Youth players

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
highweekgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Youth players

Post by highweekgull »

Damn fine post on the OS today

Good to see who we've got before they hit the first team

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/Youth ... 62,00.html

Have to bookmark this page for future reference!
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

I noticed that too. I was quite surprised with how many are from quite a distance away.
alcohorse
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Richards

Post by alcohorse »

Looks good - hopefully they'll also update this to let us know about any players that we let go, instead of people looking back in a couple years time and trying to work out which ones have gone missing! Best of luck to all of them though, will be great to see some youth players finally making it to the senior team! :-D
He's got Bayes' boots on!
ROI2Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Gary Nelson

Post by ROI2Gull »

Has anyone seen these kids play ? Also does Geoff have any promising talent from this bunch does anyone know ?
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

Liked the profiles-especially the strengths/weaknesses analysis.One of the lads didn't have any weaknesses listed at all.
Would be interesting to do something similar for the first team squad-though we will need to see more of the new signings before we can make such judgements, I guess.
How about this one for starters:)anny Stevens-Strengths:Ist touch,pace. Weaknesses:tackling.heading,crossing,shooting,mobility,aggression,fitness!
Ernie McGregor
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by Ernie McGregor »

Anyone else notice how many of them are born in September?
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Behind-the-Gulls wrote:Liked the profiles-especially the strengths/weaknesses analysis.One of the lads didn't have any weaknesses listed at all.Would be interesting to do something similar for the first team squad-though we will need to see more of the new signings before we can make such judgements, I guess.
How about this one for starters:)anny Stevens-Strengths:Ist touch,pace. Weaknesses:tackling.heading,crossing,shooting,mobility,aggression,fitness!
Yeah he does - its under the advertisement!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

Ernie McGregor wrote:Anyone else notice how many of them are born in September?
they're always gonna be the biggest lads as almost a year older than some in their year. theres been some research done into the number of pro sportsmen born between sept and dec, leaving weaklings from june like me trailing in their wake and eventually giving up on team sports once and for all!! damn my parents and their autumn copulation, i coulda been a contender!!
still keeping the faith
DerbyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by DerbyGull »

I think the one from Derby is definitely one to watch especially due to the fact he saw sense and no longer lives in Derby!!!!
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Behind-the-Gulls wrote:Liked the profiles-especially the strengths/weaknesses analysis.One of the lads didn't have any weaknesses listed at all.Would be interesting to do something similar for the first team squad-though we will need to see more of the new signings before we can make such judgements, I guess.
I think you will find that if you scroll down a little, James Quinn does have weaknesses. It's just that they are listed below the advert. Having said that I would be interested to see what the list looks like in 6 months time. how many of those weaknesses have been worked on and whats left to do.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Really impressed with the OS on this. Well done whoever does it!

Really interesting learing about their background as well as strengths and weaknesses. Couldn't ask for any more than that! Keep it up!
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
bc-gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Pearce

Post by bc-gull »

ROI2Gull wrote:Has anyone seen these kids play ? Also does Geoff have any promising talent from this bunch does anyone know ?
I have seen a few play, when I was in the Centre of excellence I trained with Aaron Ibbotson a bit, he is a very quick goalkeeper, strong hand too.

Seen a few others, I have seen James Quinn train abit, he'll get into the first team. I think theres more but cant remember..
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

I referee the youth academy every week and have been impressed with:

Dan sullivan, although his attitude is poor he is a good player

Nail thompson is a good ball player but again attitude is his down fall.

Scoot Beattie is also a referee but has potential in the game.

There's a few i havent heard of yet like the one from cyprus! (i wouldnt like to have to take him name down in my book!) :~D
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Blimey, I'm turning into my mother but Carshalton is in Surrey, not London. Tut, tut. :)

That's an interesting read and as a previous poster has said I hope they update it in a few months so we can see how they're coming along.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Yellow4life wrote:I referee the youth academy every week and have been impressed with:

Dan sullivan, although his attitude is poor he is a good player

Nail thompson is a good ball player but again attitude is his down fall.

Scoot Beattie is also a referee but has potential in the game.

There's a few i havent heard of yet like the one from cyprus! (i wouldnt like to have to take him name down in my book!) :~D
Is this our Youth Team or a young offenders institute?
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."