Rene 'Thug' Howe

General chat about anything else goes here.
Shrewsontour
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: None

Rene 'Thug' Howe

Post by Shrewsontour »

Well done on your fat prick of a striker, Hazell is now out for the rest of the season for his little cheap shot at the end of the game on Saturday.

Tosser!
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Shrewsontour wrote:Well done on your fat prick of a striker, Hazell is now out for the rest of the season for his little cheap shot at the end of the game on Saturday.

Tosser!
No need to come on here with that attitude - if you have something to say then fair enough but an attacking post like that will only be met by a negative response.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Shrewsontour
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: None

Post by Shrewsontour »

Meant to come across that way, already have a lack of defenders!

Hope someone 'does' Howe in a game soon.
Loggerheads
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Loggerheads »

As a professional footballer Howe should be ashamed of himself and at least have the decency to make a public apology.

He is however keeping his head down. Due to the blatant intent of his actions I would think there is a possibility of legal action against the player and deservedly so!
Loggerheads
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Loggerheads »

Shrewsontour wrote:Meant to come across that way, already have a lack of defenders!

Hope someone 'does' Howe in a game soon.
I don't agree, 2 wrongs don't make a right. He does deserve more punishment than a 3 match ban.

For all the Torquay fans, I am afraid Howe is a scumbag who has tarnished your football team. You should get rid of him, on the evidence of Saturday it's not as if he offers much to your team, he is slow, overweight, lazy and has a poor attitude and Ling should get rid of him quick!
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

It was a petulant act and no more than that. He has not deliberately gone out to 'do him'. It was a booking so therefore it got what it deserved. Unfortunate that your player suffered a long term injury but Rene only flicked his leg - he did not go in knee high with studs showing did he!

Not condoning his actions but they were not malicious as you have indicated - your overreaction and suggestion of legal action is laughable!

I wish Hazell all the best, as I am sure Rene has already done so.
Last edited by Richinns on 28 Sep 2011, 15:09, edited 1 time in total.
TUST member 328
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Loggerheads wrote: I don't agree, 2 wrongs don't make a right. He does deserve more punishment than a 3 match ban.

For all the Torquay fans, I am afraid Howe is a scumbag who has tarnished your football team. You should get rid of him, on the evidence of Saturday it's not as if he offers much to your team, he is slow, overweight, lazy and has a poor attitude and Ling should get rid of him quick!
2 yellows = 1 game. Scumbag? how the hell would you know?? 1 little flick of the leg and you come to that how??
TUST member 328
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I have not seen the tackle so will not make a comment on that, however i have seen Rene Howe play this season, i am going to defend the lad because so far this season , i have not seen anyhting other than an honest player doing his best for the team, i have not once so far seen him try to injure a fellow player.

Talk of legal action and calling Howe a scumbag, sorry a total over reaction, there is no way in this world Howe would have intended to wreck Hazel's season or the rest of his career if it came to that.

I also wish the lad a speedy recovery.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

forevertufc wrote:I have not seen the tackle so will not make a comment on that, however i have seen Rene Howe play this season, i am going to defend the lad because so far this season , i have not seen anyhting other than an honest player doing his best for the team, i have not once so far seen him try to injure a fellow player.

Talk of legal action and calling Howe a scumbag, sorry a total over reaction, there is no way in this world Howe would have intended to wreck Hazel's season or the rest of his career if it came to that.

I also wish the lad a speedy recovery.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15054943.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Right at the end of the highlights (lowlights!).
TUST member 328
Exkeeper
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Scott Bevan

Post by Exkeeper »

According to Lee Mansell on twitter, "what was done was inexcusable".
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Thanks Rich, after watching it several times , i stand by my defence of Rene Howe, also 100% stand by, the stance i have taken in calling the use of the word scumbag, and thug a total over reaction.

I was expecting to see some ssort of horror tackle, that was not even a tackle, he as Rich said has done nothing more than flicked his leg, i think the injury to Rueben Hazel is unlucky, this could happen 9 times out of 10 and no injury would have occured.

so all i can say to mr ontour is, pipe down.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Exkeeper wrote:According to Lee Mansell on twitter, "what was done was inexcusable".
No one is arguing he has an excuse to do it but it was a small petulant act which caused a freak outcome. No way did he mean to hurt him. His instant reaction shows this straight away.

How many times are players tripped like this in a game to prevent an attack/break up play? - be honest - its countless times. Often players do something similar to stop a break away from the other team - they take a booking and many describe this as 'he took one for the team' and it is seen as a good thing.

I know Rene did it out of frustration and under diffrent circimstances but it was not malicious. Everyone wishes that Hazell did not suffer this injury as an outcome but Rene got what he deserved (a second yellow). End of story.
TUST member 328
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

One thing i should clear up here, i dont not think this disscusion is about whether it was right or wrong what Howe has done, because it clearly was wrong and no need for it.

To me its about intent, was there any intent to injury Hazel in that manner, no way, thats why i am defending Rene Howe and will continue to do so against these accusations of being thug, which he is not.
kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: sloped off

Post by kingsgull »

looked at the clip in slow motion lots and lots of times and can only see a slight clip and hazels gone down like he was shot on the beaches from Normandy in 1944....think the guys on here berating him are so far out of order its unreal...he got punished with a card which is at worst what he deserved....i would hereby tell shrewsontour and loggerheads to bugger off and leave the lad alone .....

i also wish Rueben well despite being built like a girls blouse :)
JoeBarlow
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by JoeBarlow »

I don't really care what you feel. You don't support Torquay.