Meet up for Northampton?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tommygull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Meet up for Northampton?

Post by tommygull »

Hi all.
I am heading up to Northampton this week on my todd and would enjoy a pint with folks on here if you're about?

From memory 2 seasons ago there are not a great deal of decent pubs about the ground just a couple of american-themed bar restaurants.

Anyone got plans to head anywhere specific let me know.

Cheers.
:( Tommy :)
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Paul and myself will be heading for Frankie and Benny's for lunch and a few beers, you're welcome to join us along with anyone else.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
tommygull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by tommygull »

Cheers, I might just do that. Hopefully see you there!
:( Tommy :)
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

Being from Milton Keynes (just up the road from Northampton) I can tell you there's no bars/pubs near the ground. Like said above, theres a Frankies and a cinema, thats practically it!!!
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

Frankies for me too!! See you in there!! :scarf:
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

tufc si wrote:Being from Milton Keynes (just up the road from Northampton) I can tell you there's no bars/pubs near the ground. Like said above, theres a Frankies and a cinema, thats practically it!!!
And a massive Sainsbury's, and half a dozen restaurants and a McDonalds and a Pizza Hut, but yeah, there's really no where to eat up there at all... :whistle:

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

tufc si wrote:Being from Milton Keynes (just up the road from Northampton) I can tell you there's no bars/pubs near the ground. Like said above, theres a Frankies and a cinema, thats practically it!!!
What... not even the Sixfields Hungry Horse pub????
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

ferrarilover wrote: And a massive Sainsbury's, and half a dozen restaurants and a McDonalds and a Pizza Hut, but yeah, there's really no where to eat up there at all... :whistle:

Matt.
Did I forget to mention I was blind haha!?!?!? :whistle:

I can't remember the amount of times i've been to Sixfields and passed the ground, shows how much notice I take lol!!
Warwickgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: HOWE

Post by Warwickgull »

Going to this one, is it a frankies n bennies or a TGI or are there both. Could swear it was a TGI we were in last season for a drink waiting and waiting and waiting for our team bus to turn up, ended up as 4 pints instead of 2.
Everybody has a photographic memory, some people just dont have film.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

There's both, but I have a feeling that if you go to TGI, you'll be there on your Todd.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Warwickgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: HOWE

Post by Warwickgull »

There will be 3 or 4 of us, might try F&B's then. :)
Everybody has a photographic memory, some people just dont have film.
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

We did TGIs a couple of years a go and it was expensive, and crap, so last year we tried F&B and it was much nicer and better value. Also you can park there for free, you need to get a pass when you go in.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Awayday wrote:We did TGIs a couple of years a go and it was expensive, and crap, so last year we tried F&B and it was much nicer and better value. Also you can park there for free, you need to get a pass when you go in.
So true. In TGI's I had the "large" rack of ribs but was expecting a large pigs ribs, not a piglets. Had to have a burger as well. Frankie and Benny's was great, apart from trying to put bloody ice in my Magners. The food and service was so much better, the Manageress was very fit as well ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
stratfordgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Bobby O...oh no

Post by stratfordgull »

Last year was the bus breaking down wasn't it? We arrived with about 5 minutes to official kick off time and I remember thinking that with that many people outside, it had to be the biggest crowd I'd seen for years.....of course, it was because everybody was outside..duh! F & B's definitely the pick here.
kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: sloped off

Post by kingsgull »

Southampton Gull wrote: So true. In TGI's I had the "large" rack of ribs but was expecting a large pigs ribs, not a piglets. Had to have a burger as well. Frankie and Benny's was great, apart from trying to put bloody ice in my Magners. The food and service was so much better, the Manageress was very fit as well ;-)

no hooters in Northampton then ??!!