Fifa 12

General chat about anything else goes here.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Fifa 12

Post by stevegull »

For all those Torquay United gamers out there i thought i would start up a thread for it. (Although it may just be me that plays it!)

Tbh, i was disapponted at the lack of depth Fifa gave us last season on the game. Most of our players just appeared to have the stats that their position suited, for example, i think a certain Kevin Nicholson has pace in his top five attributes and apparently couldn't hit a set-piece for love nor money. However, i guess they have a lot of leagues to go through and finding out Torquay's set-piece taker may not be their priority! :P

What ratings do you think our side will get in the next version?
I will post mine later as the smell of dinner is entering the room!
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I don't partake in the playing of these silly computer games, but, as for TUFC being low on their list of priorities; do it right or don't do it at all. Why have dozens of poorly researched and rendered leagues when you could have just a half dozen well researched and rendered divisions?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

ferrarilover wrote:I don't partake in the playing of these silly computer games, but, as for TUFC being low on their list of priorities; do it right or don't do it at all. Why have dozens of poorly researched and rendered leagues when you could have just a half dozen well researched and rendered divisions?

Matt.

What.....??? And miss the oportunity to play as Danny Stevens?
I wonder if they have replaced Bevan, Zebroski, Branston and all the others that left in the summer?
EA Sports normal trick is to have the teams as they were at the end of the previous season LOL
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Looking forward to this. Would expect O'Kane to be our best player, followed by Olejnik, Ellis and probably Morris.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Out of interest do you buy each fifa every year or just now and then?
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

I would have thought that Oastler's ratings will be higher this year than they were last, I think his ratings on Fifa 11 were around 49!?
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

I get every Fifa, Louis.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stevegull »

I also get the game every year.

O'Kane should improve massively, he was like 49 on the last one, and one of our worst players. Not sure whether thay will change Oastler too much, they might just hink he's a youth player and doesn't play that much.

I would say best player may be Olejnik, as he came to the club with a good pedigree and people have heard of him outside of Devon. Worst player will be one of the youngsters, depends how far they delve into our youth.
My guesses:
Best Defender - Nicholson - 58
Best Midfielder - O'Kane - 59
Best Striker - Howe - 58

Our players normally are around 55 as an average.
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

They really should research it a bit more, you look at Football manager and it's so indepth, Fifa really just doesn't compare.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

we always used to get Pro Evolution in our house, right from the first releases on the old playstation, but since the PS3, it's been pants. last year we swapped to FIFA, and my boy also has it on his DS. not sure what we're going to get this year, as Pro Evo is meant to be looking good this year. anyone had a good look at either game yet ??
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

yellowforever wrote:They really should research it a bit more, you look at Football manager and it's so indepth, Fifa really just doesn't compare.
It's a different thing though, isn't it? Obviously it would be ideal if they did research it a bit more, but I highly doubt it's near the top of the list of priorities. Fifa is more for actually playing, whereas FM takes more skill and actual knowledge of the game - tactics, scouting, training, everything.

I don't really play Fifa for its indepthness (or lack of), Football Manager gives me plenty of that.

Talking of FM, cannot wait for that to come out either!
TUFCfan
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by TUFCfan »

The demo is likely out tomorrow for the 360/PC but probably won't be on the PS3 until the store update on Wednesday, unless Sony are feeling charitable.

Looking forward to it again this year. Not expecting too much change but it looks like the career mode has been improved and hopefully the online play will be more reliable. Am also hoping for no micropauses on this version, though I didn't get any micropauses on 11 until they released a patch to fix them.
Regiment wrote:we always used to get Pro Evolution in our house, right from the first releases on the old playstation, but since the PS3, it's been pants. last year we swapped to FIFA, and my boy also has it on his DS. not sure what we're going to get this year, as Pro Evo is meant to be looking good this year. anyone had a good look at either game yet ??
Judging by the first demo released a few weeks ago it's definitely improving for the better but isn't quite back to it's best yet. The second demo is out this week as well so it might have improved from the earlier demo.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Loving the demo. I love the fact that it's slowed down alot. I like slow passing build up so that suits me fine, and it also gives more time to do skills and such - for example my mate took Messi through about 5 of my players in one game, before scoring! Can't believe how good Barca are though..

Iniesta - 92
Xavi - 92
Messi - 95
Villa - 91

Their worst player is 82 rating, and thats Abidal. :O
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stevegull »

NickGull wrote:Loving the demo. I love the fact that it's slowed down alot. I like slow passing build up so that suits me fine, and it also gives more time to do skills and such - for example my mate took Messi through about 5 of my players in one game, before scoring! Can't believe how good Barca are though..

Iniesta - 92
Xavi - 92
Messi - 95
Villa - 91

Their worst player is 82 rating, and thats Abidal. :O
Think you got those a bit wrong mate, it is actually going to be...

Mansell - 92
O'Kane - 92
Howe - 95
Atieno - 91

They've got to be the best players in the game!

p.s. Just downloading the demo now, got some good reviews from my mates and people on here!
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stevegull »

Had a couple of games on the demo and i really enjoy it. However, this new defending system seems lost on me. If i can't tackle anyone with Puyol how am i going to fare with Saah?! :'(

One big positive though is that you can now take players on more easily, but not too easily, when attacking. And alot of the time you don't even need to do a skill, much like in real football. Just hold down L2 and R2 and they then 'shift' the ball between defenders. Looking forward to the real thing now, just got to decide who to have as my arena player!