).

It must have rankled with Buckle that he never got the adulation that say Leroy got from the crowd. So in my mind, the best way to make a point would be to salute Ling like he's some sort of demi-god, like we never did for Buckle. Same with all the players who have left - go crazy over their replacements. Far more positive!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

royalgull wrote:i would like to go, supposed to be playing cricket but i might give it a miss for that one. I will 100% definitely be at Saints and Aldershot.
No,Ian,you have got to go to Rovers,play criket that day and you can forget the vas,its a dry-run for you. :)
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

NickGull wrote:I'll hopefully be at Southampton, Bristol and potentially Aldershot. :~D

Same here, plus the first game if I can get in. :scarf:
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

forevertufc wrote: No,Ian,you have got to go to Rovers,play criket that day and you can forget the vas,its a dry-run for you. :)
A dry F*ckle eh! It's tempting..... there's a good chance i will go, not too far from me despite my pro Buckle stance on his tenure I will give him a bit of friendly Anglo Saxon banter. The thought of winning the game and being part of that is what will probably tempt me to go....before we lose 3-0 to goals from Zebs, Carayol and Stanley and Bevan saves a penalty.