Away Days your going to this year?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Away Days your going to this year?

Post by Colorado Gull »

The talk on here has been very depressing with players leaving and not many players coming in as of late (but I'm sure more signings will be made next week or so.) So let's just forget about all the technical stuff and just look ahead to the away days were going to this year. No moaning just fans coming together to get behind the team to give the much needed support to the whole club even though there are things that you don't agree with. So which ones of these are you planning this year?

AFC Wimbledon
Accrington Stanley
Aldershot
Barnet
Bradford
Bristol R
Burton Albion
Cheltenham
Crawley Town
Crewe
Dag & Red
Gillingham
Hereford
Macclesfield
Morecambe
Northampton
Oxford Utd
Plymouth
Port Vale
Rotherham
Shrewsbury
Southend
Southampton - League Cup
Swindon

I'm hopefully planning to go to most of these! Looking forward to it! :-D
Last edited by Colorado Gull on 07 Jul 2011, 10:55, edited 2 times in total.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I work N/shift and do not finish untill 8am sometimes later on a Saturday morning so away matchs are difficult for me,however i will be going to Rovers and Plymouth of course.

If i can the Tuesday night of then i will go Cheltenham as i throughly enjoyed that one lasts eason,if not i am going for Swindon away,i am afriad that will be about it for me.
Formerly known as forevertufc
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

Being exiled, the standard 5 or 6 home games a year and;

Saints
Aldershot
Dagenham
Barnet
Crawley
Hereford
Oxford
Swindon.

No to Cheltenham, bored of going there on a cold Tuesday night having been to the last two and gutted I cant make Brizzle Rovers.
TUST #324
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Oxford
aldershot
B Rovers (maybe)
Northampton
Hereford
Cheltenham
Swindon
Plymouth
Barnet
Crawley
Wombles
Saints
Gills (maybe)
Southend (maybe)

Can't do Dagenham which was on my provisional list. I might venture further afield to take in one i wasn't planning and take in a new ground maybe Burton or Shrewsbury.
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Moving to Russia this year so I'll only be able to make Plymouth away on the 2nd and Macclesfield away in January, before I move back.

Gutted as I normally get a good 5 or 6 in. That said, if we get a good run (and I mean really good run) in the FA cup I'll come back for that.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Being a northern based gull i shall make the usual trips to Morecambe, Crewe, Macc, Vale, Bradford, Burton, Northampton, Rotherham, Shrewsbury and Oxford. I am not going to Accy as i went for the first time last season and swore i would never go back. The place is so bad that i felt like suicide afterwards and i don't even live there!! I'm hoping to get to Bristol Rovers, Hereford, Cheletenham, Swindon and Plymouth. I never go to London so that rules out Barnet, Wimbledon and the Daggers and i'm not going Crawley, Southend, Gillingham or Aldershot. Definately making the home game with Macc my first ever game live at Plainmoor and also going to the Barnet home game in december. There you go, just for the record!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Can't do many Aways unfortunately. Will definitely (well ticket permitting) be at Rovers, Argyle and probably Swindon. Might get to Cheltenham again, but the mid-week nature of that game makes it less appealing. No more than that probably.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Hopefully all of them. But the only one I'm not 100% sure on yet is Aldershot as someones off that day at work. But its my dad so I'm trying to convince him to change his mind.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

every season i try and visit new grounds, but seem to end up at all the same ones anyway. I definitely want to get to rovers and bradford as i've never been to either of those, then i'll do the usual northampton, barnet, oxford, possibly crewe, crawley, argyle, swindon, wimbledon, hereford, and any more i can get away with !! looks like a busy end to the season for me.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

I'm ashamed to say my first ever away game was Rotherham last year (last game of the season), despite having been a Gulls follower since the age of 8. But even though we were awful and the Don Valley is one of the strangest football stadiums I've ever seen, the experience has inspired me to get on the coach a few more times this season. Bristol and Saints are the first two nailed on, I may have to sacrifice the Burton game just to be able to afford those two however. Later on in the season I'd like to get to AFC Wimbledon or perhaps another London side as I have plenty of friends up in the capital I could crash with. Beyond that I don't know, I'd just like to see a few grounds I haven't already visited on other occasions.
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
teeboo100
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: alex russell

Post by teeboo100 »

ime going for every 1 of them
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

teeboo100 wrote:ime going for every 1 of them
teeboo - are you the team coach driver?? :lol:
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
teeboo100
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: alex russell

Post by teeboo100 »

nah ime the new centre forward
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

I really hate myself for this, and i'm generally not part of the grammar police, but 'ime'?! The English language is doomed. 'Text speak' will be the death of it.

Oh well, i'll keep despairing. As you were.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

Rarely make decisions about going to away matches very far in advance-but will start with the Truro friendly and almost certainly Bristol Rovers, and see how the team is progressing from then before deciding about going to the rest.