Can't smell any Gas on this board today?

General chat about anything else goes here.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Can't smell any Gas on this board today?

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Title says it all.....

Sorry couldn't resist
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Dave_Pougher wrote:Title says it all.....

Sorry couldn't resist
That's really nice of you to drop that one. :Z :lol:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

To be fair, quite a few have come on here and been gracious in defeat. Besides, I think our happiness is more at Buckles expense than theirs.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Southampton Gull wrote:To be fair, quite a few have come on here and been gracious in defeat. Besides, I think our happiness is more at Buckles expense than theirs.

Agreed, their have some gasheads gracious in defeat and a few knobs pre saeson. I have nothing but respect for the decent gas heads I wouldn't wish Buckle on them to be fair. I'm just enjoying the gloating and bragging rights it may not last long lol. I will grow up one day but don't hold your breath.
Attachments
156xv1k.jpg
156xv1k.jpg (19.03 KiB) Viewed 1281 times
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Yes - doubt we will see gashead1979 or simonb return for comment! Shame - big loss!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Gashead1979
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Gashead1979 »

Richinns wrote:Yes - doubt we will see gashead1979 or simonb return for comment! Shame - big loss!
Oh im here, unfortunately had to miss the game as got called away to the states on business.

Ref was kind to you by all accounts but doesnt seem our players have really gelled yet, especially in defence. Zebroski was awful in the PSF and against Wombles....if you want I will drive him back to Plainmoor??

Stanley hasnt been the player you said he was yet either but I expect he and the rest will improve and we'll give you a better game in your back yard.

PS. banter board surely??!!
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Gashead1979 wrote: Oh im here, unfortunately had to miss the game as got called away to the states on business.

Ref was kind to you by all accounts but doesnt seem our players have really gelled yet, especially in defence. Zebroski was awful in the PSF and against Wombles....if you want I will drive him back to Plainmoor??

Stanley hasnt been the player you said he was yet either but I expect he and the rest will improve and we'll give you a better game in your back yard.

PS. banter board surely??!!
Its for the powers that be to decide!

Stanley is quality at this level and I predict he will be your player of the season. Was great to get one over on Bucks as it has made us feel better about everything that has gone on and perhaps now all can move on.

Howe seems to be a far better player than you guys ever gave him credit for. Very happy about the way he has settled and is performing.

I think your over reaction about Zeb will really help him settle quickly! Trust us - he is a very good player at this level (although we have lost a lot of respect for him after his behaviour about forcing a transfer to be with Uncle Paul).
TUST member 328
Gashead1979
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Gashead1979 »

Richinns wrote: Its for the powers that be to decide!

Stanley is quality at this level and I predict he will be your player of the season. Was great to get one over on Bucks as it has made us feel better about everything that has gone on and perhaps now all can move on.

Howe seems to be a far better player than you guys ever gave him credit for. Very happy about the way he has settled and is performing.

I think your over reaction about Zeb will really help him settle quickly! Trust us - he is a very good player at this level.
Howe imo will soon become the player we and a few others know him to be. Luckily for him we don't have any decent CB's. If he stays on that form then good luck to him but he didnt show any sign of that here. can't fault his workrate though, just everything else.

Anyway, cant comment on details of the game as wasn't there, but disappointed not to beat Torquay and now have a real toughie against Northampton.

I guess now the added interest of our first 2 games is out of the way we may improve, hope so anyway or Buckle is in trouble. I still think he may come in for your defender there were rumours about pre season.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Howe imo will soon become the player we and a few others know him to be. Luckily for him we don't have any decent CB's. If he stays on that form then good luck to him but he didnt show any sign of that here. can't fault his workrate though, just everything else.

Anyway, cant comment on details of the game as wasn't there, but disappointed not to beat Torquay and now have a real toughie against Northampton.

I guess now the added interest of our first 2 games is out of the way we may improve, hope so anyway or Buckle is in trouble. I still think he may come in for your defender there were rumours about pre season.
WOW!

You have to be kidding? Poor Buckle! - looks like some are sharpening the knives already!!

Trust me - we will not sell Robertson to you unless you put in a big offer which is worth more than he offers to the team.
TUST member 328
Gashead1979
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Gashead1979 »

Richinns wrote: WOW!

You have to be kidding? Poor Buckle! - looks like some are sharpening the knives already!!Trust me - we will not sell Robertson to you unless you put in a big offer which is worth more than he offers to the team.

Not really, we are all well aware that the team needs time to gel, we only had one player from last season playing against you (and he scored our goal) so all those changes are bound to take a while to come to fruition.

Saying that, our board have backed PB and will want promotion at the first attempt. The squad on paper looks top 3, but we all know footy isn't played on paper and some players take time to settle. Even playing at home is not really a benefit this early with so many new players.

We were awful for the first 2/3 of our promotion (2006/07) season and still won the L2 play offs, so just shows you don't need to be great all the way through. I'm sure we will be there or thereabouts come May, not overly worried at the moment so i'll judge after 10 games or so.

