Apparently, these threads refer to the same game.

General chat about anything else goes here.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Apparently, these threads refer to the same game.

Post by ferrarilover »

Look away now BG, it's another thread involving Useless Rovers, which I know is against your new board rules, but I don't care.

Apparently, this thread from the Useless Rovers board >>> http://www.brfcforum.co.uk/index.php?/t ... ch-thread/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Refers to the same match as this thread from the Bradford FC forum >>> http://bcafc.livewwware.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=65793" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Never seen two diametrically opposed views of the same match. It's coming to something when there are supporters out there who talk more bollocks than Cobblers fans, but it seems Bristol Useless have managed it.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

http://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/page/Lat ... 56,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sound familiar?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Dave, can you fix my Rovers link please, it's not working.

Matt.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Matt - you just needed to put a space in-between the > and the "h"

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Cheers Scotty.
gasrex
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by gasrex »

Todays latest headlines...

'Football fans in talk bollocks on forum shock'
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

gasrex wrote:Todays latest headlines...

'Rovers fans in talk bollocks on forum shock'

Edited for the usual factuals ;-)
Dave

gasrex
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by gasrex »

Southampton Gull wrote:
Edited for the usual factuals ;-)
OOOh bitchy!!!

I would hazard a guess that if you trawled through the forums of opposing teams from Saturdays games, you would find a fair bit of differing opinion. From the -usually- reliable sources I know who were at the game, and from local media, it sounds like a draw was a fair result, and Bradford got an extremely dodgy penalty.
You don't want to take a lot of notice of what Bradford fans say- they're northerners you know.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

gasrex wrote: OOOh bitchy!!!

I would hazard a guess that if you trawled through the forums of opposing teams from Saturdays games, you would find a fair bit of differing opinion. From the -usually- reliable sources I know who were at the game, and from local media, it sounds like a draw was a fair result, and Bradford got an extremely dodgy penalty.
You don't want to take a lot of notice of what Bradford fans say- they're northerners you know.
So are you! ;-)
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Looked like you were second best to me and both were nailed-on pens ;-)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 773067.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dave

ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

While I don't want this thread to become too serious in nature, I would like to point out that it is almost completely unheard of for an opposing fan to visit this board and do anything other than agree almost entirely with what we have written. The NTFC match was a perfect example. A Cobbler (username A Cobbler) came on here and the first words out of his mouth (or fingers, if you prefer) were 'pretty fair assessment from Jeff' or something to that effect.

What really struck me was that both sides claim to have annihilated each other and played their best football for a while, while the opposition view was that the opposition was crap and will get beaten regularly. Must just be that both sides have such low expectations and standards that any improvement on the usual long ball rubbish will be seen as good football...

Matt.
gasrex
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by gasrex »

I think that may be more because of the nature of this forum, it generally seems to be a more, dare I say, mature place, where there aren't too many over the top, hysterical posts- apart from SouthamptonGull of course. :~D . Check out the majority of forums and I'm sure you will more disagreemnets between fans, probably more along the lines of 'We waz well robbd, gutted. I fiink we sud of one 6-0 hahahahha :lol: :slap: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: o:) :Z :clap: :engflag: :engflag: :engflag: :whip: :O
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

That only seems to happen with Gasheads ;-)
Dave

BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Roberts

Post by BritishGAS »

ferrarilover wrote:Look away now BG, it's another thread involving Useless Rovers, which I know is against your new board rules, but I don't care.

Apparently, this thread from the Useless Rovers board >>> http://www.brfcforum.co.uk/index.php?/t ... ch-thread/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Refers to the same match as this thread from the Bradford FC forum >>> http://bcafc.livewwware.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=65793" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Never seen two diametrically opposed views of the same match. It's coming to something when there are supporters out there who talk more bollocks than Cobblers fans, but it seems Bristol Useless have managed it.

Matt.
Again taken from our OF, which is a complete shambles and is total bullshit.

Take a look at our AF and you will see countless threads about how shit we have been, We certainly deserved to beat Bradford though.

It is funny how they say we are the worst team they have played this season, yet they needed 2 dives in the box to get a draw, and they are languishing 2nd bottom with only 6 points :na: .....Stupid **** northeners.
Last edited by BritishGAS on 14 Sep 2011, 14:10, edited 1 time in total.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Ah yes, the alternative forum that has recently treated us to such in depth footballing discussions as 'Player with the Best Looking Wag' and 'Player with the Best Hair'. 8/