Fans Forum - Tonight

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Fans Forum - Tonight

Post by ferrarilover »

Right, I'm going, I shall be there, front and centre, as usual, notepad in hand.

Does anyone have any burning issues to get out there?

I have noted that a lack of updated important information on the OS, as well as the misleading headlines putting people off reading.

The kit debacle (everything from its less pleasant design, to the 'sorry guv, it missed the jet' non sense to the 'design a kit' competition which was then disregarded entirely).

Membership scheme - either do it properly, or scrap it.

Dinger - Clearly, having two first team quality players for every position is a good thing, how does he plan to keep the bench warmers happy.

Anything else we want to know?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

just the usual stuff matt, like what are they doing about marketing the club in the area to get bums on seats - even if it's just putting up the fixture posters in town, anything is better than nothing. i think they should be looking at getting some merchandise available in the town, even if it's not a huge selection, surely they can come to an arrangement somewhere to at least display a shirt, a hat and a scarf or something ?!?!

on that note, why (as i have heard - having never been there), is there nothing promoting the club at Sparkworld ?? Can't they at least put up a "proud sponsors of TUFC" banner or something ??

and when you mention the new kit, please ask what the rogue apostrophe is all about on The Gulls'.

cheers mate, have fun, i look forward to hearing how it goes.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

Have you no work to do?? :lol:
Dont be late home. I want a seat tonight!! :-D
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

A few ideas!

1. Our PR. New products not advertised and us not placing energies to selling the club off the field. (Shop in town, Advertisements in the local paper etc).

2. Does the Dinger have any further scope in the budget or has he spent what he was given?

3. How secure is the club financially after 2 recent big losses reported in previous seasons.

4. How is the relationship with Back-Stabber-Buckle (I just want to know if the feel the same way we all do!)

5. Has the grandstand plans had any delay due to contractors changing?

6. How long is left with Vandanel and I will they be changing this as soon as they contractually can?

Thanks Matt
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

I have another one!!! - Has Dinger decided where to play McPhee yet? whats his best position?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

diamondgirl wrote:Have you no work to do?? :lol:
Dont be late home. I want a seat tonight!! :-D
Once again, I am OIC training and development, so I have a supervisory role today, allowing me a little 'cocking about on dotnet' time.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by diamondgirl »

Supervisory role or not, don't be late home.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Regiment »

ferrarilover wrote:Once again, I am OIC training and development, so I have a supervisory role today, allowing me a little 'cocking about on dotnet' time.
diamondgirl wrote:Supervisory role or not, don't be late home.
yeah, and don't saying "cocking about" to your ma - that's just not polite !! :lol:
Brady

I Wish I Was There
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by diamondgirl »

He has NO respect for his elders does he Brady!! :slap:
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

Could you please ask

1. How many season ticket holders we have and what revenue that has generated. I have always believed that season ticket holds (myself included) think we are important but actually account for a tiny % of the clubs outgoings

2.It is not too early to ask if when the main stand is built can the club consider giving the current away end to Torquay fans and putting the away fans in the new main stand at the end. I am really concerned (having been to the likes of Lincoln City and Bury) that we will loose atmosphere by increasing capacity and this would help.

3. I think it is a great idea to offer tickets for all matches available prior to the game, and think that deserves a well done.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

What are the chances of getting an online ticket system? Would help alot...
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Regiment »

AlexGulls wrote:What are the chances of getting an online ticket system? Would help alot...
i second that.

at the very least, the club needs to address the problems with getting tickets (following the OT fiasco). the should have a plan in place in the event we find ourselves in that situation again, or a big draw in the FA Cup etc.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Exactly. Would also add another outlet for fans further a field such as your self. Would cut down the amount of phone calls they have to handle and would speed things up abit. Plenty of clubs do it these days and it seems to work.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

pffft, its plainmoor, not the flipping san siro!! an automated online ticket system, are you for real, for the number we sell, it'll never happen, no need for it except once or twice a season. money can be better spent elsewhere
still keeping the faith
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Regiment »

i'd be happy with a procedure in place just to handle such eventualities. no need to spend precious funds on it, just sort it out so the club know how to handle the situation and not have a repeat of the OT farce.
Brady

I Wish I Was There