Re Robertson, since when did you only accept big offers for players??
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

Hey thats a bit unfair!!!! Your Board here has been all over the place and keeps coming up with errors. Anyway I came and said well done even though its been a bloody awful weekend. I wont stop coming on here just cos we lost,like this forum better than ours as you can have sensible conversations whereas ours will be full of criticisms of our players and I cant stand individual criticisms. I notice you do get it on here (Stevens) but nowhere near as bad as Rovers site. I just hope we take saturdays result out on Gary Johnson tomorrow night. Be another interesting night as youve got Aldershot who lost to Northampton at the weekend who we have got. Very interesting to see AFC Wimbledon won away at Dagenham (Looks like they will be in for a tough all season). Think you have a good chance of beating Aldershot if your performance saturday was not just inspred by the Buckle Factor. We will have to play a lot better if we are to get a result tomorrow although 23 attempts at goal is pretty good going you could not say that there were many good attempts. Shame we didnt pressurise your keeper as much as you pressurised Bevan because he looked really dodgy to me but did make a couple of good saves. Was quite impressed with your defence which is our weakness,I didnt think Stanley was as bad as some are making out and am more than happy with him. I am sure Zebroski will come good as he has been hit by illness in the last week. As regards Howe I dont agree with Gashead1979 as I felt he was good last season for us as regards holding the ball up and his effort could not be faulted but IMO he still has inability to actually score a lot of goals but I could be wrong as he certainly has more support up front with you than he had with us.
Anyway onwards and upwards..my excuse is that its a marathon not a sprint!!!! lolol Good luck tomorrow. Steve
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

Gashead1979 wrote:
Not really, we are all well aware that the team needs time to gel, we only had one player from last season playing against you (and he scored our goal) so all those changes are bound to take a while to come to fruition.

Saying that, our board have backed PB and will want promotion at the first attempt. The squad on paper looks top 3, but we all know footy isn't played on paper and some players take time to settle. Even playing at home is not really a benefit this early with so many new players.

We were awful for the first 2/3 of our promotion (2006/07) season and still won the L2 play offs, so just shows you don't need to be great all the way through. I'm sure we will be there or thereabouts come May, not overly worried at the moment so i'll judge after 10 games or so.

Re Robertson, since when did you only accept big offers for players??
since Martin Ling took full charge, and built his team. hopefully !! He knows already that Robbo is a huge player for us, and when all our other players/loan players left the club, he probably didn't know them from adam. Zebba handed in a request, so there's no point dwelling on it, the club took what they could get, and let him go with minimal disruption to our squad.

as you quite rightly say, your team will take time to gel, but i think buckle needs to find the right combinations fast, as you definitely have the quality. but the buckle we all remember so fondly reared his head on saturday - took off carayol who at that time was your biggest attacking threat. Kuffour looked very sharp when he came on, so quite pleased he wasn't on from the start. you should do fine as you have the players to do well, but it's down to buckle.

been an interesting couple of months, but i think it will do both clubs and both sets of supporters good to move on now. you're all welcome on here of course, i just mean time to move on with the Buckle saga. all the best 1979. :-D
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Regiment wrote: since Martin Ling took full charge, and built his team. hopefully !! He knows already that Robbo is a huge player for us, and when all our other players/loan players left the club, he probably didn't know them from adam. Zebba handed in a request, so there's no point dwelling on it, the club took what they could get, and let him go with minimal disruption to our squad.

as you quite rightly say, your team will take time to gel, but i think buckle needs to find the right combinations fast, as you definitely have the quality. but the buckle we all remember so fondly reared his head on saturday - took off carayol who at that time was your biggest attacking threat. Kuffour looked very sharp when he came on, so quite pleased he wasn't on from the start. you should do fine as you have the players to do well, but it's down to buckle.

been an interesting couple of months, but i think it will do both clubs and both sets of supporters good to move on now. you're all welcome on here of course, i just mean time to move on with the Buckle saga. all the best 1979. :-D
The result on Saturday has helped lay that to rest. Now its time to focus our contempt towards the fat to$$er and his feckwit of a sidekick at scummy Crawley :lol:
TUST member 328
Gashead1979
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Gashead1979 »

Regiment wrote: since Martin Ling took full charge, and built his team. hopefully !! He knows already that Robbo is a huge player for us, and when all our other players/loan players left the club, he probably didn't know them from adam. Zebba handed in a request, so there's no point dwelling on it, the club took what they could get, and let him go with minimal disruption to our squad.

Yeah that seems a good call, probably be back for some more banter before the rematch!!

Buckles decisions are alarming me already. Carayol was our best player pre-season but seems to not want to let him play the whole game. In a word Buckle doesnt seem to play players on form, more on what he knows of them. Well thats the impression I get anyway.
TUFC92
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by TUFC92 »

Gashead1979 wrote:Yeah that seems a good call, probably be back for some more banter before the rematch!!

Buckles decisions are alarming me already. Carayol was our best player pre-season but seems to not want to let him play the whole game. In a word Buckle doesnt seem to play players on form, more on what he knows of them. Well thats the impression I get anyway.
In my opinion, Buckle did this a hell of a lot when he first joined us. I think most will agree. The players that he knew more about and the players that he seemed 'friends' with, became instant choices in the starting 11 and even when on poor form, would still be played. He certainly had players that to me he thought were un dropable.

But, to be fair to him, that did change, yes he didn't go about it in the best way but when Woods, Hargreaves, Sills etc were no longer good enough, he got rid. I think he learnt that he's a manager now and can't be best friends with everyone. The fans critisised him a lot for those decisions but in the end, they were all right.

I expect that being at a new club, bringing in the amount of players he has, he has probably started doing the same. Don't expect these players to stay in the side if they are simply not good enough though, because he can be pretty ruthless. Do expect however, Zebroski to play in every single game whether he is playing well or not!